We were at the end of our 8 days in Costa Rica and hadn't made any plans for a hotel to stay at the night before we left from San Jose. After quite a bit of searching online I decided upon Wyndham. We were very pleasantly surprised and very glad we had chosen to stay there on our last night. My teenage sons were totally impressed and the staff was very accomodating.
We asked for a late check-out and were given one, without any problem. It was dependent upon availability and it really made our last day waiting for our flight very pleasant.
The shuttle is prompt and the driver was very friendly and interested in telling us some about Costa RIca. We ate lunch at the Japanese restaurant before leaving and wished that we had eaten dinner there the night before, rather than driving off-site to eat. It was really quite nice which we didn't expect but really appreciated.
The price was totally reasonable and the location is excellent if you're coming in or heading out and don't want the hassle of being deep in the heart of downtown SJ which is really busy during high-traffic hours. Really glad we stayed!
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Herradura Hotel
- Ramada Plaza Herradura Hotel San Jose Metro
- Ramada San Antonio De Belen
- Ramada San Jose
- San Jose Ramada
- Plaza Herradura San Jose Ramada
- Wyndham San Jose Herradura Costa Rica/San Antonio De Belen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering refined casual luxury in a relaxing setting, The Wyndham San José – Herradura is a full-service 4 star resort, standing apart from the rest of San Jose Costa Rica hotels. Just 5 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), and 15 minutes away from San Jose downtown, the Wyndham San José – Herradura’s location is idyllic for both business and leisure travelers.A true tropical experience coupled with Costa Rican charm, our hotel features 229 guestrooms and suites, with private terraces overlooking exotic floral gardens. As a guest, take pleasure in the hotel’s free airport shuttle service and access to Cariari Country Club’s Golf Course and Tennis Courts—just a few of the many guest perks distinguishing Wyndham San José – Herradura from the rest of San Jose airport hotels.Our open corridor hotel has 3 sparkling outdoor pools and Jacuzzis, 3 restaurants, one fashionable bar and onsite Casino. Hosting the largest convention center in the country, we enhance various occasions ranging from business seminars to spectacular weddings.With an ambiance of tranquility, the Wyndham San José – Herradura is nestled in the heart of Central Valley, overlooking a breathtaking backdrop of beautiful mountains and lush tropical gardens. With a staff committed to daily incomparable service, we encourage you to kickback and relax. Stay at the Wyndham San José – Herradura and let your worldly worries slip away, all while sitting in the breeze under a palm tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Wyndham San Jose Herradura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.