I just came back from 2 weeks at Witch's Rock Surf Camp and I had an awesome time.
If I could change something about this trip, it would be to do what it takes to arrive there in better shape... Surfing is quite a sport.
I stayed at the Cocodrillo (partner hotel) for the first week, then the second week I was in WRSC's rooms. Both were nice places, Cocodrillo is more quite, but I liked the fact that I had a fridge and a TV. It's only a 2-3 minutes walks from WRSC. At WRSC, my rooms were not as nice (no fridge), but it makes life easy to live right there.
All the staff gave an awesome service, from the front desk to the restaurant and room service. The surf instructors were all really good and friendly. Not just during the surf session, but also after. I spent most of my first week with Paco who really gave me good advises (it was my first time surfing) and brought me to the next level and then spent most of my second week with Flash who continued my training in the intermediate group. 2 really great human being.
I was also grateful for WRSC to accommodate me when I had to cancel my first trip and rebook, plus I missed my connecting flight coming in and they still sent someone to pick me up at the airport on a Sunday.
Overall, great experience... I will go back there in a near future.
Special thanks to Shawna, Sophia, Pru Pru, Rachel, Olman, Rose, Luis, Alonso, Leo, Maxi, Axel, Flash, Paco, Kailani and Jiji who all worked a little extra to make this trip unforgettable for me. Muchas Gracias!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Witch's Rock Surf Camp is a small beach front hotel in Playa Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We have 18-rooms on the beach directly in front of the best surfing waves in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We are located 45 minutes away from Liberia (LIR) Airport. We cater to surfers and anyone that wants to learn how to surf in Costa Rica. Come and join us for the surfing vacation of your life. Call Now! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Witch`s Rock Surf Camp Hotel Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Hotel