I just got back from several days in Tamarindo, and had a great time staying at La Colina. I'd highly recommend this place for people who want a quieter, spacious place to stay in Tamarindo. I was there with 3 other guys and we rented out room 45, the penthouse which is a 2-bed 2-bath apartment. It had a king bed in one room, a full + twin bed in the other room, and 2 day beds in the living room. Pretty clean and the best part is the huge balcony with an amazing ocean view that comes with the penthouse.
1. Hans. The owner of this place is awesome. He's super helpful giving you tips to get around town and Costa Rica in general, and is very nice.
2. Pool. Good sized pool, and it's great for cooling off when you've had enough of the Tamarindo waves beating you senseless.
3. View. The view from the penthouse balcony is priceless. Amazing sunsets
4. Surroundings. It's up on a quiet hill, so you don't get the crazy party noise, drug dealers, or prostitutes that you'll find on the main strip on Fri and Sat nights. (i guess this is a con if that's your thing...)
5. Close to Witch's Rock, which was the center of Tamarindo for us. They are the most popular surf-camp in town, and have a decent well-priced restaurant. They're a 5 minute walk from La Colina, and have a small pool too, so we spent most of our days chilling at Witch's Rock where we'd eat, surf, chill on the beach, watch sports at the bar, and hang out in their pool.
1. It's a 5-7 minute walk from the beach, up a hill. It's not bad, but if you want quick beach access you won't get it here.
2. There's no food here, but it's easy enough to get to a ton of restaurants on the main strip, plus there's a kitchen in the penthouse so you can get groceries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Placed on a Hill, unique sunsets, nice breeze, outstanding view 50 sqft pool, bar, tropical garden, fully equipped kitchens, tv, ac, ceiling fans. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- La Colina Tamarindo
- La Colina Hotel Tamarindo