“Great little bungalow getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
35% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
Fresno, California, United States
“Great little bungalow getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when I arrived at the hotel. The staff was INCREDIBLY friendly, the rooms extremely clean, and the food at the restaurant was delicious! We ended up moving to another hotel for the second half of our trip and although the other hotel was very nice, we missed staying at Arco Iris! There is a charm that the hotel has that we didn't experience at the second hotel. The grounds were extremely lush and green, and I really loved how small that hotel was. The Seasons restaurant has the best food that we had throughout our trip. When we checked in, the room we were assigned was a little bit difficult for me because I'm in a wheelchair, without being prompted, the staff switched us rooms so that I would be more comfortable! I was really impressed that they went out of their way to make my time there as pleasant as possible. Staying there was certainly a nice surprise and I would stay there again without thinking twice! I really had a great experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My friends and I visited Tamarindo for a week and stayed at Arco Iris for the entire trip. Richard and his staff were incredibly helpful and attentive to our needs. They helped us book our day trips and transportation, as well as recommend restaurants and attractions in the area. Our room was spacious, equipped with a fridge, TV and A/C. The pool was always clean and not crowded. The breakfast bar had fresh fruit, coffee and eggs. The hotel was located just a few minutes from the beach, an easy 5-minute walk. We truly enjoyed our experience - the hotel has a cozy B&B feel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I spent the last 4 days of our Costa Rican trip in Tamarindo. This was our first visit to Costa Rica and I booked the majority of our trip using advice available on Trip Advisor.
We can support the positive experiences that others reported for this hotel. The Arco Iris is as advertised - lovely compact grounds, private quiet pool area, very nice cabins that are clean and cool, functioning A/C, very nice people.
Richard and his associates took care of some travel issues for us including booking a different hotel for us in San Jose. It was a relief to be able to rely on local knowledge to solve some issues.
The hotel is not on the beach but is a 10 minute stroll away. All along the road are restaurants, snack shops, stores, etc. so it is a very nice and safe stroll. Some of the highest rated restaurants are not on the beach but are within a five minute walk on or just off of that same road.
One note is that currently there is construction next door but hopefully the construction will be complete within the next few weeks.
All in all we are very satisfied with our choice.

East Killingly, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Quiet little Gem in Tamarindo. Great staff, great food and the monkeys give you the rain forest vibe in this beach town. Fresh fruit salad or made to order omelets for breakfast. The restaurant is to die for, best food in Tamarindo. We loved it so much we ate there twice. When we go back to Tamarindo we plan on staying at the Arco Iris again. Rooms were spacious and had A/C, huge plus in Tamarindo.

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here for our last leg of Costa Rica, to wash away the grime of hostels and public transport, and it was perfect.

Great pool, never busy, air conditioning in the rooms, and simple breakfast in the morning. WE also ate at the restaurant one evening, and it was delicious :) I got a seafood risotto that was to die for.

I liked the service! Richard was great and just kinda funny. Ask him about his book exchange, if you get bored.

Tamarindo in general, was my least favorite city we visited. Just too tailored to tourists. The beach was nice though. Our favorite food place was the bbq joint. But be careful, tons of places close on wednesdays!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here a week ago and the grounds and rooms are beautiful. The room was extremely spacious and clean! The only problem I had with the room was that the AC was directly in my face no matter how I set it up, and the bathroom sometimes had a strong sewage smell. But the room really was beautiful and comfy.
The service was horrendous! Richard was extremely nice, but when he wasn't around, the women were not helpful.
The first two morning we got to breakfast and the girl was sitting at the bar texting. There was a table of fruits and cereal. So we looked around to see if maybe there was eggs but she just pointed to the table. So I had some cereal. The next morning the same thing happened. The girl just sat there texting on her phone. BUT THEN, this couple showed up, and judging by this snobbiness of this couple they must have spent a lot of money here because immediately the girl got up put her phone away and walked them to a table asking what they want prepared in their eggs. Brought them coffee, cleaned the table and I could not believe it! So basically we were completely ignored and these two were royalty. It completely turned me off.
The I asked the front desk girl for info about tours and she handed me a binder and toldme to see if I like something to let her know. I asked her for more details and she simply told me to refer to the binder. It was very rude the way she acted. Overall, Richard was the only person who was nice enough to smile and ask how we were. Otherwise we wouldve been completely ignored.

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We just loved this hotel, which is beautifully designed, tranquil and very friendly, with superb service from Richard, the owner, and all of his staff. The hotel is located an easy walk from the main drag and the beach, but far enough back to provide peace and quiet in this very busy little beach town. The rooms were large and very clean and the property very well kept. The morning breakfasts fueled our days and the nights were only interrupted by the occasional sounds of wildlife (except on Saturday, when the music from the bars in town could be heard - but that's not the fault of the hotel!) We even saw monkeys in the wooded area next to the hotel! In fact the whole place is an oasis of friendliness, service and comfort. We could not have asked for more. My only suggestion to Richard is that he find a way of putting up a couple of signs along the streets to guide people to the hotel, because it was a bit hard to find! And you want to find it, believe me!