“the most amazing place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peace Lodge

You added Peace Lodge to your Saves list
Peace Lodge
4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Poas | Vara Blanca, La Paz Waterfalls Gardens, Heredia, Costa Rica   |
houston
“the most amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

We started our honeymoon out here and i must say that NOTHING else we did or saw was as amazing as the peace lodge. We enjoyed everything the grounds had to offer. I have a hard time planning other vacations because my expectations are so high from the Peace Lodge. I highly reccomend it!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2006

I am completely speechless...My Husband and I got married on December 5th at the Waterfall Gardens. We stayed two nights at the Peace Lodge. It is straight from a fairytale. Our taxi pulled up and we were instantly welcomed by a friendly man by the name of Leonardo. He welcomed us with our own peacelodge bracelets. An escort took us to our room. It was more than we could have hoped for I could have lived in the bathroom!! There were two showers(one with a waterfall option) A jacuzzi with a waterfall pouring behind it. The view from the balcony is stunning and there were hummingbirds fluttering everywhere. I have read past reviews where people have made negative comments about the Peace Lodge. Honestly I don't know what they could complain about. Some said it was to Disney....if that is the case sign me up because this property was so beautiful everyone was so friendly, and the attention to detail was unbelievable. Cindy and Lee have outdone themselves with this rare jem. And I am jealous they get to stay there anytime they want. Some people also commented on the dinner being expensive. It was $28 a person for a four course meal( the shrimp was the best seafood I had throughout my stay in C.R.) The Hummingbird Garden was amazing (the hummingbirds eat out of tiny feeders from your hands) The Frog tour was very interesting and the best photos you will ever get. The Butterfly garden was very cool you could watch the butterflys hatching from there cacoons! My Husband and I are missing the Peace Lodge very much. I would build a house there in a second.(Cindy and Lee if you need a manager let me know :) ) I would recommend staying at this hotel at the end of your trip it will spoil you. And I would stay longer than two days if possible. Pura Vida!!!

If you have any questions feel free to send me an e-mail at JHustad@sbcglobal.net

• Liked — The attention to Detail
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring loads of Film
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
Auberry, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2006

We splurged and stayed one night in the deluxe room and it was worth every penny. We were greeted with a fruit kabob and cold fruit drink. Front desk staff was very friendly, and check in was easy. We arrived at noon and was pleased to here our room was clean and ready for us. As you arrive at your front door they have you name on the door. The rooms are gorgous. They are done very tastefully and would not call them Disneylandish. The bathrooms are gorgous also, and would say they did resemble the Flintstones though not Disneyland. But we still loved the effect. The bed was very comfortable, and loved the fireplace. We spent the day enjoying all the La Paz Water Fall Gardens had to offer. At the end of the day we stopped by the new pool bar and were given a complementary rum punch and ordered some bocas. Even though we had heard the dinner wasn't good we decided to try it anyways. It was by far our most expensive dinner of our 15 day trip, and by far the worst. We wished we had just had a sandwich or room service. We did order room service for breakfast which was very good. It was really nice having breakfast on our private porch and watching all the amazing hummingbirds. The Peace lodge is a beautiful lodge in a beautiful setting and definantely worth at least a 1 night stay.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — The dinner
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2006

It was our second time to the Peace Lodge. Construciton is done. A different place, very romantic. Food in the restaurant is excellant. When you stay there, you get admision to the falls. You can see them before the tour busses arrive. Hummingbirds are everywhere and the new night forg tour was interesting. Poas Volcano is only 25 minutes away. We reccomend it to everyone and it is only 45 minutes from the airport but a world away. You won't be disapointed.

Stayed October 2006
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2006

After a long day of travel from Maryland to CR, we arrive in our rental car at The Peace Lodge. Although it was almost nightfall, we could see how beautiful the grounds were. At check -in, we were presented with our Peace Lodge wooden bracelets, our "guide" showed us a map of the grounds and led us to our room. Beside the door was our name in wooden letters - and each room is identified by a species of butterfly.
Once inside, we were delighted. Our large, deluxe room had a beautiful stone, gas burning fireplace facing the beautiful king size canopy platform bed. The balcony had an outdoor stone jacuzzi, a hammock and an amazing view. The bathroom had yet another stone jacuzzi, a waterfall, 2 showers, a large vanity with 2 sinks and beautiful native foliage.
The proprietors left us a bottle of wine with a note congratulating us on our honeymoon.
The service was as amazing as the room itself...The Peace Lodge is one of the most relaxing places I have ever had the pleasure staying and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
detroit,mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2006

We were so ready for a little pampering, and Peace Lodge delivers. The check-in is impressive, it gives you that feeling of anticipation to see your room, because you know it is going to be an experience! The grounds and trails are amazing and I found it to be very peaceful....like we weren't sure anyone else was there.
The dinner was a bit pricey, but wonderful and the breakfast buffet was good. However I would venture out for lunch rather than eat there the next time. I definitely have it on my list for places to go back to someday. Overall, there may be a little "fakeness" in the midst of a paradise, but it was just what we needed.

• Liked — location to San Jose International, and comfort
  • Disliked — price of lunch buffet
  • Tips/Secrets — We stayed only one day but two would have been perfect
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

I went here for the first leg of my honeymoon, Dec 2005.

It was how everyone described it, nestled in the side of a mt/rainforest in the north/central area of CR.

The service was great, food above average, rooms nice, views amazing, overall very nice and relaxing.

the only thing some people might not like is the faux feel the place has.

CJ

• Liked — view/peace
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Peace Lodge? Share your experiences!