“Wow” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo

Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo
50 Mts From Super 2001 on the Way to Langosta Beach, Tamarindo 50309, Costa Rica
+(506)26530862
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Never had a meal I didn't love!Food is all from scratch always fresh.The service is excellent.Ac in restaurant which is rare in Tamarindo.The prices are great nothing is over priced.I always end up taking home my leftovers because the meals are a good size.Cant wait to go back!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CarlosyCarlos, Owner at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
My dear friend,

The restaurant business is quite tough, many hours , huge demands, here in Tamarindo is even worst due to the distance from San Jose that basically feed us with most products, but all that pain is gone when you read comments like yours, we are so delighted that you came and enjoy, we beg you to share your experience to all your friends, we are very new in town and need all the sharing .

Carlos

Scott, Louisiana
“A Meal We Won't Soon Forget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Several people told us about Carlos and Carlos, including a couple who lived in Tamarindo, so we figured we'd give it a try. So glad we did!

The service was great; in fact, as we were looking over the outside menu, a staff member came out to meet us. We had a wonderful bottle of French wine (I say this because most wines here are from Chili and Argentina and unfortunately, I often get a headache drinking wines from those regions, so to find something from Italy, France or Spain made me very happy!) I had heard about the "beet salad" and gave it a try....if you like beets, you will love this! Our main course was sea bass (for me) and ribeye (for husband). The fish was delicious...flavors out of this world. BUT THAT STEAK....WOW!! I was so glad my husband shared! Can't begin to explain the flavor infusion in that meal! Fantastic! It was so good, I really thought hard about going back the next evening so I could have my own steak!

Great service and great food.....works for me! We do plan to be back in this area and I'll definitely be at Carlos and Carlos again, ordering my OWN ribeye!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CarlosyCarlos, Manager at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear friends,

My name is Juan Francisco and I am the manager of Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, I loved your revue and like me the rest of the crew of Carlos & Carlos are totally grateful.

We love to see you soon when you around , please say hello,

Juan Francisco
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“A Secret until you've eaten there.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

They have the formula. Excellent service and food. Fair prices and pleasant ambience.
Have had the rib-eye, pasta with salmon in cream dill sauce, and beat salad. All great.

Visited July 2014
My friends,

We are so thankful for your comments in tripAdvisor, we regret only that we met you on your last night, you right, the crazy main street does not have everything, and we are glad that you stumble into Carlos & Carlos.

We are grateful for your visit and your revue,

Juan Francisco
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Yummy-glad we found this our last night in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The food here was great and service outstanding! We ordered the Penne a La Norcina and Chicken Festival. We spent our last night in town here and did not regret it. Find this place as it is off main drag.

• Visited June 2014
My dearest friend,

We are so happy that you had met us, we hope to see you soon again, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your wonderful revue on TripAdvisor, you are totally right about the atmosphere and we are doing something about it while we close in winter.

We love you and we thank you

carlos
Greenwood Village, Colorado
“YUM; a delight for my palate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The menu reflects elevated tastes in Italian food, not your run-of-the-mill pasta house. I splurged with a veal dish that sounded like a perfect combination of my favourite ingredients. Flavours were amazing, blending when appropriate and standing out on their own at other times. Mmmm, I'll be back for that dish - and I haven't eaten veal for decades. I was pretty well filled up when the dessert tray was shared, though the selections looked very appealing. Guess I need to return for a cup of espresso and dessert only some night. Service very attentive and friendly, yet not overwhelming. My only wish is that the atmosphere was a bit warmer inside, maybe with some ceiling treatments or other to break up the room. I'll be back for everything else though, and be bringing friends/family/business to enjoy this treat by the beach.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CarlosyCarlos, Manager at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dearest friend and customer,

We are grateful for your comments , we were honor to have you dine with us, and God willing we will see you and friends soon again.

You are 100% right about the room, we are trying to make some changes to make the atmosphere more cozy, please give us time.

We have our executive Chef from Chicago in town developing new dishes too, guest will be pleased.

JUAN FRANCISCO