“A great alternative to the airport hotels” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

Save Saved
You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Antonio De Belen, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Columbia, South Carolina
“A great alternative to the airport hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our flight from the US arrived too late for us to get to the Osa Peninsula on the same day. So, we spent the night at the Adventure Inn. It looked to be a great alternative to the American hotel chains near the airport, and that was precisely the case. The hotel is a short 7 minute drive from SJO with a free shuttle service to the hotel. Our room was large and comfortable. Moreover, it wasn't the cookie-cutter room that the chain hotels would have provided (it actually felt like we were in Costa Rica as opposed to Akron!). There is a nice pool as well as several restaurants and a very nice grocery store within walking distance, and it is in a very safe area. That said, the restaurant in the hotel is really good, and both dinner and breakfast were terrific. In the morning we took a shuttle ($12) to the Sansa terminal to catch our flight to Puerto Jiminez. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing a place to stay before or after a flight for sure.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1,596 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The rooms here are very clean and comfortable. The staff is very nice and helpful. The restaurant was really good too (had the fajitas). The free shuttle service offered from the airport was a great perk! This is a great place to stay! I will be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport. We planned to stay here one night and then drive on to the Pacific Coast. The manager at the hotel arranged a free shuttle to pick us up at the airport, and we found the driver immediately as we exited the baggage claim. The next morning they arranged for a rental car to be delivered to the hotel. The agent stayed long enough to thoroughly explain the features of the car and to give us good directions for the beginning of our drive. Having the car delivered to the hotel saved us time, money and stress. I would highly recommend it.

The hotel was well-decorated, and the staff were very helpful. The room was large and had a coffee maker and a nice ceiling fan. In the morning we had a delicious free breakfast.

I am very glad we made this choice as our first stop in Costa Rica. We exchanged several emails with Eric beforehand, and he responded quickly and was very helpful. We will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Isidro, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have been dealing with Eric and Mike for many years now, and not only have they met my needs, they have many times gone beyond this.

I first learned about this hotel from some of my Tico friends and I have since stayed there many times and have referred my friends and others to the Adventure Inn. They are more than competitively priced and also offer other special services that the big hotels do not offer. After many years, some of my friends still stay here as well as their friends.

In our competitive world, we are always looking for something different and better and I am proud to say that this place is one of the best.

Yours truly,
Douglas Bougher

Room Tip: I never used the spa, so I can't comment on it
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

When we arrived at Adenture Inn, we stepped into the doors and had service right away. The front desk person told us everything we needed. He offered us breakfast to go for the next morning, since we had an early flight. They offered free taxi to the airport because we had an international. We had a doorman carry our bags, turn on our light and open the door. The room was big and clean. It had paintings on the wall that looked like pieces of artwork hanging from the wall. The resturarant had excellent service. The food was good and they gave us our food in a timely manner. I would suggest staying in this cute very decorated place.

• Stayed June 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you are looking for a decent price-worthy hotel in San Jose, you don't need to look any further. Conveniently located between the airport (10 min drive) and the San Jose downtown, walking distance from a big shopping mall, Adventure Inn will make you feel truly and genuinely welcomed and appreciated. It sounds like too good to be true, but it seems that there it is not all about money: Complementary transfers from and to the international airport, unlimited free international calls, four desktops free to use, all you can eat breakfast, swimming pool, even a modest fitness center, a quiet and quasi intimate environment and especially a very kind and helpful staff, make this hotel very cozy and welcoming. Even the exchange rate was better than in the banks and it was the same rate for , buying and selling. Evidently it was not meant to make money, but to assist and make people happy. I guess the flexibility, personalized communication and the sense of honesty is what makes you feel safe, appreciated and comfortable there.

I stayed in the Adventure Inn for 4 days. It was one of the short listed hotels I found more interesting in the area I was looking for (this was a challenge itself as you don't really have exact addresses in CR). The price I got from Expedia was very good and the reviews were excellent. While searching more information about the hotel, I found its website and contacted them directly. Despite the listed price was slightly higher than the one offered by Expedia, they matched the Expedia price and even offered an additional 10 % off for cash payment. When I say "they" I mean Mr. Eric Robinson, the owner and manager of the hotel who responded personally to my emails and fully honored all promises. Apparently he has found indeed the magic trick to make this place comfortable and make the visitors feel like they're visiting a friend or relative. The place was clean and the staff very friendly and responsive. The kind advice given was always honest, clear and helpful.

You can have the continental breakfast in the restaurant or, if you prefer, the staff can assist you to have it by the nearby pool, which was what I did and enjoyed every morning. I liked the omelets, the butter and the feta cheese.
I stayed to room 32,second floor, facing East and overlooking the pool area and part of the bar. My concerns about a possible noise remained just in theory as the place remained very quiet every night.
Pro-s : Price, hospitality, peace of mind;
Con-s: Hardly to find any; perhaps some things to be fixed in the fitness room.

Room Tip: Rooms were spacious and apparently quiet. Be aware to give some minutes for the warm water to come...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

As per my usual hotel reviews, I will give you pros, cons and my opinion and additional comments

Pros:
Very friendly staff
Clean and roomy space
Bathroom provides you with "extras" i.e. sewing kit
Free shuttle ride to the airport

Cons:
Food at lunchtime was not very good, could have been a one time incident

My Opinion:
We arrived there after driving for 3 hours with rental cars, we wanted to see the city so the front staff was more than happy to drop off the keys for us, which was nice. This hotel is very nice and most other reviewers cover why it's rated one of the best. One minor inconvenience, very minor, we stayed up late and once the bar closes (early) we sat in the courtyard but I guess since there are rooms all around you cannot be very loud, which means you can't really have late nights :) no big deal though... Special thanks to the concierge for arranging shuttles and providing us late night snacks... Great hotel overall, if you are going to see the town, the shuttle round trip will cost you no more than $20 to get downtown and it's about 30mins drive

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!