“Great Hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

Save Saved
You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Antonio De Belen, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
San Diego, California
“Great Hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Adventure Inn was a very nice and convenient stop after arriving in San Jose. The hotel picked us up from the airport with no delays. The hotel is clean, comfy and has nice decor. We did not stay long and arrived later in the evening so we didn't spend too much time at the hotel. However, the breakfast was awesome. I was not expecting to have my free breakfast cooked to order. I especially appreciated all the helpful information the owner gave us about Costa Rica. Overall nice place and reasonably priced. We payed much more for a lot less elsewhere in Costa Rica.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were very impressed with our first night at Adventure Inn. We are going to several places but landed after 10pm, so we needed to stay one night near the airport. Our shuttle was waiting for us the minute we walked out of the airport. Driven directly to the hotel and check in was a breeze. Hotel is very nice and clean. Our room was perfect with a coffee maker to boot. We asked for a 8am shuttle to get our rental car and it was provided free of charge. In house breakfast was fantastic everything you need to start your day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Great value.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back of the hotel upstairs. Had an outside patio with chairs near two other ro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

free breakfast, library, interenet, voip phones, reasonable laundry services and service with smile. Very reasonable prices and cash discount on top of it. lot of adventure companies with pick you up. dont forget to visit coffee plantation, superman/tarzan trips and tabacon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Karla was amazing and the hotel felt very safe as it was outside of the city. Rooms had plenty of room and the food was quite good. The jacuzzi left a little to be desired as it wasn't really hot, but the free wii fi and access to computers, the great free breakfast, free international calls and free shuttle to airport made this hotel!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at Adventure Inn for only one night. We had a whole day planned in San Jose and the next day half of our group was flying out of Costa Rica. It was a perfect location to do both!
Our room was huge with 3 big comfortable beds. The room was clean and had everything we needed. It was chilly so we did not use the pretty pool but loved the jacuzzi! We had a child with us so we enjoyed the duck ponds just 1 minute walk away and the small mall just 3 minutes away had a children's play store. The staff were so nice and the free breakfast was excellent. This is not your continental type breakfast, we ordered right off the menu! My favorite was the coffee set up in the room. I dont like staying at hotels where I have to get up and leave my room to have my first morning coffee. Free wifi in the room plus an internet station with several computers if you dont bring your own. Big T.V. ,Secure parking. Did I leave anything out? Ahh yes an excellent bar and full service restaurant. Again the whole staff from front desk, security to the restaurant and bar were so sweet and helpful! Enjoy your stay! I know I will be back!

Room Tip: There were 3 adults and 1 child in our group. I figured we would get 2 queen beds but we got three...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Good rates, close to the airport, and comfortable room. The staff is nice and friendly. I'd stay here again. The complimentary breakfast is also pretty tasty.

A note on the wifi. The signal is pretty strong in some parts of the hotel but not in others. If you need a strong signal in your room, ask the front desk to put you in a room closest to their access point. I was in room #9 and had to stand near the door to get a good signal.

• Stayed November 2012
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here our first night in Costa Rica and then our last night as well and got two completely different experiences (which made the reviews of this place make way more sense since some of them are amazing and others really bad). The way in we were put in a room in the far back which was nice, quiet, and clean with a mini fridge and a porch type area with chairs. It was clean, quiet, nice AC, and a good bathroom. On our way out of the country we were put in a room that had the restaurant outside one window and the pool outside the other. It was an absolute nightmare. We couldn't open our windows the whole visit because people were constantly moving around outside. The sheets in this room seemed a size too small and kept coming off anytime my husband would roll over and you can hear the whole conversations of people at the restaurant/bar which prevented me from sleeping until after 11pm (I'm assuming it was the other guests because they were laughing REALLY loudly the whole time). Since the room is down three or so stairs, our bathroom vent window is also right in the walkway of the path outside, so people can hear you in the shower/bathroom. In the morning a group of people were eating at the table that is about 5 feet from our window, so that was a pretty awkward experience as well. The room was much smaller than the first and the bathroom has no lace to set any of your things. Pretty much the value was really good the first time we stayed there, and for the price we paid we could have stayed in a much nicer place the second time we stayed there. Since many of the rooms are in the walkway area toward the restaurant, I'm assuming this is a common problem. The first night I would have given a 4.5, and the last I would have given a 2.... so I rated it a 3. If you don't care about any privacy or peace a quiet, I'd take a shot on it. If not it's kinda like roulette and I wouldn't risk it. Oh, and it's a distance from the airport, but they pay for the shuttle or a taxi to take you... so that's a negative counteracted by a plus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AdventureInn, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments and I understand their sentiments. On their first night we upgraded them to a Jacuzzi suite, yes, it is nicer and usually a bit quieter being at the back of the hotel. On their second stay they had a pool view room, particularly popular with families and people who like to sunbathe. Our restaurant and bar open onto the pool area. Generally we are a quiet little hotel but once in a while we get a group of fun loving people having a good time, and maybe get a bit loud, and their voices carry to the pool and a couple of nearby rooms. I guess that was one of those nights, sorry folks. I suggest anyone who is really concerned about peace and quiet should not chance it and request a room far from the pool. Fortunately, as these guests pointed out, we close the bar around 11 pm, so it wouldn't normally ruin your night's sleep.

Been to Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!