“An affordable stay with character.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

Save Saved
You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Antonio De Belen, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Princeton, New Jersey
“An affordable stay with character.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Good rates, close to the airport, and comfortable room. The staff is nice and friendly. I'd stay here again. The complimentary breakfast is also pretty tasty.

A note on the wifi. The signal is pretty strong in some parts of the hotel but not in others. If you need a strong signal in your room, ask the front desk to put you in a room closest to their access point. I was in room #9 and had to stand near the door to get a good signal.

• Stayed November 2012

1,601 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here our first night in Costa Rica and then our last night as well and got two completely different experiences (which made the reviews of this place make way more sense since some of them are amazing and others really bad). The way in we were put in a room in the far back which was nice, quiet, and clean with a mini fridge and a porch type area with chairs. It was clean, quiet, nice AC, and a good bathroom. On our way out of the country we were put in a room that had the restaurant outside one window and the pool outside the other. It was an absolute nightmare. We couldn't open our windows the whole visit because people were constantly moving around outside. The sheets in this room seemed a size too small and kept coming off anytime my husband would roll over and you can hear the whole conversations of people at the restaurant/bar which prevented me from sleeping until after 11pm (I'm assuming it was the other guests because they were laughing REALLY loudly the whole time). Since the room is down three or so stairs, our bathroom vent window is also right in the walkway of the path outside, so people can hear you in the shower/bathroom. In the morning a group of people were eating at the table that is about 5 feet from our window, so that was a pretty awkward experience as well. The room was much smaller than the first and the bathroom has no lace to set any of your things. Pretty much the value was really good the first time we stayed there, and for the price we paid we could have stayed in a much nicer place the second time we stayed there. Since many of the rooms are in the walkway area toward the restaurant, I'm assuming this is a common problem. The first night I would have given a 4.5, and the last I would have given a 2.... so I rated it a 3. If you don't care about any privacy or peace a quiet, I'd take a shot on it. If not it's kinda like roulette and I wouldn't risk it. Oh, and it's a distance from the airport, but they pay for the shuttle or a taxi to take you... so that's a negative counteracted by a plus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AdventureInn, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments and I understand their sentiments. On their first night we upgraded them to a Jacuzzi suite, yes, it is nicer and usually a bit quieter being at the back of the hotel. On their second stay they had a pool view room, particularly popular with families and people who like to sunbathe. Our restaurant and bar open onto the pool area. Generally we are a quiet little hotel but once in a while we get a group of fun loving people having a good time, and maybe get a bit loud, and their voices carry to the pool and a couple of nearby rooms. I guess that was one of those nights, sorry folks. I suggest anyone who is really concerned about peace and quiet should not chance it and request a room far from the pool. Fortunately, as these guests pointed out, we close the bar around 11 pm, so it wouldn't normally ruin your night's sleep.
Melbourne,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had booked a 1 night layover for end of October before I was to fly to New York for a few days!
However due to Hurricane Sandy i had to change plans and I arranged an extra night here before i flew to Miami Beach instead!
The Adventure Inn could not have been more perfect! Firstly excellent helpful staff, particularly Mary who greeted me when I arrived frazzled and worried about reorganizing my change of plans
with that big smile of hers and great personality!
Adventure Inn is a gorgeous hotel in design! My room was really spacious with a big comfortable bed and a wonderful hot shower... a most attractive room!
The internet was free and a plus free local phone calls or to USA. The restaurant food was top class and the cost of everything was a really good deal plus there is a gym and lovely pool area! The hotel is also located in a good safe district $10 U.S by cab from the airport!
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to friends, family and in fact everyone .

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs at back overlooking small park are perfect!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We (family of 4 with 2 teenage boys) visited Costa Rica from the UK in July 2012 and after a long flight, transiting through Houston, the services offered by Adventure Inn were just what we needed. Our pre-arranged transfer from San Jose airport to the hotel was straightforward and efficient. Check-in was friendly and speedy and our room was large and comfortable. After a quick shower we all had a great nights sleep. Breakfast the following morning was very welcome and a nice introduction to Costa Rica. We were then transferred to Poas airport for our flight to Osa.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent economical hotel close to the airport and on the bus route into San Jose. Shuttle bus was waiting and took me directly to the hotel. Desk staff were very helpful. The room was well decorated, clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The restaurant staff were friendly and the breakfast in the morning was first rate. Lots of cereal fruit bacon and eggs etc. I can recommend this hotel unreservedly!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rooms were clean, people were nice, we felt very safe there. Breakfast was awesome. It was a great place to start and end our trip. Free internet access was great. They also had books that we could borrow which was nice. Rooms on the second floor are bigger and nicer.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms and the first one on the second floor overlooking the pool was bigg...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was in Costa Rica on a business trip and stood in this hotel. It was my first time in this country and my sister book this hotel for me. I wasnt sure about it. But I'm glad she picked this hotel. The staff is wonderful, helpful, friendly, and most important very informative. They made me feel like I was at home. The food is wonderful the services are great and most important the international calls are free. I was able to speak to my boss, friends and family. The hotel is very clean and in my opinion good safe location. Its a simple hotel but the staff is what makes this hotel the best.I just want to thank everyone at Adventure Inn you guys are the best.
David

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!