“Peaceful Oasis in the Mountains” 5 of 5 stars

You added Los Altos de Eros to your Saves list
Los Altos de Eros
Spa de Eros, Canafistula, Tamarindo, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
Aug, Sep & Oct 30% Off!!!
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Tamarindo
Atlanta
“Peaceful Oasis in the Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We just spent 2 nights at LADE and had an unforgettable experience. The best way to describe this resort to someone is to picture yourself staying in someone's fancy guest house. Five rooms (and one detached room) surround a pool and central courtyard with a kitchen/dining room/living room. The view and sunset are out of this world. You get to meet lots of the local wildlife including monkeys in trees! Step down a level and enter the spa, overlooking the same amazing view.

Breakfast and lunch are included, and we stayed on for dinner too. Chef Andrea made wonderful gourmet meals using the freshest ingredients (meat/fish/fruit). The kitchen staff prepared some of the most refreshing smoothies I have ever had too!

Our time at LADE was quiet and relaxing. We did not leave the property for any activities except to do the challenging 5K walk around neighboring hills. We were away from the hustle and bustle of every day life and of lots of other tourists. It was a wonderful way to clear our minds and be still.

LADE is a special place. It has lots of charm and elegance without being pretentious.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I'd heard about this place from friends, but thought there was no way I could afford this luxury. I live here, and when my sister came for her first visit, I mentioned it to her. She said she would take me for my birthday. We did the all day spa package, which includes three services. We chose 1 1/2 hour massage, facial and body wrap. Although I do have my own car here we opted for he pickup and drop off service. They arrived promptly at 9:15. We brought our own mimosa for the ride. Lovely 15 minute drive to the hotel with a super nice driver.

When we arrived, we were escorted through the hotel to the spa. It was lovely. We were set up in their open jacuzzi room with lounge chairs. We each met our personal attendant for the day. Mine was Grace. She was awesome. It was nice to have one person do all your treatments and have it all done in one room so you could safely leave all your things in there.

I started with the volcanic mud body wrap, which was heavenly. Almost like a scrub, a massage and a wrap all in one. I almost fell asleep while waiting for the wrap to cure. Then off to the lovely shower. We had some wine and water while they cleaned up our rooms, and sat and enjoyed the lush ocean view. Next I had one of the best massages ever. I was worried that maybe it would be unprofessional al or weak, but to the contrary, it was amazing, and I'm a massage therapist. Grace was strong and smooth and found I'll my tough spots and worked them. It was awesome. She even did stomach and face, which you can't always get. She was obviously well trained. Massage was followed by a red clay facial, which was awesome. The only part missing from the facial were the extractions you normally get with a facial in the states.

They timed my sister and I so we were together every time we were done with a service. Lunch was fresh ceviche, tuna and vegetable kabobs, pasta salad, caprese kabobs and a fruit smoothie and all the wine we could drink. The setting was amazing. They even did a birthday cake for a family who was also there.

All this for $250 a person - definitely worth it, and I hear they have even better deals in the off season. I am definitely going back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Open-aired, lush surroundings, breezes flowing in the mountains overlooking Tamarido Beach...that is how I got a massage today. A friend of mine gifted me a day at LADE, the spa at Los Altos de Eros, for my birthday. I would have never known it even existed-it is so tucked away in the trees. It is beautifully and tastefully done...allowing nature to do the talking. The staff is highly trained and their technique is impeccable. By far the best massage I have ever had. (I hesitate to say that and raise your expectations too high, but we all agreed that it was amazing.) She healed some ailments that I have had for months without me even telling her they were there. The package we had was for 3 treatments, lunch and drinks and snacks. (It included wine, but I didn't partake.) The lunch was delicious...fresh ceviche, tomato and mozzarella salad, chicken and beef shish kabobs, and freshly squeezed juices. I had the hour and a half massage, the oatmeal facial and the chocolate body scrub (a little more tribal than I expected but man, my skin was smooth!) It rained a little during my facial which was heavenly as the room was open to the jungle covered by a thatched roof. We were there from 9:30 am (transport available from Tamarindo) until almost 3pm. It was a lot for the money. They staff was so professional and relaxed at the same time. They let us spend as much time as we wanted lounging in our robes on the chaise lounges and basking in our good fortune. We left that day feeling so fresh, smooth, light, content and peaceful. I highly recommend it if you are wanting to unwind or connect with nature in a unique way. You can either stay at the boutique hotel or just spend the day.

Room Tip: I can't comment on the rooms as I only was there for a day trip.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My new husband and I stayed at Los Altos de Eros (LADE) for our honeymoon in June 2014. We love to be around and meet new people, so that was one of the exciting points for us, and we were not disappointed! We met some friends there that we will be in touch with for a long time to come. From the time you arrive, to the time you leave, the staff at LADE treated us at every corner. We had the detached king suite which was absolutely perfect for us. We were only a little weary booking it because we couldn't find any pictures on here, so I will post some for those of you thinking of booking it. We also had the opportunity to look at ALL of the other rooms while we were there. The honeymoon suite on the top floor was enormous with a large bathtub and sitting area. We did not spend a ton of time in our room, so I couldn't imagine needing a sitting area, so I'm glad we chose the room we did. The king and queen rooms off the pool are fairly small, but perfectly beautiful if you just sleep there and spend most of your time around the pool, which is the place to be. The laundry service every day was phenomenal! We looked forward to every meal we had cooked by Andrea and stayed there most nights for dinner because of her delicious food. We also participated in the cooking class with our new friends which was one of the most fun nights we had! We were extremely lucky in the weather, experiencing only 1 rain shower which occurred during the cooking class. It was beautiful to watch the storm come in! We did ziplining one morning, but still couldn't wait to get back to relax by the pool at LADE. We took advantage of the complimentary wine and beer every day - only 1 type of beer is available, Imperial, which is a great beer! THE best night by far that we had during our entire honeymoon was the romantic massage and dinner in the spa. A one hour massage, followed by an hour in the hot tub with champagne and strawberries, and then dinner of our choice served while watching the most beautiful sunset we've ever seen. It should be said, we thought this was going to be the only time in the hot tub, but as a guest, the hot tub in the spa is available for you every night! While it was quite hot, weather-wise, we still found many opportunities to enjoy that amenity. You will not be disappointed one bit if you choose to stay at LADE. You will also not be disappointed one bit by choosing to visit Costa Rica. What a beautiful country with amazing people - they truly make you feel like you belong, and we can't wait to go back!! Thank you to all of the amazing staff at LADE for making our honeymoon absolutely perfect!

Room Tip: If your budget allows, choose the detached king suite. The honeymoon suite is larger, but only beca...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I found LADE through TripAdvisor and decided to stay with them. We enjoyed it so much that we both agreed we could visit monthly (ah, wouldn't that be nice?). Such a quick trip from Houston to "paradise" (this is what LADE considers themselves and it is the perfect word to describe). Our reasons we loved it so much:
1. Location- Like some or most of you, we thought we wanted to stay on or near the beach. Great decision not to because the sweet drivers will take you to "town" to the beach every day if you'd like. It was a nice break to be away from the hustle and bustle of the beach town (mainly Tamarindo). The hotels we saw in the beach town did not compare to the class and level of service at LADE. Besides, the view you get from the pool and most of the rooms is exceptional.
2. Cuisine- The cuisine was impeccable. Chef Andrea has a love for food and you can tell through her dishes. She has a blog to follow and I've already printed out the recipes for dishes she made for us during our stay.
3. Laundry service- WOW. You don't think about how nice it is to have your laundry done but this was so wonderful to have. They probably did 6 loads of laundry during our 6 night stay (which was a PERFECT amount btw). We had all clean laundry when we unpacked after returning home. Bravo LADE.
4. Layout- The layout of the hotel (comparable to a very large home) was perfect. Although you normally share breakfast, lunch and 1 dinner (every Saturday) family style, there is enough space and other areas to retreat to for you to be alone all other times. We really enjoyed everyone's company at meal times.
5. The Trail- What a beautiful trail to walk or bravely run if you'd like. It is not a normal trail as it features steep hills and dirt roads and high altitudes (lose breath very quickly!). Trees lined most of it so you could go around 3 p.m. if you'd like. Very humid, but great for the skin. Make sure you bring a bottle water the staff offers you.
5. The massages- You just have to book.
6. Most of all, the PEOPLE- What wonderful people inside and out. When arriving at the hotel, the staff are outside waiting to greet you and to show you your room. What a perfect touch. They make you feel extremely special. You will mainly deal with Yanina, Tatiana and Rose Mary when booking excursions, finding dinner rec's, etc. They act as your concierge. Chef Andrea wants to make sure you're very satisfied with your meals. Francisco, Antonio and every single driver were delightful, happy and helpful. Jacqueline (owner) came by most mornings to make sure we were having a grand time. Like the Costa Ricans in town we chatted with, the staff at LADE were genuine, considerate, pleasant and accommodating. You will really be pleased after spending time with these beautiful souls!

Love from Texas.

Room Tip: Any room is good!!!! You are outside most of the time.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great Spa in Tamarindo. Best staff, great rooms the beds are so soft. I have stayed here three times in the last 2 years. Heaven in Heaven. Hard to go wrong staying here. Great value. Pura Vida !!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This place is by far the BEST hotel I have ever stayed at. Driving up the hill (once you visit you will know what I mean), I was a little weary on where we were staying (as we hoped to be central to the beach)...then you walk through the front doors and your jaw drops. The view is incredible and the hotel is warm, beautiful and every detail has been thought of. This place truly caters to their guests more than anywhere in the world. During our visit we stayed at Tabacon (the 5 star resort in Arenal) before coming to LADE...while we were there, I kept finding small details I wished Tabacon thought of - this is not the case at LADE. Before you think of something you could want or need, it's already been done for you.

They pack you beach bags before their well-versed drivers take you to Tamarindo beaches. Laundry is done for you daily - all the comforts of home mixed with the best Costa Rica elements mixed in one. I would never even consider staying at another hotel in Tamarindo.

If you are thinking of Tamarindo Diria or another beach hotel, DONT. This place gets you the best views of the Pacific with easy access to the area but you come home to private paradise. The beach area is incredible but there is a lot of rif raf, so coming home to LADE is the best idea ever.

Oh...let's not forget their chef, Andrea...she makes better dinner than anywhere in Tamarindo. I am from New Jersey, grew up next to Philly and NYC and I kid you not, Andrea could rival any 5 star chef in Manhattan.

Great views, amazing customer service, incredible food and a once in a lifetime experience. Trust me when I say, there is nowhere else to stay when you visit Tamarindo. And, I just got back from my honeymoon yesterday, am exhausted but absolutely had to share my experience because it was that good.

Room Tip: 6 total rooms...we booked the queen and they upgraded us to the honeymoon suite. Regardless what roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Los Altos de Eros? Share your experiences!