I was visiting Costa Rica for the first time and Hostel Pura Vida was the first hostel I had ever stayed at. A reservation was made and a $15 deposit paid online via PayPal. It was a very easy process. I didn't even have to get off of the bus from San Jose to Tamarindo to meet someone who knew where the hostel was. The location is conveniently 5 minutes walk from the center of commerce and beach.
The rooms are very clean upon arrival and cleaned daily during your stay. The shower has good pressure. The toilets run to a septic that can't handle any paper being flushed. One improvement that could be made is if the hostel provided towels for showering. I don't remember them having any towels. I bought towels in town, great souvenirs!
Right outside our room was a large outdoor covered area. This was a great communal area to hang out with other hostelers. The vibe was very fun and friendly. There were two fully equipped kitchens. Refrigerators were available to keep food. Our hosting hosteler, Marcella, is like a Lonely Planet travel book that loves you back. She will help you find any experience would like in town. She gave great recommendations on things in Tamarindo & across CR. She recommended and booked our private travel and hostel in Monte Verde. Great Wifi, great restaurant next door. I would highly recommend this hostel for any traveller.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pura Vida Hostel in Tamarindo, Costa Rica has been providing guests with memorable travel experiences since 2006. We are a friendly, inexpensive hostel that welcomes backpackers and vacationers from all over the world. We welcome the opportunity to host your stay in Tamarindo. Our multi-lingual staff is happy to provide recommendations on restaurants, bars, attractions, getting to your next destination and, of course, surfing. Trips, tours and transportation can be booked at our reception. You can cook and dine al fresco in our 2 spotless, fully-equipped, outdoor communal kitchens. We have dorm beds with ensuite bathrooms and showers and private rooms with air conditioning in multiple configurations to accommodate your travel party. Bed linens are provided. Our "rancho" is the social heart of the hostel with rocking chairs, daybeds, and hammocks for you to enjoy while visiting with other guests and overlooking the lovely tropical garden which enjoys frequent visits from iguanas and howler monkeys. The chill-out atmosphere is enhanced by a great sound system and playlist, good vibes, the fastest wi-fi available in Costa Rica and interesting people from all over the world. We are located a couple hundred meters from the beach, across from Banco National and Hertz Rental Car and next door to Dona Lee's restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, HostelBookers and Booking.com so you can book your Pura Vida Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pura Vida Guesthouse Hotel Tamarindo
- Pura Vida Guesthouse And Hostel