“really great accommodations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Antonio De Belen, Costa Rica   |
Salt Lake City, Utah
“really great accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Adventure Inn 1 night before and after an epic adventure in Costa Rica. From the complimentary shuttle waiting at the airport when I arrived to the quick check in, to feeling safe and taken care of during my stay, to free taxi back to airport, it was everything I could ask for. The breakfast was very good. I had a very early shuttle my first morning to my destination so they made me a to-go box but when the shuttle was running late, they offered me the full breakfast as well. The coffee with coconut milk is so yummy there. Very accommodating and the staff is so nice too. That really helps make a stress free travel. Very convenient. Internet very good also. The rooms were nice, clean, cute decor, and pretty cozy. The location of the hotel seemed to be in a safer area of town. I felt very safe there as a solo traveler. There is a shopping area just up the street with a grocery store, pilates studio, tourist shop, etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a great stopover in Costa Rica. Great price, value and convenience without the corporate vibe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
glebe sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at the Adventure Inn for 1 night before catching a flight the next day. It was comfortable, clean, well-appointed and supplied everything that it had promised and more - including quality coffee to brew, hot breakfast and free transport to the airport. Everyone was welcoming and helpful. It is located near shops and nearby is a large shopping centre for all things that you might need. Dinner at night was very tasty and reasonably priced. Internet worked and free phone calls were a bonus.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Whiting Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Adventure Inn. We arrived by public bus almost to the front door. The people were so nice they went out of their way to help us. The breakfast was great and we loved that we could make phone calls home for free as well as check our emails.
We had trouble printing our boarding passes so the front desk let us use their computers.
The room was big and clean. The pool and Jacuzzi were just right. The free taxi to the airport was the icing on the cake. We plan to stay there the next time we are in Costa Rica.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
AdventureInn, Manager at Adventure Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your great review. Please note that we were having problems with our printer. For some reason it took about 15 minutes to print boarding passes. Everything else would print fine except boarding passes. We now have a new printer, so that problem should be fixed.
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Easy access to San Jose airports but without the corporate chain hotel look and feel - or the prices! Clean, safe, convenient and friendly sum it up. Restaurant/bar/breakfast is good too. Arrived on a late flight and they organised a transfer. Although the kitchen closes at 9:30 pm, we were still able to order some appetisers.

• Stayed May 2013
Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night after arriving at the main airport (SJO). It was great - the free shuttle pick-up was so nice after a long flight, and the free breakfast was the best I've had - fresh made omelette or eggs and sides, and a delicious fruit and cereal buffet. The room was big and comfortable, and the staff were all very friendly. I really have no complaints about the place, it was great for my stop-over night and I am thinking of going back for a couple of days to explore the area before I leave the country.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel was excellent, however unless you are not interested in going into town you are fairly isolated. I must admit I didn't do my homework properly regarding the location, so only have myself to blame.

The rooms are large and very comfortable, the staff pleasant and very helpful. Eric booked my tours for me and was very helpful with his advice.

My only criticism is the restaurant. I had a burger and fries for dinner one night and unfortunately it was very forgettable. I will say though that the breakfasts were really good. Also there is a shopping centre (10 minute walk across the highway) with all sorts of fast food outlets and various restaurants around so there are plenty of options.

Overall I was very happy with the hotel and enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The ground floor is fairly noisy, especially by the pool.