“Impressed in every regard” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 15 love

You added 15 love to your Saves list
15 love
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   200 mts before hotel Jardin Del Eden, Tamarindo, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #15 of 36 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Impressed in every regard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel exceeded all expectations - great location, comfortable, friendly, design. The breakfasts - delicious start to the day. Great value - so glad we found it, thank you!

The location is a short walk to the beach and all services. Why would one stay at a huge impersonal resort? :)

Room Tip: The upgrade to the suite is well worth asking about, but not necessary.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a very good B&B in a nice quiet area away from the hustle and bustle of Tamarindo yet close enough to walk to some very good restaurants. Some mornings if you are staying in the upper suite the howler monkeys will come down on your roof early in the morning.They have a favorite tree right off your patio where they eat and rest. Very entertaining. Breakfast is excellent , staff are very good. The suite is worth the extra price. This is also a tennis club with two courts which can provide some entertainment as well as the function they are intended for.

Room Tip: Suites are two rooms with excellent shower
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I just spent a week at 15 Love, and really, really enjoyed our stay. It was our second time visiting Tamarindo in a year, and this was by far the better experience for a young couple.
It pretty simple: there is a studio style room with an open sink/shower area, and a porch overlooking some nice tennis courts. If you are looking for a giant elaborate room, this is not it. But for sure they had amenities which we loved and took full advantage of..
- Tiny, but perfectly sized, tiled pool.
- A/C that worked reliably. (Our befriended neighbors had some trouble with their A/C, but from what I understood it was fixed pretty rapidly)
Reliable wireless internet. There are a variety of places in Tamarindo that you can get on wifi, but for a person like me who needs to 1) connect back to work several times a day, 2) plan my trip on the fly using the internet, and 3) watch Adventure Time at 2am, having reasonably robust internet in my room is necessary.
Free and fantastic breakfast each day. This was a reason to get up in the morning, even and especially after partying
- Room service was polite, efficient, and adaptable. We were not griefed about sleeping in, nor about minor flubs like breaking a glass of red wine in the room.
- First class seats to random tennis games on the back porch. I am not by nature a tennis fan, but the fact of this location also being probably the best tennis courts in Tamarindo means that there will randomly be people playing tennis outside your window once it is tennis time. This is not loud, but you will be able to hear it with the porch door closed. I am not sure but I think 10am is fair game for tennis. Anyhow we late sleepers did not find it annoying, and moreover really enjoyed chilling on the porch with our laptops and watching what amounted to be some pretty entertaining tennis :)
Good heavy curtains that block the light if you want it blocked!
- I don't want to sound pretentious when I say this, but we are tattooed/pierced/unusual kind of people, and this was not experienced as a difficulty at 15 Love \m/

Room Tip: We stayed in the furthest of the three lower rooms. I assume they are all about the same, but we had...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Encinitas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

After staying in Manuel Antonio for five days we drove to Tamarindo. I had booked four nights at 15 Love Bed and Breakfast through Kayak.com and of course was a little nervous because booking online, based on reviews and photos, always leads to a few surprises. We arrived and were relieved. Nicolas was filling in for the owner for the month. He was expecting our arrival, was very nice and made us feel at home. I think they only have four or five rooms. The room was minimal but it was also very clean and comfortable. The room overlooks the tennis courts and every afternoon we saw Howler Monkeys cruising through the neighboring trees. That was pretty cool. The pool is nice and refreshing. You can't flush the toilet paper so that was kinda funny but who cares it's Costa Rica and we are obviously on vacation so we got over that pretty quick. Every morning you can sit down and order breakfast from the menu for free between 7am and 10am. Smoothies, coffee and whatever you want for breakfast, prepared fresh. We loved that this place is one block away from the main street. It's far enough to be quiet and close enough to walk to everything and we felt very safe. Awesome place!

Room Tip: There's only a few rooms and I think they would all be great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I spend 3 nights in this amazing place. You are very far away from those huge 5 stars hotel where you just feel like any normal tourist.

Here it's all about you ... People are really nice, helpful and they really care about your experience in their place. The location is perfect (almost next to the beach but away enough to really relax away from Tamarindo's noise). The room was big and the bed really comfortable. I really enjoyed the swimming pool where you can relax with a refreshing smoothie from the bar. The breakfast was also really yummy.

It was also funny to look at the monkeys playing in between the trees next to the tennis court. So without hesitation, I'll come back here on day or another ....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week's vacation and could not have been more pleased with our stay. Even though we arrived late at night, we were greeted by Olivier and offered a drink. The room was large, clean, and comfortable and was thoroughly cleaned everyday by staff. The breakfast was absolutely amazing...homemade and delicious. The breakfast smoothies and coffee were devine. My boyfriend is a tennis player, and so he was thrilled to take a couple of lessons with Olivier. We enjoyed the little walk into town..it was truly minutes from the hotel to the beach and town and we felt safe even walking back late at night. Finally, Olivier and Emily took a lot of time helping us plan the best sight-seeing trip and were happy to help us coordinate all of those trips. We could not believe how great the price was for our stay when we had such great service. If we ever visit Tamarindo again, we will most definitely stay here.
--Sarah and JT

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was thrilled to have found this B&B on the net! As a single female traveler, I felt totally at ease as I walked through the front entrance, being greeted with a fresh smoothie and a modern chic place to stay. From that moment, Olivier and Emily made me feel totally at home and part of the family. They recommended and organised a diving trip to Catalina Islands up North and also recommended a surf instructor, Nick Holt, who gave me private surfing lessons. The last night I was there, they arranged for a taxi to take me to the airport at 5:15am.

Nothing was too much effort for Olivier and Emily. I asked to change rooms one of the nights as there was an American businessman in the room next to mine who was on the phone all night talking extremely loudly... it was no hassle to change rooms and from then on, I slept like the dead.

The rooms are gorgeous, spacious, modern and well kept with attention to detail in the finishes.

The tennis courts are great and you can play at any time. And then sit and have a drink around the pool.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and will be back when I come back to Tamarindo.

Thank you for everything Olivier and Emily.

Room Tip: The purple room (room 3)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to 15 love? Share your experiences!