“Quality Hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Heredia
Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas
4, 6 Street, 8 Avenue, Heredia 1530-3000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Heredia
Long Beach, California
“Quality Hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Quality Excellent - The Hotel is perfectly located across a local shopping store and a block away from the city market. The owner - Jose Omar-is wonderful and takes care of you. Its a family run business that is attentive and treats their guests as friends.

We stayed in town a week to visit family in the hotel apartment which is furnished with a complete kitchen. There is a washer/dryer available and they have complimentary WIFI and desktops for guest use. Transportation (i.e. taxi, local bus) are a 3 minute walk away. Oh and local currency exchange is located across the street (same exchange value as the bank). They have complimentry breakfast which includes fresh local fruits, local style breakfast, coffee, juices, soda, water. Shower is spacious with hot water on demand.

Jose and staff are about making you feel at home and ensuring they are available to help you with any need. It's not often you find a hotel where they make you feel like you are the only one there providing you with a comfortable place to staty. Awesome, clean and comfortable place with free airport pick-up/drop off to airport 20 minutes away.

Room Tip: Apartment bunk bedroom is a little noisy since wall has no window but metal blinds that open and do...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pomona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I just returned from 9 days in Heredia, and I'm thrilled to be able to share my experience of Hotel Hojarascas. From my airport pick-up on arrival, I was treated as a special part of the family. I was in Costa Rica for an intense week of language immersion, and the hotel became a quiet oasis for me to study and rest each day after school. Omar is the best, always concerned with my comfort and attentive to my particular needs. He's an amazing chef, and every morning brought a delightful, fresh and interesting breakfast. The whole hotel is bright and airy, and my room was always clean and comfortable. Omar would always take the time to help me find a particular location in Heredia or help me with my language study. It was a delight to stay at Hojarascas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Hojarascas for one night after arriving at San Jose airport late before an early trek to Manuel Antonio. I am thankful to have found this hotel based on reviews on TripAdvisor. It was a great value for the money, with clean rooms, cute updated decor, and a delicious breakfast. I also appreciated the ride from the airport and to our rental car shop. I am not so sure about the area, but it was more than fine for the one night we stayed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

If you are traveling anywhere near Heredia, you MUST stay @ Hotel Hojarascas! Jose Omar is the perfect host. The rooms are clean, well-appointed, and very comfortable. Traditional Costa Rican food for breakfast--local fruits and bread with the occasional surprise. Transportation from and to the airport is available, as is rental car service. A most enjoyable local experience! If I am lucky enough to get back to Costa Rica, I will most definitely stay at Hotel Hojarascas. This is what Pura Vida means!

• Stayed April 2012
Peterborough UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Warm welcome from Jose and his family. Pickup was perfect after 12 hours in the air! The hotel has been beautifully designed and is light and airy. It is right in the heart of Heredia, a bustling lively safe town with a large supermarket opposite. Breakfast was lovely with the special tamales making this the perfect resting place when we arrived in Costa Rica.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I spent a week at Hotel Hojarascas in March and found that it truly is as wonderful as everyone says! Jose Omar is probably the nicest man I've ever met and is fabulous at his job! From the warm reception to the clean and comfortable rooms to the superb breakfasts...our stay at this hotel was...well, like we were home. We never felt like guests or like "clients" but like family. Jose guided us to local restaurants and gave us tips on some of the best sights Costa Rica has to offer! He is truly knowledgeable and talented at what he does and it shows! -Just read through the reviews!
I have only been home for 3 days and have already recommended this hotel to several of my friends! We will definitely be back to this hotel when we travel to Costa Rica in the future!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel in March 2012 and we had a great time there!! Rooms were very clean, breakfast (with delicious home made tamales) was awesome but the best part was definately the kindness of the owners, whose priority is to make their guests feel at home.
At Hojarascas you will for sure experience the meaning of the famous costa rican expression "Pura Vida"! :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas? Share your experiences!