"Pura Vida" and "No Worries". Each phrase heard repeatedly during our June 11-16, 2013 stay at Sueno Del Mar, and each time, the resort lived up to it. From our check-in with Sol, to the delicious breakfasts served each morning by Lily and Helen, to the tours arranged by Sue or the recommendations for food and massages from Eduardo, this resort truly typified the "Pure Life". Our stay in the Luna suite (highly recommended) was truly magical, outdoor shower and hammock in room included. The location is excellent, only a short 10 minute walk up a beautiful beach to Tamarindo, but far enough away to be private and magical. Bathing in the outdoor shower with Howler monkeys and iguanas in the trees overhead just has to be experienced. If the opportunity arises, ask Eduardo for a massage recommendation. You will not be disappointed. Thanks Eduardo and Kim. And be sure to tell Sol to leave the lights OFF in the pool for you at night. She'll get a kick out of that. Lily's breakfasts were truly heavenly, and a full 3 courses to say the least. Dessert for breakfast is truly "Pura Vida,." The night staff even lights candles on the pathways at night for those returning from a nice meal in town at one of the many fabulous restaurants recommended by the hosts. Hammocks and Adirondack chairs are easily found on the beach, as well as a covered bed to watch the majestic Costa Rican sunset. Grab a bottle of wine or a cold Imperial from the honor bar, and walk the 40 or 50 feet to the beach front , and witness the intense colors of the setting sun. Need surf lessons? They can accommodate you there also. Thanks Brian. That man has patience you would not believe and makes learning to surf fun. The only regrets we had for our stay at Sueno Del Mar was not booking more nights. The staff here is wonderful, the resort magnificent, and the views and total experience was unbelievable. My wife and I were celebrating our 25 anniversary a little early, so I had high expectations, and Sueno Del Mar shattered them. Set yours high, and see if they can shatter yours. You won't be disappointed. Pura Vida!
- Also Known As:
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel Tamarindo
- Sueno Del Mar Bed And Breakfast
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sueno del Mar is a boutique B&B on the beach. We are know for our gourmet breakfast made with fresh local ingredients. On the beach we created a very comfortable setting with hammocks and lounge beds to relax and watch the incredible sunsets. Included in our room rates we also offer the use of our complementary snorkel equipment, bicycles, surf boards, fishing poles and body boards. We are looking forward having you stay with us. Pura Vida! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sueno del Mar Beachfront Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.