Just arrived home last night from a 7 day stay at Los Altos De Eros (LADE). I usually do not post a review so soon after getitng home, but LADE deserves the attention. I will pass on re stating what all the other reviews consistently state. Just know we rated this an excellent stay from day one.
If you are using T.A. to plan your next vacation, simply rely on the reviews, they are spot on. Calvin and Jacquiline have created a truly unique experience and every single member of the staff works hard to make your stay unbelievable. They are simply the "Best of the Best" in every aspect imaginable. I could not thank Ari, Tattiana, Francisco, Andrea, (the incredible new Chef) and all the other staff, enough.
Once you decide LADE is the place, and you should, here are the must do's:
(1) couples massage
(2) Taking Coco on the 3.5 mile hike
(3) Staying up poolside, enjoying the free wine and Cohiba's while listening to the Howler's
(4) The Saturday dinner, with live music.
Off premisses we did two excursions; the Zip Lines with Pura Aventura and some sport fishing on the half day trip. Pura Aventura runs a very safe and fun zip line tour, with about 12 cables of varying length and speed and nice little "surprise" at the end. Pura Aventura had some very good long cables and at a very reasonable $50 per person price. Highly recommended if you want a bit of an adreneline rush but not over the top.
Fishing was also a very good deal at $300 for the half day to reserve the entire boat. We caught plenty of Tuna. Enough for Andrea to include in that day's lunch. Both were excellent off site options. My recommendation for any off site excursions is to book through LADE as they will not steer you wrong. Just make sure you are back in time for dinner...it is that good.
A few final thoughts: Do go in with an open mind, the close quarters and community meals is a unqiue experience. If you go in with the wrong mindset, it could imapct your stay, but if you are looking for a place for your honeymoon, to rekindle a romance or just get away from the hassles of bigger resorts, I cannot think of a better place to stay.
We are both looking forward to our return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a boutique hotel, spa and yoga retreat located "somewhere between heaven and earth", and only 20 minutes outside of Tamarindo, Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Los Altos de Eros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos De Eros Hotel Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Tamarindo