“Reviews were accurate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

Save Saved
You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Antonio De Belen, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“Reviews were accurate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We just returned from our Costa Rica trip. We chose Adventure Inn purely from all of the good reviews. What everyone had to stay was accurate. The staff was friendly,the free breakfast buffet was yummy (especially the pineapple), the room was clean,( but the pillows could be replaced), transportation to & from the airport was great, Fresh Market within 5-7 minute walk (they even had an ATM that dispensed US $.). Within this same area were several restaurants. If you wanted to walk 15-20 minutes there's also a mall. The bus stop to get into the downtown area is 1 block away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1,587 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was our second visit to the Adventure Inn and it was good to come back there. Mary was at the front desk when we got there and that fine lady has a real knack for making us feel welcome. Staff in the restaurant are very good and we had the yummiest supper. I was happy to see that the number of interesting-looking ducks has increased since our last visit. The bed was comfortable and so was the room generally. We'll definitely be back - it's a great place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed at Adventure Inn many times. The staff is always wonderful and friendly. They are helpful when you need transportation to the airport, even in the middle of the night, directions, or just general advice about San Jose. The breakfast buffet included with the price of the room offers many choices to suit any palette. There is also a free shuttle service to and from the airport. This is a great home away from home and I highly recommend this wonderful hotel. Manfred, at the front desk, is just a joyful person that makes you feel as if you are a long, lost relative when you meet him!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We did not stay in Adventure Inn but rented a car through them. There were some disputes on some of charges that appeared on my bill after the trip. Owner Eric was very responsive to our complaint and worked diligently with Rental Car company management in successfully resovling the issue to our satisfaction. I am very impressed by his sense of ownership and being a strong advocate for his customer. Eric rocks!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've stayed at the Adventure Inn many, many times, and always felt like "family" here. The staff is wonderful, rooms large and beds comfy, and now there is a new chef. And I don't mean just a regular cook - an absolutely fabulous chef! I just had the best restaurant meal that I have ever had in Costa Rica - and now I can't wait for lunch. Truly amazing, and the Chef Jorge came out to see if I was happy with my meal - I'll say. Now there's just one more reason to recommend the Adventure Inn! And I love the way it's decorated too - - art work everywhere -

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and carried our bags to our room. We got a free upgrade and our room was very spacious and comfortable. We had an early morning flight and they arranged transportation and a to go box for breakfast. The only recommendation I would give is to give a few options for the to go box. The fruit was excellent, but the banana bread I wasn't a big fan of. Just wish I had more time to enjoy in the hotel. Great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2013
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times so far over a period of 6 months. Always when I entered or left Costa Rica. Everytime I've been here I stayed just one night and I loved it everytime!! Located just 10 minutes from the airport so the perfect place to stay when you are entering or leaving the country!

The hotel has a big swimming pool and a jacuzzi. The area to sit outside around the pool is beautiful and next to the hotel's restaurant. The restaurant in the hotel serves really nice food, I especially loved the Costa Rican food here (gallo pinto etc). The thing I loved most about the restaurant was the staff!! The entire staff in the restaurant is really nice, especially this women who I think was the manager of the restaurant. I am a student who traveled solo mostly and then it's nice to meet such nice people!

To conclude my review, this is the perfect hotel to stay if you want to have a comfortable first and/or last night in CR. I lived in CR for half a year and was traveling with a lot of bags and had a long flight all the way from Holland. I just wanted my first and last nights in the country to be nice and relaxed and you will for sure have an amazing time at this hotel. They also offer trips at this hotel so there's good possibilities to see places. Loved the free shuttle service from and to the airport!

Room Tip: The rooms are really spacious with two big nice double beds! I would recommend the rooms on the side...