“Beatiful, relaxing, and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Luamey

You added Hotel Luamey to your Saves list
Hotel Luamey
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   100 mts east Main Beach Entry, next to Condo Cenizaro Diria, Tamarindo 50903, Costa Rica   |
Offers & Announcements
Apr/May Spring Fever $101
Ranked #1 of 37 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Beatiful, relaxing, and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Easily among the best vacations I've had. The Luamey is as close to perfection as it gets. With beautiful beaches nearby, clean and comfortable rooms, and a great staff, you might want to spend your whole vacation on-site. Surf lessons with Adrian are a must!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My experience staying at Hotel Luamey was beyond perfect. I was just there in the end of march 2014 and it was exactly what I needed to release some stress. The environment was very relaxing and peaceful. I even got to see monkeys and take pictures with them by the pool. I fell in love with the owners, they are very nice and welcoming.The service as well was excellent, If I needed a towel Nena, the cleaning lady, will bring me one in 5 seconds and the rooms were always clean. The food is amazing as well thanks to Yoma, the chef, she makes the best gallo pinto. Don't even get me started with the drinks, YOU MUST TRY THE AMAZING LEMONADE!!! I'm even craving one right now!! On top of that, this hotel was perfect because I was close to everything. There were restaurants and shops that were all walking distance and even the beach, it's just one block away. I even got surfing lessons from the owners son, Adrian, who was a really good instructor! I never thought I would be able to surf until he proved me wrong. BTW ladies he is a really handsome guy with a great body so definitely get lessons from him! Besides surfing on the beach with a hot instructor, the sunset is breath taking. I will definitely be coming back again in the summer!

Room Tip: If you want the largest room get the one all the way to the left corner but besides that they all ar...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I don't know where to start. This hotel is amazing in so many ways. Luis and Mariam made us feel at home right away. My boyfriend and I spent 4 nights here and wish we stayed longer. The location is so perfect, we were down a little street from all the main restaurants,bars,clubs and of course the beach! Our room was so spacious and our view of the pool gorgeous. The rooms have a safe, an AC that cools the room down in less than a minute a beautiful shower and a comfy bed with comfy pillows. I am a crazy planner and for this part of the trip I didn't book anything. Mariam helped us and booked all our tours for us(thanks again). the breakfast was our favorite part, nena starts you off with fresh fruit and then the choice is yours: eggs, bacon, pancakes, toast, salmon, omelets. Simply amazing. By the time we had to leave everyone felt like family(including their dog bubbles) . They are there to help you with anything you need. Already planning our trip back! Thanks again for the great time Luis and Mariam :)

• Stayed March 2014
Potomac, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hotel Luamey is a lovely property just off the main road, about 3 minutes walk to the beach....a calm oasis in the center of touristy Tamarindo. Restaurants and shops are nearby but the hotel itself is nice and quiet. There are eights rooms in the hotel on two levels. Our first floor room was spacious and spotlessly clean with comfortable beds and opened onto a veranda with ample seating. The best part of our stay was meeting the owners Luis and Miriam who are friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home. Each morning a hearty and delicious breakfast is served on the porch overlooking the pool (or if desired on the veranda outside your room) by a very nice woman (wish we had gotten her name)- she also made delicious limeaide/mint juices for us on arrival and one afternoon that we lounged by the pool. Miriam and Luis are happy to help you to plan and book activities. Luis and son, Adrian also teach surfing and our sons enjoyed a lesson with them. Overall, we would highly recommend this hotel for its location, value and above all, hospitality of the owners. Thanks Luis and Miriam.

Room Tip: First floor room with veranda overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I wast staying in Hotel Luamey in late February of 2014. It was a great time!

I was traveling by myself for a surfing. My initial plan was to stay in my surf camp with other members, but due overbooking I had to stayed in a hotel. So this is how I got to Luamey.

I can say that this is an amazing family hotel ran by Luis and his wife Miriam who are incredibly hospitable and friendly. They were really helping me during all of my staying there. It was not just like having a bad and that's it, it was like you were visiting your relatives or old friends :)

Some words about hotel:
- My room was very cozy and brand new, there were a comfortable bad, bathroom and small patio at the street.
- I had included breakfast, which was really good (not just coffee and toasts)
- The hotel territory is not big but very green, there was always a fresh breeze, it was safe from sun, full of sounds of the birds, monkeys and other wildlife :)
- Location of the hotel is great! It's right in the center of party Tamarindo! There are a lot of trendy places near by - restaurants, bars, clubs an a lot of people. And it's just 3 minutes away from the ocean! You will not be alone and bored here, guaranteed!

I think if you solo traveler it may be a great option to stay in this hotel as it's safety, comfortable, has it's own personality and gives you the best location to explore Tamarindo day and night activities :)

Room Tip: I was staying at Cabana Suit Room on the first floor. It was really great and quit!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Shoreline, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Disclosure: We like being pampered, so after 10-days in Costa Rica we were ready for some 'above-and-beyond' treatment.

TIME-SAVER BOTTOM LINE: Spend a little more and ENJOY (instead of endure) your stay. Very good value for a upscale hotel. Clean, well appointed, competent & friendly staff, good food, walking distance to all area attractions - even frequent near sunset visit from a family of monkeys.

We had initially booked into a nearby hotel, but upon arrival discovered the on-line description was way off the actual amenities. That hotel's owner recommended the Hotel Luamey.

Upon arrival we were greeted warmly by owners Luis and Myriam who provided us complimentary limeade (FAB-U-LOUS!). We registered and were taken to our room. The room was clean, in good repair, and had an upscale decor and feel - as did the entire property and experience. Yes, the price was a bit more than what we had originally budgeted, but for 30% more money, we received 70% better amenities ADD the personal care element and we realized this was a hidden gem.

- Spacious, well-lit rooms with views
- Quiet
- Thick mattresses
- Quality Pillows
- Zealous Air Conditioning
- Hot water
- Shower heads that deliver a full spray (pressure a little weak - but above par)
- Plush towels
- Attentive owners & staff who are concerned that your wants are tended to and quickly become extended family ... the favorite kind.

Room Tip: The top floor suite is spacious and quiet with a private balcony overlooking the pool. Wi-Fi was sp...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hotel-Luamey, Manager at Hotel Luamey, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Guys Thank You for such a nice and complete comments about the hotel and your stay .. we expect you again next year and we'll have some more surprises for you !!! Regards
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a lovely boutique hotel that is perfectly situated in the center of Tamarindo. The owners Myriam and Luis are without a doubt the two nicest people that you could ever meet and are there to make your stay thoroughly enjoyable!!! The property has a lovely pool, the rooms are spotless and the bed was super comfy! I can't say enough nice things about this place -- it was simply incredible!! We will definitely stay at this hotel again when we venture back to Tamarindo! Thank you so much Myriam and Luis, we loved our stay with you! Warm Regards, Tamara and RJ

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hotel-Luamey, Manager at Hotel Luamey, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Tamamra,

Thank You for your comments !!! Come back anytime !! Warm Regards from Tamarindo Costa Rica !!

Been to Hotel Luamey? Share your experiences!