“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Luamey

You added Hotel Luamey to your Saves list
Hotel Luamey
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   100 mts east Main Beach Entry, next to Condo Cenizaro Diria, Tamarindo 50903, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 36 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I went to Tamarindo with my sister and we shared a room together in Luamey. Honestly we were pleasantly surprised to find this AMAZING boutique hotel!! After reading all the reviews we decided to give it a try for a night and if we liked it we would extend our stay. The location is beyond perfect!! It is in the heart of all the action, we had the shops, beach, pool and restaurants at walking distance!!! The room was perfectly delightful, shocked to agree with everyone but it did feel like a home away from home!! The pool was great and the owners luis and myriam are amazing!!!! They make every effort possible to make you feel at home. They also gave us information and tips for my sister and I as we are adventure junkies. We booked a bunch of tours with them like horseback riding and we took surfing classes that were offered in the hotel- and yes my sister and I were able to surf on our own on the first day!!! The party scene and casino is great, the relaxing scene is amazing! We even did one of the yoga classes they offered in Luamey! Paz and Melanie were our instructors they were awesome! We left refreshed and I don't think I have to mention it, but if you were wondering, we extended our stay to 3 more nights! It was great!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

my husband and I stay at this hotel.
The rooms very clean and are very nice decorated.
beautiful pool around it.
and very close to the beach.
the owners Luis and Myriam very welcoming and helpful.
i really recommended this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My sister and I stayed at this 5-star quality B&B and in all aspects it was very personal and friendly. The room was clean and an enormous suite with a incredibly beautiful patio that we ate the most delicious and amazing organic breakfast of fresh fruit, organic juice, organic coffee, pancakes, and toast with ginger preserves. The bedsheets were the finest quality of all the hotels we stayed at during our trip to Costa Rica and were much appreciated! The B&B seems newly re-furbished with stunning views outside of a beautiful family of monkeys with their babies in lush trees and beautiful flowering plants. We luckily saw them every day we were there.

Fabulous restaurants within walking distance.

Thank you very much! We would love to come back and definitely recommend your B&B to our friends!

Room Tip: Our Room near the pool was spacious with a huge patio. Loved it! They also have yoga classes and a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Roseland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I just can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was at Hotel Luamey. "Hidden gem" is an understatement! Miriam, Luis and the entire staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful. Miriam and Luis, the owners, were happy to book activities for myself and my friend. They also arranged for poolside massages - highly recommended - twice while we were there. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. A/C worked really well. We were on the lower level, next to the reception area. Eating breakfast outside in the dining area every morning was lovely. Everything about Hotel Luamey is inviting and relaxing. You could never get service or attention close to this at a large hotel or resort. Will definitely stay here again. The location was wonderful. A short walk to the town (lots of restaurant & bar choices) and the beach. Pura Vida!

Room Tip: Our room by the reception area was spacious and comfortable. We only heard positive comments on the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The Hotel Luamey is a marvelous boutique hotel, perfect for an R&R agenda! The layout around the open-air restaurant/bar and the the pool a few steps below is visually attractive and so inviting to guests lucky enough to stay here. The rooms are beautifully and tastefully decorated, with nice, understated details. Many have great terraces with a table and chairs to take it all in…great for sipping early morning coffee before the day starts in earnest. We had breakfast included in our rate, and it was a real breakfast, cooked from scratch (not served out of buffet trays), and served by a wonderfully cheerful waitress who was so happy to see us enjoying her country. The location is also ideal…about a block from the main drag and the beach, but amazingly quiet and secluded just the same. If you want peace and quiet once you’re back at your hotel, this place can’t be beat. If I had to define the Luamey in two words it would be CASUAL ELEGANCE. By the way, I looked at a couple other places with a similar category/ranking on Trip Advisor, and the Luamey comes out way ahead…

The icing on the cake, as so many have noted, is the incredible hospitality shown by the hands-on owner-operators, Luis and his wife Miriam, well travelled expats who are now fulfilling their dream. They are quick to help organize any tours, recommend restaurants and even give personal surfing lessons: Luis and his son got my two teenage boys up and surfing during the first 30 minutes of their well-priced two-hour class, with a money-back guarantee: stand up or your money back!

You’ll fall in love with the Luamey…I can’t wait to go back!

Spanish speakers: si son latinoamericanos, mejor aún; Luis es venezolano y Miriam colombiana…pasamos horas hablando y riéndonos con ellos!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I spent four days in October 2013, everything was perfect!!!
The facilities are very nice, it is like sanctuary in Tamarindo. The environment was very relaxing and peaceful. I even got to see monkeys in the afternoons.
The pool is big, the vegetation is beautiful
Breakfast yummy
The rooms were beautiful and clean
The owners (Miriam & Luis) and staff were wonderful, very friendly and helpful
The location is so perfect, we were down a little street from all the main restaurants, bars, clubs and of course the beach!
Massage area its so nice and relaxing, try a massage!!
I feel in love with the hotel that I am planning to come back!!!! with my kids.

I recommend this Hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Easily among the best vacations I've had. The Luamey is as close to perfection as it gets. With beautiful beaches nearby, clean and comfortable rooms, and a great staff, you might want to spend your whole vacation on-site. Surf lessons with Adrian are a must!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Luamey? Share your experiences!