“Wonderful, friendly staff and good rooms.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

Save Saved
You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Antonio De Belen, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful, friendly staff and good rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed at Adventure Inn many times. The staff is always wonderful and friendly. They are helpful when you need transportation to the airport, even in the middle of the night, directions, or just general advice about San Jose. The breakfast buffet included with the price of the room offers many choices to suit any palette. There is also a free shuttle service to and from the airport. This is a great home away from home and I highly recommend this wonderful hotel. Manfred, at the front desk, is just a joyful person that makes you feel as if you are a long, lost relative when you meet him!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1,601 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We did not stay in Adventure Inn but rented a car through them. There were some disputes on some of charges that appeared on my bill after the trip. Owner Eric was very responsive to our complaint and worked diligently with Rental Car company management in successfully resovling the issue to our satisfaction. I am very impressed by his sense of ownership and being a strong advocate for his customer. Eric rocks!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've stayed at the Adventure Inn many, many times, and always felt like "family" here. The staff is wonderful, rooms large and beds comfy, and now there is a new chef. And I don't mean just a regular cook - an absolutely fabulous chef! I just had the best restaurant meal that I have ever had in Costa Rica - and now I can't wait for lunch. Truly amazing, and the Chef Jorge came out to see if I was happy with my meal - I'll say. Now there's just one more reason to recommend the Adventure Inn! And I love the way it's decorated too - - art work everywhere -

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and carried our bags to our room. We got a free upgrade and our room was very spacious and comfortable. We had an early morning flight and they arranged transportation and a to go box for breakfast. The only recommendation I would give is to give a few options for the to go box. The fruit was excellent, but the banana bread I wasn't a big fan of. Just wish I had more time to enjoy in the hotel. Great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2013
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times so far over a period of 6 months. Always when I entered or left Costa Rica. Everytime I've been here I stayed just one night and I loved it everytime!! Located just 10 minutes from the airport so the perfect place to stay when you are entering or leaving the country!

The hotel has a big swimming pool and a jacuzzi. The area to sit outside around the pool is beautiful and next to the hotel's restaurant. The restaurant in the hotel serves really nice food, I especially loved the Costa Rican food here (gallo pinto etc). The thing I loved most about the restaurant was the staff!! The entire staff in the restaurant is really nice, especially this women who I think was the manager of the restaurant. I am a student who traveled solo mostly and then it's nice to meet such nice people!

To conclude my review, this is the perfect hotel to stay if you want to have a comfortable first and/or last night in CR. I lived in CR for half a year and was traveling with a lot of bags and had a long flight all the way from Holland. I just wanted my first and last nights in the country to be nice and relaxed and you will for sure have an amazing time at this hotel. They also offer trips at this hotel so there's good possibilities to see places. Loved the free shuttle service from and to the airport!

Room Tip: The rooms are really spacious with two big nice double beds! I would recommend the rooms on the side...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Port Angeles, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just got back from San Jose and I spent three nights at the Adventure Inn. First the good stuff. Great staff and overall all a good hotel. I really liked that one of the owners, Eric, personally replied to my emails. I think it's great that an owner takes a personal interest in the running of his hotel.

The facility itself was very nice, the rooms were clean, and the bed was comfortable. The only major issue was NOISE. We are not talking minor noise...we are talking NOISE. I'm surprised that very few reviewers mentioned it. Ok granted, I am probably a little more noise sensitive than most. Where I live you are more likely to hear the coyotes singing than any major road noise. The hotel fronts on the one of the main highways into San Jose, and all day long, and most of the night the traffic was roaring. My room was one of four that face the road, and the noise was very impressive...especially with the windows open to catch the great afternoon breeze. I always travel with ear plugs and between them and the white noise from the air conditioning, it was tolerable at night. If you are noise sensitive, make sure you ask for a room away from the road way. The rest of the hotel was fairly quiet.

It was very nice to be picked up from the airport, and delivered back at the end of the stay. The daily breakfast was very good, and the two dinners I ate at the restaurant were excellent.

I had arranged two tours through the hotel, and when I got picked up for the first tour, the tour guide advised me that that since I was the only one on my particular tour, the company had changed me to another tour that went to basically the same place, but was a little different. They did not charge me for the $20 difference. The second tour was canceled the without telling me. After standing around waiting for 30 minutes, when the hotel called the tour company, they said that since I was the only one booked for that tour, they had canceled it.

I spent a couple of hours looking around San Jose with a tour guide arranged through the hotel. His English was not great, and my Spanish is worse, so communications were a little bit of a struggle, but I loved it. He would use his Iphone and I would use my tablet, to get the words we were trying to find. It made it my favorite part of the trip.

Overall the Adventure Inn was very nice and I will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: If you have noise issues, make sure you ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
AdventureInn, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thanks for the review. We are a block and a half from the highway, mostly blocked from sight and sound by trees and other buildings. Most people don't seem to be bothered at all by the highway as cars are moving along at a constant speed, but if you are hyper-sensitive to any sort of noise, like if you live with the sound of the odd coyote as this person does in absolute silence, then why not request a room towards the interior or back of Adventure Inn. We offer a large variety of tours, and generally there is no problems, but occasionally the odd tour operator does make a mistake in picking people up for which we apologize.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Had a wonderful week in CR and the last night was a perfect ending to a great trip. My wife and I were traveling with our great nephew for his first international trip. The room was spacious and clean, the staff went out of their way to make us welcomed and comfortable. After zip lines, rafting and horseback riding, the hot tub felt great! We checked in for our flight using the hotel computers and the complementary breakfast was delicious. The next time, we will start our trip here as well!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!