“So Helpful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zullymar Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
Zullymar Hotel
You added Zullymar Hotel to your Saves list
Tamarindo, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
Toronto, Canada
“So Helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. It is in the perfect location on the main strip.The rooms are basic but they are clean. I love that it has a nice pool because the two days we were in Tamirindo it was extremely windy which made the beach (across the street) not so appealing. It also has parking at the hotel which is gated and secured at night. On our last morning in Costa Rica we discovered that our rented vehicle had a flat tire and we only had an hour before having to leave Tamarindo for the airport. The staff at the hotel were super nice and helpful. They changed the tire for us which allowed us to catch our flight. I would recommend this hotel and would book it again when I return to Tamarindo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I traveled with a group of singletons to Tamarindo and the Zullymar was an amazing stay! It's very safe, there is a 24-hout guard on duty and if you want to run around town or surf your heart out without worrying about losing your room key, you can leave it at the front desk.

There is no dining on site, but there are plenty of restaurants and bistro's available nearby. One of the best breakfast places is right across the street and is called Buon Appetito. There are lots of other restaurants and fun clubs to choose from - enough to keep you very busy for over a week.

The beach is amazing. AMAZING! And there are loads of rentals available for surf, paddle and boogie boards. The surf proves more efficient for beginners, as the break isn't steep enough for intermediate to advanced surfers.

It's also very safe for solo ladies. So get out there!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level facing away from the pool. Sometimes guests get rowdy around the p...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Mount Pleasant
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here on a study abroad trip with about 50 people, both showers I took here were hot or cold as I wanted, if you get sick of the beach they have a pool and shade, it is located in the middle of everything on the main strip, they give provide you with towells, pillows, and sheets. They have television and air conditioning, even a person who watches who enters the gate at night as to stop any non-guests. As it was included in my trip I am not sure on the price, also they do not have food. My phone, not very good, was only able to get 1 bar of wifi by the pool, but thats enough for me. No complaints

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Ok so my husband and I arrived in the beachy town of Tamarindo at night. The zullymar hotel had space available upon our arrival which was convenient. The guy who was working at the front desk was shady to begin with and at first offered us a rate above what the Internet was offering. When we asked about the Internet deal, his demeanor turned and wasn't as nice when we first arrived. He then warned us the rooms weren't as nice at the price on the Internet. As he walked us to the room it smelled like weed.... Not really our thing but to each is own. When we go to our room it was out dated and the bathroom was bad. There was not hot water when I took my shower. When my husband told the guy, he just listened to his headphones and said there was nothing he could do. He said we should have gone with the more expensive room to have hot water. Are you kidding me? No me gusta! F the zullymar hotel!

• Stayed December 2012
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband & I,friends and family have been staying here every yr for 12 yrs. For $70 room has a safe,fridge,US cable TV , WIFI, & private patio on pool deck that has a jacuzzi w waterfall and view of the beach across the street . 24 hr security. English speaking managers are almost always there. In the center of town if you like the action but bar music at nite. Safe,fun,and pool is great place to meet interesting people.

Room Tip: Different types of rooms-price & amenities
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel and we were a little surprised by the cheap mentality of the owner. After 3 days of cold showering we (again) complained about it and the son of the owner told us that they had shut down the warm water because they had a large group of clients and this way they could avoid high electricity bills!! After arguining about this behavior he turned on the heat again...also the internet connection seemed on a budget, it was more offline than online while in the other wifi spots everything worked fine. The pool is nice but generating a lot of noise from other guests and that at 10pm. Security is good, friendly staff. No hablan ingles, si tiene que hablar espanol. Close to the beach and restaurants. Noisy during the nights because of the bars. Very old mattresses on the beds, not nice for a three weeks stay. It was ok but no 'wow' effect....

Room Tip: Speak spanish
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed here because for two people it was only $70 each for 2 nights. The hotel itself was not so bad from the outside. The pool area is pretty nice. And the rooms look like they would be as well. The people here speak absolutely no English so if you can't understand Spanish its very difficult. Our room was on the top floor. The door was extremely hard to open. The bathroom was gross. Every noise outside seemed to magnify inside the room. The balcony was the only nice part. The wifi worked alright. But only on the balcony. Not in the room. the slider door had the lock removed, so at night it was not comforting with a somewhat interesting night life outside. The fridge was not working. The shower barely squirted out water. The cold faucet worked on the sink but not the hot. I chose to sleep in my sleeping bag instead of under the covers. Overall I would rather find a nicer place that I felt comfortable staying in rather than being nervous to go to sleep.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Zullymar Hotel? Share your experiences!