“Great place!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Rates from $79
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for us. We stayed here two nights. The rooms were clean, staff was great, and the hotel is well maintained. Overall it was a great experience. Food was also good, but a little pricey. Breakfast is included and has a nuce varietu. I would definitiely come back here.

• Stayed September 2013
Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thanks for staying here at the Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We look forward to welcoming you back. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

640 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Only stayed one night, the staff and property were perfect for us. The staff is very hospitable. Would definitely stay again. Convenient location. Hotel is nicely decorated, clean and full service. Delicious cookies too!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thanks for your comments. Whenever you’re in Costa Rica, stop by the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. We’ll take good care of you. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I liked this hotel a lot. It had the Costa Rican feel, but was also modern and very comfortable. There was a lot to do on the premise in case you aren't planning on leaving the place. The breakfast was great and the casino was a nice addition. I didn't like that you had to pay for the airport shuttle, as that is typically included with the hotel stay. Also, close to other restaurants and little shopping center if you want to get out. Not very close to the city, but that was okay for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

In reading other reviews, I can't help but think "What has happened? Am I am the same hotel?" I stay at Hilton-brand properties all over the world and this one had such poor service it required me to write a letter to the General Manager during my stay! You know it's bad if you are sitting in the room, expressing your level of dissatisfaction, before you have even completed your first stay!

I summed it up to the General Manager in the following sentence which is my sincere feedback on this hotel: I have not encountered even one employee at this property that has expressed (either verbally or through their actions) any genuine interest in my well-being or attempted to make my experience at this hotel a positive one.

Yes, my stay has been THAT BAD due to the complete void in quality service, so much that I would never stay here again. My only recommendation? Find another hotel nearby -- forget accruing points, forget your loyalty level, simply give yourself the gift of feeling welcome and STAY ELSEWHERE, unless you like being treated as though you are incarcerated at Alcatraz!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Margie_Aristy, Director General at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us and that we were not able to provide you with and exceptional stay. As per I mentioned in our previous conversation I was especially disappointed to read from your review that our staff did not provide you the professional and courteous treatment you deserve. I can assure you this is very unusual to happen and I’ve made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to respect our guests and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Jorge Gutierrez, General Manager.
San Francisco, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Gorgeous pool and extremely affordable, especially in the off season. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I made the mistake of renting a car for business in San Jose - don't do it. Car insurance is required and only available from the country monopoly $$$.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thanks for your comments. Whenever you’re in San Jose, stop by the DoubleTree by
Seattle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Pros: great staff great food executive suite awesome kind, helpful and caring staff service is superior cost effective cons: rooms on the ground floors without the view not close to beaches or main attraction

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the perfect launch and landing point for your costa rica adventure. Location is close to airport, but with good places to eat nearby.

Service is great and staff have remembered me from previous visits. They make me feel welcome.

I will keep staying here on my trips to costa rica.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to send us the great review. We hope to see you again soon at the
Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose! Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose? Share your experiences!