The hotel is close to the airport. That said a taxi should cost about $12 tops. Be careful with the swindlers!!
The one word I think of when I remember seeing the hotel is rustic. It does not have an elevator (FYI) . The rooms were suites and sparsely decorated. The basics :(. But there was Internet and at a good connection speed. So I never really paid attention to the decor.
Also no maintenance issues with the room for the time I was there.
If there was a portion of the staff that was great it was the people at breakfast. They were always on top of things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm, rustic and luxurious, the DoubleTree Cariari by Hilton brings modern day opulence to Costa Rica's capital city. A heavenly urban retreat with spacious guestrooms, a sparkling swimming pool and great service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Cariari By Hilton San Jose Hotel San Antonio De Belen
- Doubletree San Antonio De Belen
- San Jose Hilton
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose Costa Rica/San Antonio De Belen