“Such a family feel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Heredia
Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas
You added Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas to your Saves list
4, 6 Street, 8 Avenue, Heredia 1530-3000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Heredia
“Such a family feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked a couple of nights at the Hojarascas to explore a little of Central Costa Rica before leaving the country. We fell in love with Jose and the family run hotel. The service was wonderful, it felt more like visiting a family friend than staying in a hotel. Jose and his brother met us at the door when we arrived, made sure we had breakfast (which were wonderful!) before our 6:30 am tour, and got up at 4:30 am to see us off to the airport. The little "suite" we stayed in allowed us to eat a couple of small dinners in when we were filled by our lunch experiences. It is a beautifully kept and obviously loved hotel. Heredia is a busy college town and for me at first rather overwhelming although I understand less overwhelming than San Jose. However, Jose's kind attention to whatever we wanted to do made the stay delightful and after our touring adventures it always felt great to get "home". We visited Grecia, Sarchi, and the Orosi valley and took a tour to the Duka coffee plantation, Volcan Poaz, and the La Paz Waterfalls. Our stay here allowed us to experience the area where more than 65% of Ticos live and gave us another view of Costa Rica. We hope to visit again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Galena, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a quintessential Costa Rican hotel: family run, clean,with a ton of personal service!!!
The owners (brothers) are very eager to serve. The place is kept immaculately clean, and is well cared for. The breakfasts (included) are wonderful.
PLEASE do not judge this hotel by its curb appeal! The entry is not auspicious, but go in, ask to see a room, and you will be pleased. Lovely interior spaces, clean rooms.
This is the best deal in Heredia for location, cleanliness, friendliness, and price.
You will leave with a smile on your face!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel and staff are amazing. Its a great location close to shops and a great market where you can find fresh fruits and other sundries. Perfect location to immerse yourself in the culture. Close to parks, great location for cabs, buses and other attractions. Close walk to everything and overall a great, safe location! Jose is an amazing host. I highly recommend this hotel! I used this hotel as my base location while traveling across the country. I was always able to leave my exra belongings and it was always in good safe keeping.

Room Tip: There is a great two bedroom apartment unit with a kitchen located beside the hotel's kitchen ar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I really can't say enough about the customer service at this hotel. The owner is extremely passionate and will do absolutely anything do help you while you are in Heredia. The breakfast he cooked was amazing! The hotel itself was very clean and the room was great. If I ever stay in Heredia again, it will be at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have found it difficult to adequately express our satisfaction and enjoyment during our recent stay at your facilities. You are wonderful and very pleasant people, and we greatly appreciated your friendly accommodations. We can safely say, that if we ever return to San Jose, Costa Rica, we feel confident in trading any of the luxury hotels this city has to offer, for your terrific hospitality and to spend time with you. Please make sure that you keep my contact information if you one day travel to Panama. God bless you!
"Pura Vida" Omarcito, Jose, Alexis y por supuesto la mas bella Doña Carmen
Raul Y Fela

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond Hill, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here last year on my vacation to Costa Rica. I wanted to stay somewhere other than the big hotels to get a feel for what Costa Rica is really like. I based my decision on other people's reviews of several hotels and this one was the best. I took a chance and wow I was amazed. Jose is the most amazing and accommodating person I've ever met. We left our passports at the hotel when we went to San Jose to rent a car. We had been there a couple of days so Jose seemed trustworthy, but we left our passports in our room. Jose went to our room and sent his cousin to San Jose with them saving us hours and 2 $50 taxi rides. Food is great, if grandma is cooking you better eat. Did laundry and grandma beat us back to put them in the dryers. Then she took them out and folded them for us. This is a GREAT place. I will be visiting again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was my second time staying at Hotel Hojarascas and of course I returned because of the wonderful hospitality I have received each time! Jose Omar is a fabulous host and looks out for everything. For the price, which remains the same throughout the year, a delicious, home-made breakfast is included. The room was very comfortable and spacious and the shower always had hot water available. There is even a laundry machine on site in case you want to do your laundry! The property is always kept very clean and there is an open-air feel as you walk through it! The best parts about Hojarascas is that it is family-owned and Jose Omar tells you right from the beginning, "es como su casa." You are free to use the amenities such as the laundry, kitchen, etc. as long as you clean up after. I also love the fact that it is very central and walkable to almost any place in Heredia, and that it has a supermarket right across the street, and is very close to all the buses and to the Universidad Nacional. Should I return to San Jose/Heredia, I would definitely not hesitate to stay at Hojarascas again!

Room Tip: I didn't really feel there was too much noise. I stayed in a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas? Share your experiences!