“I like this hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Zullymar Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
Zullymar Hotel
You added Zullymar Hotel to your Saves list
Tamarindo, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
Vancouver, Canada
“I like this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2007

Stayed at the Zullymar for 3 nights early in February and I quite like the hotel. Admittedly its not a 4 star - but in Tamarindo $69.00 a night for a double room with air conditioning isn't 4-star prices either. This town has gotten quite expensive! The room is large anc clean - air-conditioning worked fine - the shower had hot water - the sheets were clean - the beds were relatively comfortable - and there was a fridge in the room that worked. What more could you ask for?

Its right in the centre of town, right across the street from the beach and has a very nice pool (the pool chemicals were checked several times a day). The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but there are a number places very close by. There is a small supermarket about one block away and as we had a fridge in the room, we could stock up on snacks, juice (and beer of course).

And contrary to an earlier review, the room numbers DO appear above the doors to the first floor rooms that enter off the pool area.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2006

I rather enjoyed this hotel. The location is absolutely perfect, the staff was very nice and helpful to me and my boyfriend. Air Conditioning is KEY in Costa Rica, especially if during December, January. The air conditionding worked wonderful, I almost didn't want to leave the room sometimes. I felt the price was extremely reasonable, about 80$ a night w/ a.c. The shower left a little to be desired, but I realize i'm not staying at a 5 star hotel, so I didn't mind. Maybe it's because i'm a college kid, and I'm not too picky...i've definetely stayed in much worse, but i enjoyed this place and would recomend it. (unless you're picky about comfortable beds and specifics.)

• Stayed January 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2004

If you need to be smack in the middle of it all then this is the place to be! I stayed on the first floor with easy access to the pool and beach. The rooms were not very secure nor were they cleaned well. Practically no water pressure and the shower leaked out into the bathroom area. Surprisingly, the AC was great, but over all I would recommend another place. I was with a group and we occupied several hotels there over a 10-day period and this was the worst out of the 4 hotels.

New york, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2004

This hotel has a great location on the main strip in Playa Tamarindo, very close to many of the local restaurants and right across the street from the beautiful beach. This is where the benefit of this hotel ends.Tamarindo itself was a lovely beach with soft sand, little shade, decent waves and very warm water. The beach was worth the visit, but this hotel certainly was not.The floors in the room felt unwashed, we were charged extra for air conditioning that didn't work (and they refused to refund the difference), the whole place felt terribly unsafe and was ridiculously noisy. They had doors that opened to a main pool area that had no numbers on them (each room around this area on the main floor had two doors - one numberless door faced the pool), so several times during the night drunken tourists tried to invade our room, banging on the door and trying their keys in vain. Apparently this happens all the time, said the receptionist so I shouldn't have worried because it was so commonplace!Then at 3 in the morning, a group of teenagers were outside yelling for 10 minutes, and security did absolutely nothing until we went outside and asked them to be quiet. Then suddenly security came to assist, but not a moment sooner.No breakfast here and few inexpensive options in the area. The hotel towels were like sandpaper and the shower was a mere rusty drip. Only drying soap for toilettries in this $60/night place on top of everthing else, and pillows that felt like they were stuffed with marbles. I wasn't even sure that they had cleaned the sheets.The staff was extremely rude and refused to give recompense for all of the difficulties in our stay, including the air conditioning we had paid for that didn't work. The place was disgusting in every way, and I strongly warn anyone against it.

• Stayed March 2004

Been to Zullymar Hotel? Share your experiences!