“Hidden Paradise Close to the Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Hidden Paradise Close to the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was by far the best ending to my weeklong trip. We stayed here for 3 nights and it was worth every penny. We made sure we had an oceanview room, which I would suggest because the sunset from the balcony is gorgeous. The hotel staff were very pleasant and keep a very clean hotel. It is very modern and the grounds are exceptional. I was skeptical not staying "on" the beach but after I got there I was happy not to. I was happy to have my safe haven away from the loud tourists and drunk teens. Upon Checkin- make sure you reserve your daybed! Breakfast is really great and should not be missed. We did not have dinner there because there were a lot of great little cafes and restaurants to go to but I would come back and stay at this hotel any day of the week.
They did a phenomenal job and the name of the hotel is true to what they have achieved.

Room Tip: Room 15 with a balcony view of the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It was an absolute joy to spend 4 nights at Jardin del Eden! The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are clean and beautifully decorated and we especially enjoyed our balcony where we could see a beautiful sunset every night. We had the best of everything here, a quick walk to the private beach area or to town, giving us a choice of restaurants. Jardin's restaurant was quite good and I highly recommend their homemade ravioli, quite excellent! Spending time at the pool was a peaceful experience since it is mainly an adult hotel. Definitely take advantage of their free cabanas which you can reserve for a half day. The staff is friendly, wonderful and very hardworking! They go out of their way to make sure you are enjoying your stay. One staff member made sure we didn't miss seeing the family of howler monkeys on the path to the beach. They are usually in the same tree every morning eating leaves and mangoes. When the monkeys drop a mango the squirrels are nearby to scoop it up up instantly and eat the rest! I find Costa Rican's have a great respect for their natural environment and take great pride in their country. The only recommendation I would make is to put more railings by the many steps around the hotel. I definitely would return to Costa Rica and spend more time here! It was the perfect place to end our adventurous trip traveling around the country!

Room Tip: Definitely get a balcony! Third floor has ocean views.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I can't give enough praise to this hotel. It is an absolute must stay if you're headed to Tamarindo.

Clean, incredible ambiance, quiet, private access to the beach, beautiful grounds, friendly staff, conveniently located in town.

The only negative comment is that the bar/restaurant is overpriced.

Do yourself a favor and stay here.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a great hotel! We stayed in a Superior B room with a garden view. In my opinion, this was the best location on the property... we were closest to the pool as well as to the side walk that leads to town. I believe our room had been recently remodeled so it was very clean and up to date. While the hotel is right in the middle of town, it is set back behind another hotel which kind of shields you from the noise that you might experience being on the main street. Very peaceful, excellent service, beautiful landscaping, and fantastic restaurant. Breakfast was top notch every morning and dinner was delicious. Jose provided excellent service in the restaurant! Great WiFi and air conditioning in rooms. Minifridge and safe were also included in the room.

My only very minor complaint was that there were not enough blankets on the bed - there was only a cotton sheet along with a thin silk sheet. This could have been to encourage keeping the A/C at a warmer temperature; however, we would end up waking up each night freezing lol.

I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again in a heart beat. It was exactly what we were looking for and more!

Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really wanted to give this place 5 stars! The pictures just don't do it any justice! The landscape, and courtesy of employees is by far impeccable! However, the bugs at this location turned me completely off!

Pros: Beautiful, helpful staff, language barrier no problem- they speak English very well compared to other natives, they help arrange tours and have alot of information as far at eating, transfers, and sight seeing! Each room is unique(I know because I was shown about 4 after our first night incident) and very eclectic. The atmosphere is incredible. Literally, quiet all day and night (with a full staff running around during the day). This is probably what Heaven is like. They supply towels for the beach( less than a 5 min walk across the street to the gated access) and give complimentary drinks upon arrival. The restaurant on site is amazing, and serves delicious food! Complimentary Costa Rican breakfast every morning is definitely a plus! Security 24/7 also puts the worrying mind at ease.

Cons: The stairs can be a con if you are handicapped or not used to many steps or incline. This wasn't a con for me, but it defintely can become a problem. The only con that I have with this location (that should be getting 5 stars, but I can't rate it 5 due to events that transpired) are the bugs!!!! Yes, I know we're in a tropical paradise and bugs are expected, but the ants in the shower, bedroom and patio outside my door were ridiculous! The bugs found in my safe on top of my passport and in my bed were gross! Im not sure if they were bed bugs or termites. There were bugs found every morning around the toilet and wooded furniture. The bugs were out of hand and definitely ruined what should have been a 5 star hotel experience! They will relocate you to another room, but it's only a matter of time before more bugs appear. We stayed for a week and yes, housekeeping cleaned every day. We would've moved to another hotel, but everything was booked for the week. This is truly a beautiful hotel, but the bugs that come out at night and random times during the day are ridiculous. If possible, try to get a room that is in the main part of the hotel and on the first or second level looking over the pool.

arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Check in very smooth with view of ocean ...nice...over the next few days we had some WiFi issues which were resolved immediately... A family of howler monkeys seemed to take residence during our stay in the surrounding trees by the outdoor restaurant Breakfast area ...cool...beach a few minutes from hotel. For an awesome experience take a morning/evening stroll up and down tamarindo beach...peaceful and relaxing enjoy..

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent hotel! We stayed there five days after traveling around in Costa Rica.It was really a garden of eden . Excellent service and superb restaurang . We can really recommend this hotel.Gunnel and Anders

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Jardin del Eden boutique hotel? Share your experiences!