“Nice pool area, super helpfull” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zullymar Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
Zullymar Hotel
You added Zullymar Hotel to your Saves list
Tamarindo, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Tamarindo
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Nice pool area, super helpfull”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Zullymar ended up being great for us. I was with a group of 8 people and they had 3 rooms for us right by the pool. The front desk guy was super helpful and even took us to some of the surf breaks about the area we may not have found otherwise. Wish i could remember his name. Pool area was fun, clean, and had a bbq area which we took advantage of and loved. It was the first place we came to and it suited us just fine. The rooms were average but clean and we didn't really spend much time there anyway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is average by Costa Rica standards but very good for its location. Situated at the end of the main road into Tamarindo just about 100 meters from the beach, Hotel Zullymar has patios or balconies overlooking the outdoor pool. Iguanas and exotic birds are everywhere which lends credence to the "Pura Vida" lifestyle. My only issue with the hotel was a cockroach found on the bathroom floor when I arrived. I assume that was because the AC was turned off at the time. NOTE: Turn AC on immediately to keep bugs out, including scorpions. They don't like cold. Only other issue is not exclusive to this hotel but common in all hotels in Central America... the pay phone for Canada/US tourists. DON'T use them... I wish I was warned. Each call is minimum $50 charge on your credit card, no matter if you reach voice mail or talk for 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Make sure the AC is working. Upper floors have less chance of "critters" getting in.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. It is in the perfect location on the main strip.The rooms are basic but they are clean. I love that it has a nice pool because the two days we were in Tamirindo it was extremely windy which made the beach (across the street) not so appealing. It also has parking at the hotel which is gated and secured at night. On our last morning in Costa Rica we discovered that our rented vehicle had a flat tire and we only had an hour before having to leave Tamarindo for the airport. The staff at the hotel were super nice and helpful. They changed the tire for us which allowed us to catch our flight. I would recommend this hotel and would book it again when I return to Tamarindo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I traveled with a group of singletons to Tamarindo and the Zullymar was an amazing stay! It's very safe, there is a 24-hout guard on duty and if you want to run around town or surf your heart out without worrying about losing your room key, you can leave it at the front desk.

There is no dining on site, but there are plenty of restaurants and bistro's available nearby. One of the best breakfast places is right across the street and is called Buon Appetito. There are lots of other restaurants and fun clubs to choose from - enough to keep you very busy for over a week.

The beach is amazing. AMAZING! And there are loads of rentals available for surf, paddle and boogie boards. The surf proves more efficient for beginners, as the break isn't steep enough for intermediate to advanced surfers.

It's also very safe for solo ladies. So get out there!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level facing away from the pool. Sometimes guests get rowdy around the p...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Mount Pleasant
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here on a study abroad trip with about 50 people, both showers I took here were hot or cold as I wanted, if you get sick of the beach they have a pool and shade, it is located in the middle of everything on the main strip, they give provide you with towells, pillows, and sheets. They have television and air conditioning, even a person who watches who enters the gate at night as to stop any non-guests. As it was included in my trip I am not sure on the price, also they do not have food. My phone, not very good, was only able to get 1 bar of wifi by the pool, but thats enough for me. No complaints

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Ok so my husband and I arrived in the beachy town of Tamarindo at night. The zullymar hotel had space available upon our arrival which was convenient. The guy who was working at the front desk was shady to begin with and at first offered us a rate above what the Internet was offering. When we asked about the Internet deal, his demeanor turned and wasn't as nice when we first arrived. He then warned us the rooms weren't as nice at the price on the Internet. As he walked us to the room it smelled like weed.... Not really our thing but to each is own. When we go to our room it was out dated and the bathroom was bad. There was not hot water when I took my shower. When my husband told the guy, he just listened to his headphones and said there was nothing he could do. He said we should have gone with the more expensive room to have hot water. Are you kidding me? No me gusta! F the zullymar hotel!

• Stayed December 2012
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband & I,friends and family have been staying here every yr for 12 yrs. For $70 room has a safe,fridge,US cable TV , WIFI, & private patio on pool deck that has a jacuzzi w waterfall and view of the beach across the street . 24 hr security. English speaking managers are almost always there. In the center of town if you like the action but bar music at nite. Safe,fun,and pool is great place to meet interesting people.

Room Tip: Different types of rooms-price & amenities
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Zullymar Hotel? Share your experiences!