“Amazing shows, wonderful staff, a great resort” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 40% discount
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
New York City, New York
“Amazing shows, wonderful staff, a great resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Last week, I went to hotel Barcelo with my mom and a group of my 5 aunts and cousins. What a great time we had! Dance classes are given weekly, beach volleyball, water volleyball, all-inclusive food, and clean rooms. The excursion coordinator Jusy is so helpful, we went to Vandara Zip Lining/Horseback riding, White Water Rafting in Tenorio, and she also set up a taxi service to bring us to the the Catarata Cortez (a free waterfall to swim in)--she worked after hours when we called late at night to organize these trips for us. Amazing.

I also made fast friends with all the dancers in the show--Alex, Mariam, Yocsary, Diego, Susan, Czar, Joaquin. I am so grateful to them for their talent, their nightly shows, their entertainment of all the guests during the day as counselors, and their beautiful personalities.

The band is also super special and personable. I'm a fan of the new young keyboardist, Emanuel, who got me to sing "Besame Mucho" with the group on a few occasions.

I have every intention of returning to Hotel Barcelo, participating in the activities, and singing at their karaoke night VERY soon.

Allison S. from New Jersey
www.youtube.com/allisonstrong90

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just returned from 7 days at this hotel. Did not know what to expect due to some negative reviews. I loved it. Jusy at the tour desk was very helpful with tours & other issues. Attended two shows & enjoyed them. Restaurant had variety & deserts were terrific. Loved the band. Staff was always friendly & helpful. Location not great to do tours due to long travel time to reach them but great for lounging on the beach & surfing. Had to request a room change but only because we did not want to be the noisy areas. Had sent email outlining preferences for assignment but it was never answered. Go & enjoy!

Room Tip: We avoided being near the location of the nightly shows. Faced the jungle area & were able to v...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
North Bergen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Be ready to add a few pounds because the food is varied and very good. I enjoyed the different activities the hotel offers such as dancing lessons, volleyball playing, water aerobics every morning etc. I traveled with my daughter and my two year old granddaughter. It was amazing watching my granddaughter hurrying up at 9pm to watch the musical entertainment. She just loved it and so did I. I thought I was watching Broadway or Las Vegas. The dancers are excellent and they put on a great show. The beach at the hotel was the perfect setting for the baby because there are some rocks where you can just seat and enjoy the water.
My only disappointment was calling the front desk one night to have the room's hair dryer fixed and they had me waiting for over an hour without calling me to let me know whether that was going to be fixed that night or the following day. I finally left the room with my hair wet and service finally came while I was out. I stronglyl recommend this hotel and would definitely come back.

MAINE, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to Barcelo for our honeymoon. If you are looking for a place to relax, the resort is catered toward people looking to relax and do nothing all day. It was nice to have a few days to lay by the pool and explore the beach. Was sad to see we legally couldn't take shells from the beach, not thrilled with that. Most of the wait staff and other employees were knowledgable and easy to talk to in English except for the front desk staff, which is the people we had to communicate with the most :/ Other than that the resort was fine, the room was nice we had. Only negative about the room was that we were near the ampitheather so we could hear all the nightly shows, making it hard to sleep. I would recommend Costa Rica to anyone! Maybe try another resort, but this was average and seemed to be the best bang for our buck!

Room Tip: -It seems the lower levels are the double beds and the higher levels are the single beds -Rooms nea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am here at the hotel right now and it is filthy at the pool area! There are dirty plates, cups and leftover food at a lot of the umbrella tables by the pool. I had to clean one myself and as I was, I had a staff member say hello and do nothing after I told her about the problem! This app does not allow pictures, but believe me....it is disgusting

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The only good thing about Barcelo Langosta is its close proximity to town. It's a 3 min /$5 cab ride from resort , or a 15-20 min walk. The food is at best average. The alcohol is a low grade alcohol, no name brands of alcohol here, unless you want to pay the extra $5 per drink. Who pays for drinks at an All Inclusive Resort. Nightly entertainment , well lets just say its like amateur night. It's not good at all. This resort is for someone who is just looking to relax and go on excursions everyday. Chicken, beef, rice & beans is all you will see for lunch and dinner. No chicken breast, just legs and partial thighs. When reviewing my review, please keep in mind, we have stayed at The Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, The Riu Cabo San Lucas, The Riu Playa Del Carmen, Ifa Bavaro Villas Dominican , all which were All Inclusive Resorts. My overall rating would be decent on this resort. Resort is beautiful and sits right on the beach, but its entertainment, food and cocktails need serious improvement.

Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed at Barcelo Langosta Beach for 4 nights in July. We had a 42 square meter room. Perfect when staying three persons in one room. It says 5 star but in an international ranking I would say 3 star. The food did not impress at all, almost the same food every day and no love from the kitchen. But we payed about 100USD/person/night all inclusive so we did not expect too much. The beach right below the hotel isnt nice at all but if you walk to the left for a few minutes you will find an amazing beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarindo
The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal
#2 of 21 in Tamarindo
4.5 of 5 stars 790 reviews
Jardin del Eden boutique hotel
JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica

Been to Barcelo Langosta Beach? Share your experiences!