“NEVER GO THERE --> WORST PLACE EVER !!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Heredia

Hotel Heredia
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Heredia
Hotel Heredia
Save Saved
You added Hotel Heredia to your Saves list
Heredia 3000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Heredia
Munich
“NEVER GO THERE --> WORST PLACE EVER !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

dirty, no service, absolutely too expensive for this, bugs in bedroom and shower! don't believe Lonely Planets' descriptions! They must have paid for getting such a good ranking!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
wherever
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

Avoid, unless it is the last room in Heredia, Costa Rica. I'm not a resort sort of gal, so if I think a hotel is dingy- it is. Disgusting bathroom, didn't even want to walk in room barefoot. And I've seen other budget places in CR, so I'm not clueless. Only thing good to say is relatively quiet yet convient location in Heredia. Over priced too, for $33 a night it should have been MUCH better. Clerk was nice enough, switched rooms when I asked because our first room had it's only window to an inside hallway. Two thumbs down.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

My husband and I are adventurous. We traveled to Costa Rica on our honeymoon and intentionally did half of our trip using small hotels and hostels because we like to have a more authentic travel experience when we leave the country. We stayed at many lovely hostels that were spare, but clean and I have nothing but positive things to say about them. Keeping our low expectations in mind I must warn you that this hotel was simply beyond horrible.

Lonely Planet gives it a perplexingly positive review (Oct 2006), which mentions "renovations," and "sparkling rooms." I have no idea what they are speaking of, because unless they had just finished filming a horror movie in this hotel there is NO WAY it was recently renovated. So far from their description was this hotel, that I checked the address twice to make sure we were in the right place.

There was dirt and some unknown substance on the walls, the floors were tacky...and the bedspread looked dingy and unwashed. I did not even dare to sleep beneath the covers...and actually kept my clothes on the whole night. Not what my husband had in mind.

On the positive side, they did have parking, and we considered sleeping in our car. Also, we didn't see any roaches. I was amazed, but the couple that stayed across the hall said they were all over their room the whole night.

I will say that our honeymoon took place in 2007 (it is now 2009), so if you are thinking about staying there I strongly suggest you have a look at the rooms first. I hope for the sake of all that is sanitary that things have changed.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2007

It was a great hotel. We rented the apartment and it was perfect. Not Luxury but a great way of spending a vaccation in Heredia.
Not much to do on the hotel but there is not far to some entertainment.

• Liked — The View. :)
  • Disliked — No luxory
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Heredia? Share your experiences!