I stayed at the Barcelo Langosta Beach resort with a friend in mid-August and had a wonderful time. The resort is small and well laid-out with the restaurant, pool, hotel rooms, spa, and walkways. Its location along a sandy stretch of beach can't be beat! The rainy season was a fabulous time to visit the resort, as it wasn't the least bit crowded and everything was beautifully green and in full bloom and the almost daily rain spell was pretty short.
The pool, with its loungers and thatched cabanas, was fantastic. Howler monkeys entertained us daily in the trees right outside our patio. I've never encountered such friendly staff that worked their tails off! Everyone took great pride in the work they were doing. Not to mention they tolerated my elementary-level grasp of Spanish.
My only reasons for not giving this resort 5 stars is the food (but what do you expect with all-inclusive? Sadly, the cooks also didn't seem to understand wheat allergies, which I found out the hard way after being assured what I was eating was free of wheat; it wasn't.) and the discoteca music each night if you happened to be located in a building nearest the dance floor.
All in all, a fabulous place that I would definitely visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean-style Beachfront Hotel located 45 minutes from Liberia Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Langosta Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Langosta Beach Hotel Tamarindo
- Barcelo Hotel Tamarindo
- Barcelo Hotel Langosta Beach
- Hotel Barcelo Playa Langosta
- Barcelo Playa Langosta