“Comfortable & Convenient Hotel for San Jose Airport Commuters!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Antonio De Belen, Costa Rica   |
New York, New York, United States
“Comfortable & Convenient Hotel for San Jose Airport Commuters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived to Adventure Inn late night prior to our early morning flight and we were greeted with a warm welcome by the Adventure Inn Staff. Our room was very clean and generous in size - seems like the perfect place for a family (fun animal/jungle decor throughout the property). In the morning, we received a timely wake up call and a comped taxi to the airport. This made our last night in Costa Rica incredibly relaxing and stress-free. The location is very close to the airport - although it's a little difficult to find if you're driving on your own (a bunch of signs on Route 1 pointing to the side street to take to get to the hotel).

After making a reservation, I received a very thorough email from Eric, the hotel owner, with incredible travel advice and recommendations throughout Costa Rica. I used his email and recs for a ton of our travel plans. I would be semi-weary about booking through the recommended car rental recommendation (Mapache). While the car was perfect for the trip, we landed in San Jose at 7:30 pm and did not receive the car until 9 pm (and ~$100+ higher than the quote) later. We booked an automatic, and had to wait for the car rental company to "try to get us one" last-minute (9 pm) because they were attempting to give us a manual. Luckily I printed out an email from Eric @ Adventure Inn confirming our automatic AWD SUV and the car rental company was able to make it happen (although they charged us a mere $10 more per day for the same car we were promised a week before our trip).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AdventureInn, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for you review. I don't understand why we were so difficult to find if we had a 'bunch of signs' leading you to Adventure Inn from the airport, which we do, what was she expecting?

The price we quote for a car rental is the drive-away price guaranteed, all she needed to pay, if she got anything different, why didn't she bring it to my attention so I could rectify the discrepancy at no cost to her? I get the feeling there is more to this story. We have a great track record for car rentals because with spread sheets we constantly do our homework for you (our guests) to determine which Costa Rica car rental companies offer the lowest prices, and best cars and service. As an individual looking for a car, you can't do better than following our advice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night before leaving Costa Rica. The room was nice inside including all necessary amenities although it would be nice if they didn't charge for safe use. I found that my room was very noisy in the afternoon from people talking outside. The room was quieter at night time so it did not affect my sleep. I am attaching a picture of where my room was located. I went in the swimming pool but found it to be too cold to stay in for very long. I tried the hot tub and it was around the temperature that the swimming pool needed to be. The hotel cashed my travelers checks and does accept travelers checks for payment. The breakfast buffet was good with lots of fresh fruits and they have several menu choices for a hot breakfast included which was nice. I checked out the next morning and didn't have to wait at all for the shuttle to the airport which was great and included in the room rate. The value is excellent compared to American chain hotels although I tend to avoid these places in Costa Rica so for me, the value is more average compared to other places I have stayed. I would consider staying here again if coming from or going to the airport.

Room Tip: Avoid room 25.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Recently I had the absolute pleasure of staying at the Adventure Inn. I am a tour guide here in Costa Rica, and needless to say I have stayed at my fair share of hotels, motels, resorts, etc. The Adventure Inn exemplifies the true feeling of Costa Rica in both it's wonderful hotel, and a staff that can not be replaced. Everything, and I do mean everything was perfect. It is very evident that every person there takes great pride in their jobs, and truly enjoys meeting new people and showing them what the feeling of Costa Rica is. The Inn is Very close to the airport, and private. It is a great place to begin your stay in Costa Rica, or wind down before returning to you home. The rooms are spotless, and the restaurant is superb. Be sure to have at least one meal or drinks there. Honestly, I can't think of one thing that was not perfect! I plan on going back just to stay for a nite, and see all the new friends I made there. Here's the list of the great people that will make your stay a great experience. Loren, Karla, Rosie, Nancy, Mike, Janet, Katherine, Manfred, Mary, and Josheline. Pura Vida!

Room Tip: 2nd floor overlooking the courtyard and coy pond
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here for our first and last night of our 10 day honeymoon in Costa Rica. After a long day of traveling a shuttle was waiting for us at the airport to take us to Adventure Inn(included in the price of our stay). The first night there we stayed in a standard room with 2 beds. Room was spacious and comfortable. Our last night there I had called ahead to ask if an upgrade was available and was told they didn't have anything but when we checked in we were pleasantly surprised to find out we had been upgraded(and a sign and balloons in our room to congratulate us since it was our honeymoon). The food at the restaurant was great(especially the amazing banana pancakes I had for breakfast after our first night there). The staff there very friendly and helpful. We appreciated the free international phone calls in our room so that we could call our parents to let them know we arrived safely. Also the wifi worked fine throughout the property. Our last night here we had an early am flight so wasn't able to enjoy their breakfast, but we were given a boxed meal to take with us to the airport(again...they arranged for free transportation to the airport at 4:30 am). We even spoke with another couple there who arranged all their tours while in Costa Rica with Adventure Inn and they seemed very pleased with all the arrangements. If we need to stay in San Jose overnight next time we go to Costa Rica, we will def stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The building is cozy. The friendly staff is the friendliest that I ever encounter on my trips. Mike and the all crew at the restaurant deserve to be mention more, but no one, not one was rude nor unsympathetic with us. The cleaning staff, lovely. the hotel location a plus. rounding I can tell you there will not be another hotel for me in San Jose when I return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, because the ambience make everybody to lower their voice, painting on the wa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thompson Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is convenient to the airport, 10 minutes or so, so we stayed there from a late flight waiting for our friends the next day. We had time on our hands so they told us how to take the bus downtown San Jose and how to get back. The free breakfast was from a menu and was wonderful. The little restaurant was very good. The staff was very friendly and had good English. I enjoyed the murals and paintings on the wall. I probably wouldn't stay for a week but for an overnight it was wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hooksett, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My daughter & I spent 7 wonderful days @ the adventure inn, San Jose. When it was time to depart I felt sad to be leaving my new close friends & family. (staff) I can't say enough about the all staff & how helpful & welcome we/I felt. This includes the restaurant (which was excellent & accommodating) and the front desk staff. Although, I ate most of my dinners at the restaurant I left still wanting to try another selection or special. The menu is very diversified both dinner & breakfast ( includes breakfast) I would highly recommend the adventure inn. The tours recommended were amazing. We also enjoyed relaxing @ the pool. complementary airport pickup & international calls were added bonuses. This was my first trip to costa rica & I can't wait to return to adventure inn!

Room Tip: We had a nice room on the first floor which was quiet & comfortable for my college aged daughter...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!