“Great Experience, Great value” 5 of 5 stars

Spa de Eros, Canafistula, Tamarindo, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
Special Occasions 20% OFF
Ranked #1 of 22 hotels in Tamarindo
“Great Experience, Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I've only had the chance to stay in all inclusives in the past, this was the first time i would like to call boutique hotel /luxury inn Calvin and Jaqueline have done a great job with there business from the beginning to now you can see how they have shown progression in the right direction. To tell how lucky you are to stay in this place is when you meet a local real estate guy and he tell you "wow you are staying there, thats the best place in the whole province". The experience is unreal . Thank you again James and Allison

• Stayed January 2013

508 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend treated me to the all day spa experience at LADE. It was amazing. Jessica gave me the best hour and half message I have ever had. I then had the fruit and flower bath that had so much fruit of every kind imaginable. What a treat. My last treatment was the papaya wrap. I was so relaxed and my skin was amazing. Treated to wine throughout and finished with a fantastic gourmet lunch! This was such a treat and a true highlight of my trip. Great service and friendly staff. I recommend all boyfriends and husbands treat their ladies to this experience...they will be very thankful and you will earn big bonus points!

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I just returned from two nights at Los Altos. It was an experience I look forward to experiencing again. The staff is incredible! They so want to please you and make your visit a positive one. The food is scrumptious. They will accommodate any diet restrictions . There was a young couple who were vegetarians and one was vegan . I myself am gluten sensitive. The chef met with us before each dinner to make sure that the menu was to our satisfaction. Which it always beyond what we expected. Meals are served Family Style. However there really cannot be more then 12 people at any given seating since there are only 6 rooms.

The rooms are spacious and clean. There is a very neat outdoor shower for the rooms on the bottom. Due to the nice breeze in the evening we never turned on the air conditioning in our room. We left the windows open and there was such a nice cross breeze. There is a safe in the rooms should you need to put something away for safe keeping.

The birds, iguanas, and other animal life have no fear of you at the hotel. While relaxing in the swimming pool I saw 3 iguanas, several birds who skimmed the pool to refresh themselves, and a frog. I could hear the Howler Monkeys in the background.

Both my husband and I had 3 treatments each at the spa. We had spa treatments here last year while staying in Tamarindo . The women who work in the spa area have magic fingers. Better then any massage we ever received in the States. We get massages on a regular basis.

There is a yoga class each morning should you really want to get in the relax mode.

The hotel is about 4 years old and has every amenity plus more then a chain like The Ritz. It is a very casual place, in fact I didn't even wear shoes at dinner. All meals are under an overhang by the pool. It is beautifully decorated.

I really cannot say enough about Los Altos. Seeing is believing!

Room Tip: There is a suite which has a tv. To my understanding most of the rooms do not have a TV. There is...
Armonk, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

to understand Los Altos you first have to appreciate its goal...to provide every creature comfort possible in the most tasteful manner. They succeed. The owners and staff are delightful and make it clear that if it can happen they will do it for you. Even traveling twenty minutes to town to get more of my favorite juice when the supply suddenly ran low. Food is excellent as are the grounds and pool. Each meal is planned and executed by their chef, an attractive and modest young woman. They are always ready to take you somewhere for a beach, zip line, horseback ride or into Tamarindo to explore.
BUT you must feel comfortable in this kind of property to fully enjoy the experience. We were the oldest of a maximum of six couples by many decades......which did not trouble us. It might others. All the meals are communal....and distressingly dinner served at six thirty which leaves a rather long night with nothing really to do. There is a small lounge area but not used when we were there, despite its large screen TV. The rooms surround the pool and large sliders front on it......with the curtains closed in the evening the rooms are rather claustrophobic holding only a king bed or queen bed and possibly a very small bureau. Since the property is small they have done the best one can do with it. Breakfast is served at eight thirty, rather late for my taste but not alterable unfortunately.
The spa is wonderful.....designed perfectly with spectacular views yet total privacy and the massages some of the best I have had.
I am not certain I would try to repeat this experience but loved most of it while we were there.

Room Tip: try the suite above the pool
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have had the pleasure in my life of travelling to many places and I was not sure what to expect when I first arrived at
Los Altos de Eros. I did see all these glowing reviews on trip Advisor, but there have been times when they have not lived up to the glowing reviews. This is not the case here! As soon as you arrive it is first class service! The food, the people and most of all the SPA!!! My massage was the best I had ever had and I have been getting a massage weekly for the last 30 years! If you feel you need a real Vacation this is the place to be! Enjoy Relax.......Pura Vida!

Room Tip: We were in the king and love it....
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We read the reviews before we came so our expectations were set pretty high.We arrived 2 days before Christmas and stayed for 6 nights. From the moment we arrived there were smiling faces to great us at the door. We were taken upstairs to our suite which was quite large and the view was spectacular. While we unpacked a fresh gourmet lunch was being prepared just for us, as everyone else had already eaten and we had the entire place to ourselves. Oh yes and after our amazing lunch we were asked if we would like dessert? We looked at each other and knew we had picked the right place! That night we met 3 other couples staying there there are only 6 rooms which is nice, it never seemed to crowded or noisy just really relaxing and peaceful. We all had dinner that evening and had a nice time getting to know one another. The next morning we had breakfast which was delicious, I went on a 3 mile hike afterwards with Jacqueline one of the owners and also one of the nicest people I have ever met! After that my husband and I did the sunset catamaran&snorkel. That was a blast. Each morning COCO the cutest chocolate lab ever would greet me on my way to do either pilates with Jacqueline or yoga. Then you hear a noise and you look up and you see Howler Monkeys above you! So amazing one of my favorite parts of the trip for sure. My husband and I went fishing, he played golf, we went to Tamarindo beach and walked around the town. And I took the Tuesday cooking class which I highly recommend, a lot of fun for sure. We also did the couples massage and dinner in the spa which we had all to ourselves for the entire evening a must do for sure. Our laundry was done everyday, we wanted for nothing the whole trip. A driver to take you any where you want at anytime, freshly baked cookies, smoothies made to order as you lay by the infinity pool with nothing but peace and quiet. Someone always making sure you were happy at all times and had everything you needed. No screaming children, no one trying to sell you anything, no cheesy gift shops, just Pura Vida all good!!! This is our 3rd trip to Costa Rica and by far this is the best. We cant wait to come back. To all the staff at LADE thank you for everything you made our trip a time to remember. And a special THANK YOU to Jacqueline&Calvin you really made us feel welcome, and of course COCO what a great dog!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
An island in Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The setting is amazing, not many customers, almost had the place to ourselves.
As others have said, the massage was the best I have ever had. So warm to lay on the open air tables and not feel a chill. The masseuse had just the right amount of pressure - not too little - I hate a wimpy massage! My next service was a coconut cream scrub - also amazing! My third service in my package was a manicure - I hate to say it, but it wasn't good. The girl didn't really seem like she had training in this dept. Worst of all, the nail polish used never set up (stayed gooey) and was a mess by the time I got back to my hotel. My friend had a pedicure and it was fine.
Lunch and wine were included and was also great!
I would definitely go back to this spa, and perhaps even get to stay there next time! My massage experience has set my standard from now on - I don't think I'll find it again though!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Los Altos de Eros? Share your experiences!