“Beautiful resort!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Langosta Beach

Save Saved
You added Barcelo Langosta Beach to your Saves list
Barcelo Langosta Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   El Robledal, La Uruca, Tamarindo 1150, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
Early booking offer
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Beautiful resort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Barcelo Langosta Beach resort with a friend in mid-August and had a wonderful time. The resort is small and well laid-out with the restaurant, pool, hotel rooms, spa, and walkways. Its location along a sandy stretch of beach can't be beat! The rainy season was a fabulous time to visit the resort, as it wasn't the least bit crowded and everything was beautifully green and in full bloom and the almost daily rain spell was pretty short.

The pool, with its loungers and thatched cabanas, was fantastic. Howler monkeys entertained us daily in the trees right outside our patio. I've never encountered such friendly staff that worked their tails off! Everyone took great pride in the work they were doing. Not to mention they tolerated my elementary-level grasp of Spanish.

My only reasons for not giving this resort 5 stars is the food (but what do you expect with all-inclusive? Sadly, the cooks also didn't seem to understand wheat allergies, which I found out the hard way after being assured what I was eating was free of wheat; it wasn't.) and the discoteca music each night if you happened to be located in a building nearest the dance floor.

All in all, a fabulous place that I would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the discoteca and on the ocean side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Jaco, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

rooms very clean,staff was good,buffet was okay,dining room was very good and the nightly entertainment was pretty good but could have been better,had a great stage and ampitheater.Beach clean and nice had a sand volleyball area but could use some lounge chairs for guests that would rather be on beach instead of pool,pool and pool bar was great,had dart boards,fooze ball tables and dailey bingo with prizes.

Room Tip: all rooms in good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I just returned from the Barcelo Langosta and I must give thanks to Alexander for making me great eggs (any way I wanted them) every morning. He made conversation, was cheerful and friendly and never too busy to be so very nice. Elvin, one of the waiters was always ready with the second or third cup of coffee, or whatever the picky eaters at my table wanted. I went with my daughter, sister, niece, and two cousins. Though I am one of those people with sensitive taste-buds, there was always something that I could eat.

I liked the all inclusive meals better that the food at the restaurant (you have the option of one meal at the restaurant). At the restaurant the beautiful shrimp I ordered drowned in a sauce that left a lot to be desired.....so I left them on the plate! However again, the staff at the restaurant was friendly and very professional.

Since my daughter is in musical theater, I must give my loudest applause to the young workers "animadores" who did the singing and dancing shows every evening and entertained the guests with dancing classes, exercise routines, volleyball games etc. during their very busy day. Joaquin was very entertaining and made sure the audience was involved in the routines. I especially liked the participation of the young children in the audience. Cesar danced beautifully and had a smile that made everyone in the audience think that he was smiling at them. Alex is the very young gymnast whose solo performance along with his acrobatic stunts made me applaud loudly.....keep up the good work. A big applause to the girls and guys who work so hard to entertain the quest at Barcelo Langosta! My daughter was trilled to meet like minded young people who love to sing and dance and I was so very happy for this.

If you want great tours, speak to Jusy at the Lobby.....she made three wonderful tours possible and she made me feel her trustworthiness and sincerity....I would go back and do more tours any time and I would go back to see these people who were so very kind. For me, the people I met, the staff at Barcelo Langosta, and the wonderful nature tours in Costa Rica were the most memorable part of my trip.

Room Tip: I heard later on that there were 2 story suites with 2 bathroom on premises. I would have chosen th...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Last week, I went to hotel Barcelo with my mom and a group of my 5 aunts and cousins. What a great time we had! Dance classes are given weekly, beach volleyball, water volleyball, all-inclusive food, and clean rooms. The excursion coordinator Jusy is so helpful, we went to Vandara Zip Lining/Horseback riding, White Water Rafting in Tenorio, and she also set up a taxi service to bring us to the the Catarata Cortez (a free waterfall to swim in)--she worked after hours when we called late at night to organize these trips for us. Amazing.

I also made fast friends with all the dancers in the show--Alex, Mariam, Yocsary, Diego, Susan, Czar, Joaquin. I am so grateful to them for their talent, their nightly shows, their entertainment of all the guests during the day as counselors, and their beautiful personalities.

The band is also super special and personable. I'm a fan of the new young keyboardist, Emanuel, who got me to sing "Besame Mucho" with the group on a few occasions.

I have every intention of returning to Hotel Barcelo, participating in the activities, and singing at their karaoke night VERY soon.

Allison S. from New Jersey
www.youtube.com/allisonstrong90

Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just returned from 7 days at this hotel. Did not know what to expect due to some negative reviews. I loved it. Jusy at the tour desk was very helpful with tours & other issues. Attended two shows & enjoyed them. Restaurant had variety & deserts were terrific. Loved the band. Staff was always friendly & helpful. Location not great to do tours due to long travel time to reach them but great for lounging on the beach & surfing. Had to request a room change but only because we did not want to be the noisy areas. Had sent email outlining preferences for assignment but it was never answered. Go & enjoy!

Room Tip: We avoided being near the location of the nightly shows. Faced the jungle area & were able to v...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
North Bergen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Be ready to add a few pounds because the food is varied and very good. I enjoyed the different activities the hotel offers such as dancing lessons, volleyball playing, water aerobics every morning etc. I traveled with my daughter and my two year old granddaughter. It was amazing watching my granddaughter hurrying up at 9pm to watch the musical entertainment. She just loved it and so did I. I thought I was watching Broadway or Las Vegas. The dancers are excellent and they put on a great show. The beach at the hotel was the perfect setting for the baby because there are some rocks where you can just seat and enjoy the water.
My only disappointment was calling the front desk one night to have the room's hair dryer fixed and they had me waiting for over an hour without calling me to let me know whether that was going to be fixed that night or the following day. I finally left the room with my hair wet and service finally came while I was out. I stronglyl recommend this hotel and would definitely come back.

MAINE, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to Barcelo for our honeymoon. If you are looking for a place to relax, the resort is catered toward people looking to relax and do nothing all day. It was nice to have a few days to lay by the pool and explore the beach. Was sad to see we legally couldn't take shells from the beach, not thrilled with that. Most of the wait staff and other employees were knowledgable and easy to talk to in English except for the front desk staff, which is the people we had to communicate with the most :/ Other than that the resort was fine, the room was nice we had. Only negative about the room was that we were near the ampitheather so we could hear all the nightly shows, making it hard to sleep. I would recommend Costa Rica to anyone! Maybe try another resort, but this was average and seemed to be the best bang for our buck!

Room Tip: -It seems the lower levels are the double beds and the higher levels are the single beds -Rooms nea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Barcelo Langosta Beach? Share your experiences!