“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
New York City, New York
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Just stayed here for 2 weeks, at the Hotel La Laguna del cocodrilo and I highly recommend it to anyone! Waking up every morning to see the waves & beach.
The great thing about staying here is the location, away from the hustle & bustle of the main strip, quite, & layed back.

The staff here are awesome, great restaurant & bakery.

Cedric the owner & manager will go out of his way to make sure your stay is a great one.

I will definitely be back, my little piece of paradise.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicoutimi, Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed at La Laguna del Cocodrilo for five nights at the end of march. We were warned that Tamarindo was a touristy town but were pleasantly surprised by the relaxed feel of the hotel and surroundings. We stayed in a ground floor room with terrace and beach view, just perfect. Clean room, AC, cable tv and a nice outdoor sitting area was just what we needed. Private trail to the beach, great seafood restaurant at night and french bakery for breakfast and lunch on site. The owners were the best and hepled us with activities, bus and hotel reservations. They recommended a taxi driver, Hector, who took us everywhere we wanted and had the most competitive prices around. He even drove us to the airport in San Jose at 11pm for a bargain. We initially planned on staying at La Laguna for five nights but decided to come back for another four more because we loved it so much! Thank you for evrything to Cedric and Sandrine, we hope to come back to Tamarindo soon!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I stayed here for the 1st week of April and it was great. I have spent a fair bit of time in Tamarindo and the Cocodrilo is a perfect spot for a relaxing place to stay for a surf vacation. Cedric, the manager is extremely accomidating and went out of his way to make sure my entire stay was just right. The great part about this hotel is that it is as close to the beach as you can get, but also just far enough away from the crowds of downtown Tamarindo to make you feel like you are in your own little world. The Bakery in the front of the hotel is awesome and opens at 6am everyday, so , a great place to get coffee and some wonderful bakery items before or after you surf or go off on your daytime excursions. The rooms were very clean and were cleaned and freshened up every morning. I really dont think there is a better, mellow spot to stay in Tamarindo, on the beach and with such good prices. I highly recommend and will be returning myself for sure. Thx for a wonderful week!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I just stayed for four days at the Hotel La Laguna del cocodrilo and I highly recommend it to anyone! I could see the waves on the beach from my room and the hospitality could not have been better. I am a photographer and was traveling to shoot a wedding. I had my cameras and computers with me, and they were completely safe in my room. This was my biggest concern as I was told to be careful, and it was definitely not a problem at Hotel La Laguna del cocodrilo, completely safe!! Great restaurant and bakery on premise. I highly recommend this hotel and will certainly come back with my wife and kids for vacation!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dingle24601
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

We stayed at La Laguna del cocodrilo for 3 nights in early March. The hotel is located right on the beach at the top end of town. It’s an easy home base for walking anywhere in Tamarindo.

Our room included a full bed, a set of bunk beds, tv and air conditioning. We had a street view room, but we didn’t spend much time inside, so it wasn’t an issue. The rooms are no frills, but are clean and accommodating.

The staff was very helpful. We got there a few hours earlier than check-in and it wasn’t an issue, and when we left, we were able to leave our bags there for a few hours until our shuttle came. There’s also free wi-fi on site.

We mostly only ate breakfast at the hotel, but there is a French bakery on the property that is absolutely delicious. We had a typical breakfast (rice, beans, eggs), as well as their pastries, croissants, turnovers, quiches, and everything was fantastic. I’d recommend making a trip to the bakery even if you’re not staying at the hotel.

The view from the restaurant at the back of the hotel is amazing. It’s full of palm trees and a great beach view. Having beach access is very convenient and is probably the best part about this location.

We got a good price on the room, which was a concern of ours when looking for a place to stay. If you need a relatively cheap place in Tamarindo that’s clean and safe, I would definitely recommend La Laguna del cocodrilo.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

I spent 5 days in this hotel with a friend. The owners are really nice French people. We spent a grat time in La laguna del Cocodrilo with its private access to the beach!! The croissant and pain au chocolat from the panaderia in the hotel were amazing.
William & Clement

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Darien, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

This hotel is at the end of a very busy beach which makes this a very quiet, relaxing location. The town is an easy walk either along the beach or along the street that runs in front of the hotel. It has a lovely restaurant and a nice bar with excellent food and drinks. With only 12 rooms this is a perfect place to unwind and enjoy the solitude and beauty of nature. The owners are very friendly and accommodating and will help in any way they can. This is not a place you go if you want the high end, bustling vacation. The rooms are very basic (comfy bed, tv, air conditioning, ceiling far, bathroom with shower). This is a place you go to reconnect with yourself and your travel partners.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel La Laguna del cocodrilo? Share your experiences!