“Standard Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

Save Saved
You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Antonio De Belen, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Standard Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here the last night before going to the airport. It is kind of a standard airport hotel. The room was nice and the free shuttle to the airport was great. We ate at the bar, the bartender was great and let us pick the tv channels since we were the only ones there at first. The food was pretty good. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice. The breakfast the next morning was decent as well. Free Wifi (including computers which was nice after using my phone all trip) and air conditioning.

Nothing special but very convenient for a last (or first) night and has everything you need.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1,596 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We spent our first and last nights in Costa Rica at Adventure Inn and loved the place. Great value. SUPER close to the airport with free shuttle made the beginning and end of the vacation so much easier. We rented a car through adventure inn which was perfect. Super easy to have them drop off and pick up the car from the hotel. And I felt much more confident renting through Eric. Rooms are large and clean. The whole vibe of the hotel is relaxed and welcoming and every person who works therewent out of his /her way to help us, answer questions, etc. walking distance to several restaurants although the food in the hotel is quite good. The casados are a little "Americanized "- skinless boneless chicken breast- but tasty. Full breakfast with nice fruit Nd good coffee. It really can't be beat for what it is.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Nice staff, very accommodating. Clean rooms, and restaurant/bar on site. The only issue that I had was that I had booked thru Expedia, and when we got here there was no reservation. However, they put us in a room with no issues.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay in the Adventure Inn. It location makes it near but far from San Jose in a nice place. All the personal attend us very friendly and everything was super you will enjoy the dinner as well as the breakfast. I will recommend my friends and family this place. Also I hope to have future vacations in Costa Rica because everything is near, clean and green.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at Adventure Inn while attending a scientific meeting held at the Cariari Conference Center located a 10-15 minute walk away. One could also easily take a taxi at a cost of $2-$3 US. My room had two Queen beds, a coffee maker and coffee, and a window air conditioner as well as ceiling fan. There was also a small safe that could be used for $1 extra per night. The bed was very comfortable. Hot water was available in the sink as well as the shower. The folks at reception were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast included with the cost of the room was excellent. This was a full breakfast, with a choice of an omelet with potatoes, rice and beans with an egg, pancakes, or waffles, along with a breakfast bar that included fresh fruit (papaya and pineapple), bread, jams, peanut butter, cold cereal, milk, juices, and coffee. I had an omelet each morning and each time they were cooked exactly as I requested. (I don't like runny eggs so I requested the omelets "bien cocido" or well cooked and I received exactly that). The breakfast food was all very tasty and very ample. Again, this is a full, hot breakfast, not a continental breakfast with just toast and cold cereal as offered at other hotels. The hotel also has an upstairs computer room with three computers that I used briefly. The room has a couch and space for groups to converse, and a bookshelf with paperbacks to share (take one, leave one). There is also an exercise room upstairs. I did not use it but there were many different machines, including I think two exercise bicycles and a stair climber, plus various machines with weights.

The wireless available in my room had a good signal and I experienced no difficulty connecting. A couple of times the wireless went down but for only a few minutes. I stayed at the Hotel Adventure Inn after doing field work in other parts of Costa Rica, so I did not use the free taxi service from the Airport to the Hotel. However, I did use the free taxi from the hotel to the airport upon departure and the service was excellent. I chose to leave the hotel three hours before my flight and the taxi was on time (actually, a bit early). Two of my graduate students stayed the night of the 24th at the Adventure Inn and were also very pleased with their room, food, and free taxi to the airport. We did not have the time for any hotel-arranged tours but I would recommend the hotel to others who might be interested in such tours, or to folks who need a room near the Cariari Conference Center. For either of these the location is excellent (so that is why I rate it excellent). If you want to be near another part of town, this may not be the best location. However, the price and service here might be good enough to make it worthwhile to travel by taxi to other areas, depending on what you want to do.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor, same side of the building as the restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New Iberia, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Eric was so helpful with all sorts of information from our first contact with him. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed. We were given free shuttle to the airport and the driver even stopped for us to grab last minute souvenirs . The full breakfast included in the price was a real plus. We only spent one night but with all the pluses we would not hesitate to return .

Room Tip: This is not a luxury hotel but a good value with free shuttle and breakfast and very personal assist...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lithia Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am excited to tell others about my visit to San Jose, Costa Rico . My recent trip, start on a good note and ended on a good note. I want to say thanks to all the members of adventure in Staff. You work hard to make my stay pleasant, and I'm thankful. Your rooms were clean, appliances functional, food were terrific and staff were very helpful. If you are looking for a great place to stay while visiting Costa Rica, I encourage you to stay at Adventure inn. All the staff spoke good English.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!