I was recently at the Ramada and nearly ended up staying at all the different types of rooms they have - well felt like that anyway!
Their standard rooms are really nice (particularly the ones above ground-floor) - pretty big with Jacuzzis and really cheap. Their deluxe-rooms are way more expensive but are virtually the same size. They have baths instead of Jacuzzi’s and much better decor. Sadly half of the deluxe rooms overlook some kind of factory that hums all night tho. If I got one of those - I would be less happy.
I also managed to stay at a couple of suites. One of them was quite nice with a balcony overlooking the pool. Sadly - the bedroom part was overlooking the same factory as the deluxe-rooms tho. The other suite (which the hotel seems to have quite a few of) wasn't so nice. Let’s say it had a nice dungeon feel to it. The reception/living room had no windows at all and the bedroom had a nice view of a huge wall right outside. Might be okay if you're into this kind of thing - but probably not happy if you're paying suite prices!
The hotel really seems much more for the airport/conventions than it is for holidays. It does have a pool (which was dirty when I was there) and a pokey casino - but that's it. It's too far from anything else - but then that might be okay depending on what you want.
I did try a few excursions there. I wanted to book a trip to La Paz 3 days in advance - but they wouldn't do it for less than 2 people which was a little annoying. Also - all of the trips I went on picked-up/dropped-off from the Ramada as one of the first hotels they do. This can easily add an hour (both ways) to the trips – which really does get annoying.
Most of the staff I met there were really friendly tho and the food at the pool-side restaurant was very good. I didn’t try their other two restaurants.
Sadly my impressions of the hotel was let down by them destroying one of my shirts. They refused to accept that they even cleaned it (despite them charging me for it) and never paid me for it. Let’s say that you should always check your laundry before you take it out of the wrapping - just in case!
A little worryingly the night after I complained about my shirt I started to get nuisance calls at 2am. A bit strange since no-one knew I was staying there and I had no problems the nights before. It wasn't a big deal since I just unplugged the phone and was leaving the next day. Maybe just a coincidence but if who-ever I annoyed knew my room number - what else might they do? If I had kids there I might be more concerned!
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Herradura Hotel
- Ramada Plaza Herradura Hotel San Jose Metro
- Ramada San Antonio De Belen
- Ramada San Jose
- San Jose Ramada
- Plaza Herradura San Jose Ramada
- Wyndham San Jose Herradura Costa Rica/San Antonio De Belen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering refined casual luxury in a relaxing setting, The Wyndham San José – Herradura is a full-service 4 star resort, standing apart from the rest of San Jose Costa Rica hotels. Just 5 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), and 15 minutes away from San Jose downtown, the Wyndham San José – Herradura’s location is idyllic for both business and leisure travelers.A true tropical experience coupled with Costa Rican charm, our hotel features 229 guestrooms and suites, with private terraces overlooking exotic floral gardens. As a guest, take pleasure in the hotel’s free airport shuttle service and access to Cariari Country Club’s Golf Course and Tennis Courts—just a few of the many guest perks distinguishing Wyndham San José – Herradura from the rest of San Jose airport hotels.Our open corridor hotel has 3 sparkling outdoor pools and Jacuzzis, 3 restaurants, one fashionable bar and onsite Casino. Hosting the largest convention center in the country, we enhance various occasions ranging from business seminars to spectacular weddings.With an ambiance of tranquility, the Wyndham San José – Herradura is nestled in the heart of Central Valley, overlooking a breathtaking backdrop of beautiful mountains and lush tropical gardens. With a staff committed to daily incomparable service, we encourage you to kickback and relax. Stay at the Wyndham San José – Herradura and let your worldly worries slip away, all while sitting in the breeze under a palm tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Wyndham San Jose Herradura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.