“Friendly, great attention to detail, economical, clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Antonio De Belen, Costa Rica   |
Panama City, Florida
“Friendly, great attention to detail, economical, clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent economical hotel close to the airport and on the bus route into San Jose. Shuttle bus was waiting and took me directly to the hotel. Desk staff were very helpful. The room was well decorated, clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The restaurant staff were friendly and the breakfast in the morning was first rate. Lots of cereal fruit bacon and eggs etc. I can recommend this hotel unreservedly!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rooms were clean, people were nice, we felt very safe there. Breakfast was awesome. It was a great place to start and end our trip. Free internet access was great. They also had books that we could borrow which was nice. Rooms on the second floor are bigger and nicer.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms and the first one on the second floor overlooking the pool was bigg...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was in Costa Rica on a business trip and stood in this hotel. It was my first time in this country and my sister book this hotel for me. I wasnt sure about it. But I'm glad she picked this hotel. The staff is wonderful, helpful, friendly, and most important very informative. They made me feel like I was at home. The food is wonderful the services are great and most important the international calls are free. I was able to speak to my boss, friends and family. The hotel is very clean and in my opinion good safe location. Its a simple hotel but the staff is what makes this hotel the best.I just want to thank everyone at Adventure Inn you guys are the best.
David

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mal Pais, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was highly impressed by Adventure Inn and would recommend it to anyone! I was promptly picked up when my international flight arrived at the San Jose Airport by the Shuttle Bus and didn't have to wait a moment. I was taken straight to the hotel and greeted warmly by the staff even though it was past 9pm. I was then walked through everything from the restaurant hours to setting up a taxi to take me to the airport to catch my next flight. Breakfast was complimentary as was International/local calls and WiFi, which was a pleasant surprise. The staff were courteous and very friendly and the rooms were quite large and very clean. I didn't have time to enjoy the pool but it looked lovely as well. Rates were great and I won't hesitate to book there again when I return through San Jose!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Buena Vista, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Another fantastic two nights coming and going to Cocles'. The Adventure Inn Staff is fantastic and the best news is JEANNETH is back managing the Moon Glow Restuarant and Lounge. We enjoyed the most pleasurable meals to go along with our stay. Great presentation, service and flavors. It is hard to consider going else where. These people are like family and are as much a part of our trips to Costa Rica as going to our Casa. Pura Vida!

Room Tip: The back rooms are quiter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This place is so kitchy (sic) and unusual, I just loved it. Maybe its the cement frogs on the stairs and the old jacuzzi turned-into a koi pond... its just neat and fun. The food at the restaurant is good, service is quite good, its quite convenient to/from San Jose Int'l, rooms are spacious, etc. etc. Rates are pretty reasonable too. It can get a bit noisy early and late due to the typical loud kids, but mostly in the courtyard/atrium adjacent rooms

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that does not have a door/window abutting the atrium o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This was actually a great place to stay the night before our flight home because it shocked us out of our romantic honeymoon experience and made us look forward to leaving. The hotel is small and seems geared towards students/backpackers. The room we got had three beds in it like a dorm or hostel. The vibe was utilitarian. There was a list of rules in the room (including the gem "no one cares that you are rich" in regards to not drawing attention your yourself, and that men wear pants or shorts past the knee) that made us feel like we were back in college. The experience was just...weird.

Restaurant onsite had great drinks and friendly/accomodating staff. Food was not good- onions were so smelly and on everything. Onions that smell very strong are offensive as fish with a "fishy" smell- its a bad sign and quite off putting.

Hotel has free WIFI, like most places, and supposedly free long distance calls- although our phone didn't work at all- not even to connect to from desk. The clock wasn't plugged in and some of the lights didn't work.

Good thing is free transfer to airport. However, for $95 for one night, the value here is sorely lacking. It felt like a hostel with hotel prices. We called it our "vacation halfway house" because it provided us a way to want to get back to real life.

• Stayed October 2012
AdventureInn, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Adventure Inn does not come close to resembling a hostel though many comment about our youthful and exciting Mayan theme, I guess it's not for everyone. These people got one of our last available rooms with three queen beds which we generally use for families, sorry, it was a judgement call because it is a nice quiet room with a view. The line he quoted about being rich was copied from Ecotourism's Code of Ethics, and was pulled out of context. Many people who have read the whole thing, have requested copies. For example, many travelers to Costa Rica do not realize that in the cooler Central Valley, men always wear long pants or shorts below the knees, and we were only advising guests before they dress like Richard Simmons, that it is out of the cultural norm. Generally our in-room phones work quite well for free international and local calls. Too bad theese guests didn't bring it to our attention at the time so we could have fixed it. Actually it seems to have fixed itself! With a great location, a huge breakfast, free WiFi, four free guest computers and free transfers before and after your international flights, when you add it all up, we are hard to beat.

Been to Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!