“Excellent StayOver Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose

You added Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose to your Saves list
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 mts West from Bridgestone/Firestone, San Antonio De Belen 502-4005, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Omaha, Nebraska
“Excellent StayOver Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you fly into San Jose, CR. I recommend the Marriot. Beautiful gardens, Private Pool and several resuraunts. The Rooms are clean and friendlt staff. A bit on the pricey side but high quality. Excellent food and relaxation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bert B, Hotel Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments , we are very happy that you did enjoy our pool and restaurants in our hotel . We are looking forward to host you soon again in the near future . Bert Bloem Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This was our first day in Costa Rica. The airport pickup arranged by the hotel and check-in was flawless. Staff is very professional and helpful. Excellent location if flying in or out of Juan Santamaria (SJO). Landscaping is beautiful, especially for a "city" hotel. Good choice if you want to be near airport and/or city. The one and only complaint is the excessive noice in the courtyard at night. I would recommend a room not facing the courtyard.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bert B, Hotel Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments , we are happy that you did enjoy our staff service . I do appologize regarding the noice in the courtyard as you descibed , we will follow up on this in order to continue to provide you with excellent hotel experience .
If I may be of assistance , please do not hestitate to contact me . Bert Bloem Hotel Manager , bert.bloem@marriotthotels.com
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was my eighth stay, over several years, and one of longest at six nights. Although a "trainee" (Caroline) checked me in, the service was flawless. As a Gold Marriott, I was upgraded to mountain view (which I would recommend) and had Club Lounge access (as well as the wonderful restaurant breakfast buffet). There were three weddings, one of them outside, while I was there and I did not notice any impact to the service. The large outside wedding and reception was just beyond my window and included fireworks near the end which was about 10:30 (and did not disturb me). The Club Lounge had a very good breakfast presentation (including cooked to order omelets on one day) and in the evening, there were what I would call "heavy appetizers" but generous enough to make a light meal. There is an excellent self-serve (although, I believe they will also make it for you) espresso/coffee machine, and soft drinks throughout the day. One improvement I would suggest is extending wifi to the porch area outside the bar on the main level (unless I just missed it?) which is a nice reading area when no events (bridal and baby showers are popular there). No less than five of the staff acknowledged my Marriot elite status, and Audrey (lounge) and Gerald (restaurant) were especially attentive. I noticed in the newer "wings", the tile hallways which can be noisy with wheeled luggage, had solid marble in the middle which softened the noise level. The gym is excellent, and for those that care, the treadmill farthest from the entrance is the only one in mph (the others being "European" mode).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Bert B, Hotel Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments .
We are very happy that you did enjoy our executive lounge , our staff service and our gym .
We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction and providing excellent hotel experience.
We would like to thank you for your business and for been a member of our Marriott Rewards Elite program . Bert Bloem Hotel Manager
rutherford new jerser
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

this is one of marriott's finer places in costa rica. If staying in san jose this is a true luxury. Excellent staff beautiful architecture, food amazing and the grounds heavenly. Also if you want great Italian head over to l olive he moved here from rome 7 years ago this place is excellent and is located in cristina apartotel complex close to ice.

Room Tip: pool side patio roms are excellent 200 rooms lower numbers the better
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your nice comments and sharing your experience . We are glad you did enjoy our hotel , the food and our service staff . We are looking forward to host you soon again in the near future. Bert Bloem Hotel Manager
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Though it is a Marriott, the property had wonderful Costa Rican charm.

It's a lovely resort, very colonial and a perfect hotel for your first night in the country.

The rooms are nice, the food wonderful, especially the breakfast - highly recommend!

It's located about 5 minutes from the airport in an industrial area, but do not let that fool you, the resort is situated in a beautifully landscape environment. I would not stay here for more than one night as it is out from the main city and not in an area where you can venture off the property, but it is excellent for a first or last night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bert B, Hotel Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments and sharings.
We are very happy that you did enjoy our hotel and that you had a great breakfast experience .
We are looking forward to host you again in the near future when your travels bring you back to this area. Bert Bloem Hotel Manager
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

A business meeting was associated with our week long stay in this hotel. It was an excellent experience. The grounds are not the largest (e.g., think Hawaii, etc.) but beautiful and well maintained. The hotel staff could not have been nicere....uniformly friendly and helpful. On one particular day after an afternoon group excursion that wound up leaving me totally drenched, my wife and I tried to figure out a way to dry out my clothes. Of particular concern were my shoes which were totally waterlogged as well as the liners. My wife was sure they would mildew and be worthless. I set the shoes out for the next day on the small balcony outside the room and placed the shoe liners where the air conditioning would at least circulate over them. Later that day we returned to the room to discover that the maid had creatively clipped the shoe liners to a "pants" hanger and placed it outside on the balcony rail. My slacks were on another hanger hung on the curtain rod over the window with the shades open. Bottom line.....both were dry in a matter of hours. This attention to detail was wonderful. As noted by others food prices in the restaurants were on the high side but we found the food quality to be very good. A final note regarding hotel management. Upon checkout (extremely early in the morning to catch a 7:30 am flight) I paid the bill and received an itemized copy but was told it would take a day for the system to produce a second copy (which would be emailed to me) indicating a zero balance with the amount charged to my credit card. This was important for business reimbursement purposes. We arrived home on Sunday and Monday I looked but not emailed second receipt. I sent a quick email to the hotel and literally within 2 minutes received a response. This was immediately followed by a second email with exactly what I needed attached. Many thanks Karen Orozco (Credit Assistant) for this amazingly fast response. All in all, we would stay here again without question upon return to Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bert B, Hotel Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments , we appreciate very much your feedback , we are very happy that you did enjoy the hotel and that you had a great staff service experience .We are looking forward to provide you an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to our hotel . Bert Bloem Hotel Manager
santa barbara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Although we stayed here for about 7 hours, I was impressed with this hotel. We normally do not stay at Marriott properties but picked this one due to its proximity to the airport. We had arrived at 6am after an extremely uncomfortable red eye flight from LAX. The front desk was friendly and expedient. I had asked for a quiet room as our plan was to get some rest before our next flight. My husband opted for a massage. Our room was quiet and I slept wonderfully and my husband had a fantastic massage. We had lunch in the restaurant that overlooked the gardens. This hotel has the feel of a large hacienda and although it is really close to the airport it does not have the feel of an airport hotel in any way. This is a great place for anyone looking to stay close to the airport.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bert B, Hotel Manager at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments , we are glad to hear that you did enjoy our hotel , our spa and that you had a comfortable stay with us . We are looking forward to serve you soon again in the near future . Bert Bloem Hotel Manager

Been to Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose? Share your experiences!