“Enjoy vistas from your balcony.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Colina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
La Colina
You added La Colina to your Saves list
en frente de jardin del eden, Tamarindo 00000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
San Francisco, California
“Enjoy vistas from your balcony.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my time at La Colina. I initially wanted to stay on the beach, so I split my time between La Colina and Witch's Rock Surf Camp. The beautiful views from my balcony at La Colina were breathtaking. It made the few rainy afternoons I spent indoors quite pleasant. The hotel sits above the town of Tamarindo and is less than a 10 minute walk to the beach. La Colina is not a big chain hotel, but it is unique, quiet and the exterior is quite grand. The rooms are basic with kitchen and AC and everything you need. The pool is surrounded by lush greenery and overlooks the ocean. It is owned and managed by a lovely man named Hans who was always happy to see me and fun to chat with coming and going. Hans was extremely responsive and helpful and even upgraded me to the gorgeous penthouse for my last night. If you are looking for a lovely quiet place to spend your evenings this is it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The moment I set foot into La Colina, I was instantly in LOVE. EVERYTHING...the beautiful, lush, well kept garden, it's cleanliness, the complete privacy, the safety, the security, away from the crowd, the clear extra-large pool, the sunset VIEWS of Tamarindo from our private balcony, the maid service, the owner Hanz, the Bar service, the Full size kitchen, our Condo…I can go on and on about this place…

It became my Home away from Home…

My family (boyfriend and 6yr old son) and I stayed here for an entire month! I did NOT WANT TO LEAVE! We had everything we needed plus more 2 be happy.

I HIGHLY recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed in an awesome condo in La Colina for the last month and we had a great time! A balcony with panoramic ocean views of Tamarindo with some of the most stunning sunsets you'll see anywhere. Included large master bedroom, loft, kitchen and more! Friendly customer service. A++!

Stayed November 2013
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My friend and I stayed at La Colina this past week. Hans, the owner, is extremely personable and goes out of his way to make sure his guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. The views of Tamarindo and the ocean from the hotel are spectacular and each room has a front-facing balcony. The grounds were extremely well-kept, complete with a variety of tropical plant/flower species. We had such a great stay and will be back again when visiting Tamarindo in the future!

Room Tip: All rooms have an amazing view of Tamarindo but the larger rooms are higher up and are the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I spent Easter 2013 here. I stayed for 3 nights and I loved the views and the sunset! The rooms were clean and spacious. Comfortable beds. Only a few minutes walk to the beach. Quiet area. Hummingbirds and monkeys! Clean pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Lytham St Annes, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We found the place on tripadvisor and just dropped by to ask for a free room. We were lucky and stayed for 5 nights. The views from the rooms are stunning, every room with private balcony and small kitchen incl fridge. We really enjoyed chilling in the room for siesta during the day. By foot to the beach and tamarindo centre takes 10-15 minutes. But as you are slightly off the tamarindo noises, its really peaceful and quiet. The host is super friendly and always there for quiestions or if you need anything. Great place and great value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ojai, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed there for a week in late March 2013. Fantastic view of the bay! Clean spacious rooms. Nice kitchenette, good air conditioning and fans and cable TV! Very comfortable. Nice, clean pool. Best of all, it was very quiet; anytime of day or night. Just a short walk to beach and restaurants. Hans is a great proprietor. And we saw monkeys in the tree next to the hotel!!

Room Tip: Rooms on west side have a great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Colina? Share your experiences!