“Great Marriott experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose

You added Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose to your Saves list
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 mts West from Bridgestone/Firestone, San Antonio De Belen 502-4005, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Buy 2, get 3rd free
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mequon, WI
“Great Marriott experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is one of the nicest Marriotts I have stayed in. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, quick checkin, easy upgrade at a modest charge to large suite with connecting room that was worth it. Really enjoyed the tapas restaurant. We had a larger group (16) and they did a great job bring out a sampling of everything in a seamless way. We had dinner in the main restaurant as well. Food was simple but good. Very competent wine selection. Everything is very clean and organized. pictures on the website are a good representation of the property. I had a massage which was very good.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side were a bit noisy on a Saturday night. Presidential suite is nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We chose the location for its proximity to the airport. It's far enough away to not hear any planes go overhead. It's close enough where taxis can get there for $10 with tip.

The moment you enter the compound, you are checked in by a guard, then a bell men brings in your luggage. You go to the back and check in (was done with ease) and led to room (632) great views.

We went to explore the hotel grounds and were surprised by the nice lit paths, pool areas, hot tub, coffee house, work out gym, gift shop, coffee house and dining hall.

We had the buffet. 28 dollars a person. Very enjoyable. Good service there as well.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is on beautiful and spacious grounds that make it a nice oasis within 15 minutes of the airport. The rooms were very nice and the pool area in particular was extremely welcoming for our family of five. We had a delicious pizza at the restaurant and enjoyed a great breakfast buffet the next morning.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Costa Ricas most super service-nice hotel located in pura vida beauty hills. Love this place, I could write a commercial about it with no worries. Been here a dozen times of the past seven years. Some of the same staff still work here.
The soft, humble and service minded staff welcome you and will serve you like any Asian top hotel. The breakfast buffet and the gorgeous view on the hills across will make any fast talking city girl - tranquilo.
On top of this, the KUÖ spa and tennis courts put a royal feel to the place. Thank lord its not crowded (yet) and fair room prices.
Love love love to this Costa Rican pearl!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here my last night in Costa Rica as it is close to the San Jose airport. Check in was seamless, staff is very welcoming , and the food is quite good ! I had the guacamole and the seafood platter-tasty! The grounds are quite picturesque-the rooms reminded me of a Medieval Spanish castle-dark wood , heavy furniture, wrought iron in the hallways. The bathroom was ok-nothing special. As a Marriott rewards member I was given free wi fi which was a plus. I had a standard room on the third floor-my only complaint was lots of overhead noise-maybe it was my location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is so beautiful and the staff so helpful. After checking in and getting settled into our room, it occurred to me that I had left my cell phone in the shuttle that brought us in from Manuel Antonio. Needless to say, the staff at the concierge assisted me in calling the tour company and even called my cell phone to assist the driver in locating the phone. I was told that the driver had another transfer but would drop off my phone later that day. My husband and I went to have lunch and a member of the staff found me to give me my phone. The entire staff went above and beyond to help me and I am very grateful for their service.

In addition to the amazing service, the spa was wonderful. The facility was very nice and clean and the staff very professional. Next to the spa was a coffee shop with fantastic coffees and snacks (resembles a starbucks, which I love).

Finally, we had a free breakfast with our room and we were sure we would forfeit It since we were being taken to the airport at 4:50am. To our surprise, our free breakfast was available via room service at 4am (and it was delicious!).

Our stay was truly amazing and I only wish we had a longer stay. We will certainly be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Very impressed with this hotel. The facility is top notch and the service was impeccable. Enjoyed food and refreshments in a number of restaurants and lounges. Huge facility for US tourism and conferences. Ideally located near the San Jose International Airport.

Room Tip: Suggest rooms facing east toward City of San Jose. Great views at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose? Share your experiences!