“Outstanding Value and Wonderful Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
Houston, Texas
“Outstanding Value and Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I planned a trip for my wife and I and another couple to Costa Rica. This is our 4th time to this wonderful country and I made us reservations at this hotel, sight unseen. We upgraded to the suites (one for each couple) and were very impressed with the accommodations, View of the water, very clean pool, restaurant and bar, and overall hotel. The value was great and they have adequate parking. I stay at hotels over 25 nights per year and this is one that I would visit next time in Tamarindo. If you plan to stay in Tamarindo, make reservations and then call to discuss. They were very helpful and can tell you about the rooms, suites and cottages at the hotel. I will definitely stay here and recommend to our Costa Rica friends.

Room Tip: Ask about the view from the room. This place is on a hill and you need assistance with luggage if y...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BW Vista Villas T, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Tamarindo Vista Villas, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
What a wonderful recommendation especially from someone who spends so much time in hotels during the year. Our suites are very large, and have a living room—with 2 beds that double as sofas—a kitchen, and various ocean views. And our pool was refurbished last year and is looking (and feeling) great. We are looking forward to having you return to the Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas on your next trip. We will be waiting with a drink, a nice room, and of course, the beautiful Tamarindo sunsets.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My new husband and I chose to stay here for our honeymoon, and truly, I have no words to describe how absolutely AWESOME this hotel is. This is in large part due to the staff. From the second we set foot on the property, we were treated like family. Everyone that works there goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and welcome. When it came time to leave, only a week later, I felt like I was leaving my true friends behind me. Truly, this hotel has the BEST staff and I cannot rave about them enough. They answered all of our questions about the area and even offered to make all of our tour reservations. As for the room, we were pleasantly surprised by how big it was! For the price we paid, we did not expect the room we got. I've read that many people feel the rooms are outdated, but I didn't get that feeling at all. We were more than comfortable and I'm sure we both got the best sleep of our lives! I also must say something about the Crazy Monkey restaurant. We spent a ton of time here. It was just the best. The drinks are wonderful, the food is AMAZING, and again, the staff is just a blast. They always had us laughing and talking within seconds of walking up. Just so much fun. I loved spending time at this hotel and I am counting the days until we get to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BW Vista Villas T, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Tamarindo Vista Villas, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
You have us speechless because with this “awesome” review of us. You know, we think we do have the best staff, many of whom have been with us for years. From the first, when you make a reservation, we genuinely like helping people with getting the best rooms. Of course our goal is for you to enjoy Costa Rica, and our receptionists do everything possible to get you into the best rooms and on tours that show off our country. And we can’t say enough about our bar tenders and wait staff who are on call from morning to night to serve you delicious drinks and food from the Crazy Monkey Bar and Restaurant. Since you had such a great time on your honeymoon, maybe you will consider coming back for your anniversary. We’d love to have you back to celebrate.
La Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our family's first visit to Costa Rica- and it couldn't have been better served. We had excellent hospitality and were treated like friends of the family by the entire staff - especially the staff at the poolside bar/restaurant (Kristie and Fernando!). Fernando went way out of his way (San Jose!) to get horchata for my daughter and Kristie spent extra time telling us about the country and making us feel at home in Tamarindo. The location for my surfing sessions was perfect - I could check out the entire bay from my balcony and accessing both the beach and town were simple. The friday night party was a blast and I always felt we were safe and comfortable. There are more luxurious accommodations around but none have the overall value as the Vista Villas in my opinion. We're going back!

Room Tip: Third floor sea view rooms are best for checking out the waves and seeing wildlife, etc.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BW Vista Villas T, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Tamarindo Vista Villas, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Great to hear from you Joseph, and thank you for writing such nice words about us. We are pleased to have been able to make your first trip to Costa Rica so enjoyable. There’s no one like our Fernando, who really does make every effort—even sending to San Jose—to satisfy our guests who eat and drink at our bar and restaurant. The hotel’s location is right on the hill at the entrance to the town of Tamarindo, with the beach right across the street, and there’s unobstructed ocean views from most of the rooms and the pool and restaurant. This is the perfect spot to check out the waves each day before heading out. So glad you were able to make it to our Friday night Latin Salsa party. Vino Tinto, the live band, provides the salsa, merengue and more, while DJ Pipe spins the beats when the band takes a break. We’ll have a room waiting for you when you return, which we have no doubt will be very soon.
New York Mills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here for a week at the end of July, and we had a blast. The town itself, the tours, the nightlife, everything was great, but the best was this hotel, and specially the people operating it. Tamarindo Vista Villas came highly recommended by some friends who stayed here last year, and all good things they said about it.......this year we think it was even better. The staff is super friendly, they all speak English, and nothing is too much. Michael, a new member of the staff, was very knowledgeable about the tours, the beaches nearby and the places to go to at night. The first day we arrived he picked us up in the reception, helped us to the rooms, told us we had to come to the restaurant for food and drinks, gave us some lessons at the pool table.....and then it turned out he was more or less the manager.......I know some managers, but most of them won't carry your suitcases to your room. But OK, he was fantastic. All tours he recommended turned out to be fantastic, specially the fishing trip was something we'll never forget. One thing we all agreed upon, next year we'll be back, and we hope the staff will still be the same. Some things you shouldn't change too much. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BW Vista Villas T, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Tamarindo Vista Villas, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Yeah, that’s our Michiel, always ready with a helping hand. He’s at breakfast everyday giving advice about Tamarindo, and in the evening, when he’s no longer on the clock, he’s at the pool table giving pointers. Michiel is a great addition to our already very helpful staff. You pointed out that you came to us on the recommendation of your friends. We are grateful for good reviews like this one and the word-of-mouth recommendations because they bring us such great guests. We’ll look for you next year; we are ready to serve you again.
Laguna Vista, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is my third review of the Vista Villas. I really enjoy Tamarindo, the beach, the view, & most of all the staff. While this is my third review, it is actually my fifth stay with them. I return about every 6 month for 2-3 weeks at a time. Since I go there primarily to surf, staying a longer period of time virtually insures getting good waves somewhere in the area.

Since my last trip in January, they have made some nice upgrades to the rooms. Recessed lighting & a flat screen TV made the room brighter & more comfortable. The rooms remain basic, but the work fine for me even for 2-3 weeks at a time.

The staff has had some turn over, but they still remain the most friendly & welcoming people in Tamarindo. Trevor is still managing the property with help from a new assistant, Michael, who handles everthing from the bar & restaurant to maintenance. As usual, I made my reservations on line via Ellen & Erika.

When I arrived at 10:00 PM, Marisol was waiting to check me in (her last duty of the evening, before going home). Up to my room & off to The Crazy Monkey Bar for Ladies Night. As always, I was greeted by Fernando, Sharom & Adolfo with a genuine "Welcome Home". I also met the newest member of the of the staff, Kristie, a medical student from near by Santa Cruz.

This was the start of 3 great weeks in Costa Rica. Many of the hotel guests are, also, surfers so I met many new friends & their family's during my stay along with two family's I had met the previous August. We plan to meet again next year.

What I love most about the Vista Villas is how they make their guest feel at home. Every employee from the housekeepers, (Sandra, Yesenia , Maria & Johanna) to the maintenance staff take a genuine interest in their guests & strive to make their stay memorable.

I plan to return next April to celebrate my 60th birthday. That's how much I love this place.

Room Tip: 300 series rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I bring a large group to Costa Rica every year and for the last two years, we've started our trip at the Best Western Vista Villas. It's super! The property has many different room types, so I can always find what I need. The staff is super accommodating from Reservations to Housekeepers! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Wow, where do I begin? Lets start with the kindness of Ellen and Aldolfo in reservations, then we will move on to Michael's new shrimp paste dish you can get at the Vista Villas Monkey bar, we will move on to Kristie's insanely great margaritas, and Fernando's tasty mojito's. Trevor I don't know how you continue to make this place better year after year?!!!!! Once again your staff has outdone themselves and helped to make our vacation more memorable. And let't not forget the view from the bar and pool area is the best Tamarindo has to offer!!!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Tamarindo Vista Villas? Share your experiences!