Stayed here for a business trip in April 2013.
A word of warning.....There are NO early check-in's here.
The first room I received had a filthy comforter, the shower didn't work, and the bathroom was dirty. I travel to countries much worse than Costa Rica and this was one of the most shameful rooms I'd ever seen. I can't believe Wyndham would put their name on such a place. I complained and got upgraded to a more acceptable room, but still the whole place looks worn and tired. There is no a/c in the common areas. The bars are pretty pricey, but both the ushi and Italian restaurants are very good. Good breakfast at Tropicali's as well. This is only 10 minutes from the airport, but I'd travel further next time to stay at a better hotel. San Jose has better options. Skip this one.
They're building a Hard Rock in front of this hotel. They'll likely either make the necessary changes, or become a parking lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering refined casual luxury in a relaxing setting, The Wyndham San José – Herradura is a full-service 4 star resort, standing apart from the rest of San Jose Costa Rica hotels. Just 5 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), and 15 minutes away from San Jose downtown, the Wyndham San José – Herradura’s location is idyllic for both business and leisure travelers.A true tropical experience coupled with Costa Rican charm, our hotel features 229 guestrooms and suites, with private terraces overlooking exotic floral gardens. As a guest, take pleasure in the hotel’s free airport shuttle service and access to Cariari Country Club’s Golf Course and Tennis Courts—just a few of the many guest perks distinguishing Wyndham San José – Herradura from the rest of San Jose airport hotels.Our open corridor hotel has 3 sparkling outdoor pools and Jacuzzis, 3 restaurants, one fashionable bar and onsite Casino. Hosting the largest convention center in the country, we enhance various occasions ranging from business seminars to spectacular weddings.With an ambiance of tranquility, the Wyndham San José – Herradura is nestled in the heart of Central Valley, overlooking a breathtaking backdrop of beautiful mountains and lush tropical gardens. With a staff committed to daily incomparable service, we encourage you to kickback and relax. Stay at the Wyndham San José – Herradura and let your worldly worries slip away, all while sitting in the breeze under a palm tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Wyndham San Jose Herradura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Herradura Hotel San Jose Metro
- Ramada San Antonio De Belen
- Ramada San Jose
- San Jose Ramada
- Plaza Herradura San Jose Ramada
- Wyndham San Jose Herradura Costa Rica/San Antonio De Belen