“Great place to stay, perfect in every way.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

Save Saved
You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Antonio De Belen, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Phoenix, AZ
“Great place to stay, perfect in every way.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I travel to Costa Rica quite often. I have stayed at many hotels over the years. I am always looking for a regular place to lay my head. I believe I have found it. This stay was my second, and on this trip had dinner in the restaurant and hung out a bit more. It was great. I could not ask for anything more. A fantastic staff, each and every one, great grounds, very clean, a super nice complementary breakfast, free airport shuttle each way, clean rooms, spacious with some nice touches. I would recommend this place to anyone, even my Mom, whom is super picky. I spent a lot of time talking with the front desk staff, the dining staff, and Jose (Manager?). They were all fantastic, and made me feel like a VIP guest. I will be back and without hesitation would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

1,587 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
La Fortuna, Alajuela, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel for the start and finish of my journey. Food is good, staff is nice and they will help organize your tours. The shuttle to the airport is also very helpful. I would recommend this hotel highly for the beginning and end of your stay if you want to have a great experience in Costa Rica. They make it easy to get started.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great jump start or ending for your costa rica adventure ! Just minutes east of airport . Now rooms have always been clean both times I have been there . The staff has always been very friendly . Clean beds , linen , and bathrooms ! Has a little bar and eatery there . Small continental breakfast . Olga the bartender is awsome ! Got much advice and directions from various staff , helps that I speak spanish . I love the fact you can drink the tap water ! It is a small hotel with limited parking . Has a little courtyard with a jacuzzi . Can walk across the highway to the Carriari Mall . A small convenience store up the road . If you want huge , but-kissing service , a club and putting green , stay away ! Never had any problems here . San Jose is a traffic jam , glad I chose this hotel so close to airport . I without a doubt return !

Room Tip: Value is so good , book a room with a jacuzzi .
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
AdventureInn, Manager at Adventure Inn, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
It is odd and a bit disappointing that our landmark thousandth review was written several years ago. Our Mayan waterfall Jacuzzi in the courtyard was turned into a beautiful aquarium because we acquired an adjacent property and added a large outdoor solar-heated pool and Jacuzzi, completed in April 2010. Two upscale malls have been added to our immediate area with great restaurants, stores, a couple of pharmacies and a Fresh Market, and our breakfasts are no longer continental but full buffet and hot served all-you-care-to-eat, both Costa Rican and American-style.
west palm beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the Adventure Hotel with our two dogs for a one night stay before flying back home. The staff are very nice and professional. We were there several hours before check-in and our room was ready and we were so ready to relax. I went for a swim in their clean pool and had a drink at the bar. We had a good meal for dinner that was priced right at their restaurant. Got a good night sleep a swim in the morning and a great free breakfast. A free shuttle ride in a real nice bus to the airport Yes we will go back

Room Tip: If you are traveling with pets they have 7 rooms try to get one towards the end
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Everything at this hotel was above and beyond. A jacuzzi in the room without even requesting, clean room, awesome pool, AC, free breakfast (awesome food in the restaurant)...i can't say enough good things about this place. At first I thought it was an expensive cab ride from the bus station but, if you get a receipt from the cab driver the hotel will remberrse you the fee. Again great place for the price and all around.

• Stayed September 2012
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a wonderful 2 day stay at the Inn with no issues at all. We came from Jaco which is on the coast on a wonderful bus ride which took us thru the rolling countryside and small towns(which took 2 hrs and only cost us 8 dollars).The staff were more than accommodating with crossing the language barrier, information of surrounding shops and tours. At the Moon Glow Restaurant we were served up a delicious variety of meals to suit our taste. The room was a spacious, very clean upper corner suite included with a small fridge which we stocked with some food from the market just 2 blocks away. We also went to a shopping mall 2 blocks past the market. It was just minutes to and from the airport and a to go bag with fruit, juice and a sandwich for early departures. This would be a great central hub for exploring Cost Rica and any of the tours available thru the Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

In my Short stay in Costa Rica, i spend 2 days in this hotel and it was wonderful, the staff was very helpful by telling me bus stops and guide me to see the city, another good thing to this hotel, and i think NONE those 5 stars hotel in the city, adventure inn offer FREE international call to anywhere in the world, and the WIFI was good in my roon. for breakfast i had the TICO choice and was very delicious, small dish but very good, i had to leave very early in the morning and they even prepare for me a TO GO breakfast.

those little things that they do for US, the guest are what make people come back and again.

only one concern more like recommendation is a bigger proportions of breakfast, it was delicious but more but be nice

one more thing, my arrival to the hotel was very early 9 30 am and they arrange to clean my room in 30 minutes, very fast.

my recommendation to all the people who is seeking for a good hotel nothing expensive but with quality go to this hotel.

Room Tip: my room was in the first floor, just a little noise nothing to worry about
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
AdventureInn, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks for the kind review. Our breakfasts are all you care to eat. First you visit our buffet with several varieties of regular as well as exotic fruits, Costa Rica white cheese, home-made banana bread, two fresh made juices, cereals and porridge, toast and jam, and piping hot Costa Rican coffee. Then order from our hot menu what you want; three eggs, four pancakes, five slices of bacon, gallo pinto, French toast, fried potatoes, order an omelette, whatever you want, and if you still didn't get enough, order seconds, don't be shy! Even though we give all the table scraps to a pig farmer, if we overfill every plate, and you don't eat it all, it is a real waste in a country like Costa Rica where many people, especially children, don't have enough to eat.

Been to Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!