“Las Vegas at Barcelo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Langosta Beach

You added Barcelo Langosta Beach to your Saves list
Barcelo Langosta Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   El Robledal, La Uruca, Tamarindo 1150, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
Up to 35% discount
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
North Bergen
“Las Vegas at Barcelo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Be ready to add a few pounds because the food is varied and very good. I enjoyed the different activities the hotel offers such as dancing lessons, volleyball playing, water aerobics every morning etc. I traveled with my daughter and my two year old granddaughter. It was amazing watching my granddaughter hurrying up at 9pm to watch the musical entertainment. She just loved it and so did I. I thought I was watching Broadway or Las Vegas. The dancers are excellent and they put on a great show. The beach at the hotel was the perfect setting for the baby because there are some rocks where you can just seat and enjoy the water.
My only disappointment was calling the front desk one night to have the room's hair dryer fixed and they had me waiting for over an hour without calling me to let me know whether that was going to be fixed that night or the following day. I finally left the room with my hair wet and service finally came while I was out. I stronglyl recommend this hotel and would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
MAINE, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to Barcelo for our honeymoon. If you are looking for a place to relax, the resort is catered toward people looking to relax and do nothing all day. It was nice to have a few days to lay by the pool and explore the beach. Was sad to see we legally couldn't take shells from the beach, not thrilled with that. Most of the wait staff and other employees were knowledgable and easy to talk to in English except for the front desk staff, which is the people we had to communicate with the most :/ Other than that the resort was fine, the room was nice we had. Only negative about the room was that we were near the ampitheather so we could hear all the nightly shows, making it hard to sleep. I would recommend Costa Rica to anyone! Maybe try another resort, but this was average and seemed to be the best bang for our buck!

Room Tip: -It seems the lower levels are the double beds and the higher levels are the single beds -Rooms nea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I am here at the hotel right now and it is filthy at the pool area! There are dirty plates, cups and leftover food at a lot of the umbrella tables by the pool. I had to clean one myself and as I was, I had a staff member say hello and do nothing after I told her about the problem! This app does not allow pictures, but believe me....it is disgusting

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The only good thing about Barcelo Langosta is its close proximity to town. It's a 3 min /$5 cab ride from resort , or a 15-20 min walk. The food is at best average. The alcohol is a low grade alcohol, no name brands of alcohol here, unless you want to pay the extra $5 per drink. Who pays for drinks at an All Inclusive Resort. Nightly entertainment , well lets just say its like amateur night. It's not good at all. This resort is for someone who is just looking to relax and go on excursions everyday. Chicken, beef, rice & beans is all you will see for lunch and dinner. No chicken breast, just legs and partial thighs. When reviewing my review, please keep in mind, we have stayed at The Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, The Riu Cabo San Lucas, The Riu Playa Del Carmen, Ifa Bavaro Villas Dominican , all which were All Inclusive Resorts. My overall rating would be decent on this resort. Resort is beautiful and sits right on the beach, but its entertainment, food and cocktails need serious improvement.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed at Barcelo Langosta Beach for 4 nights in July. We had a 42 square meter room. Perfect when staying three persons in one room. It says 5 star but in an international ranking I would say 3 star. The food did not impress at all, almost the same food every day and no love from the kitchen. But we payed about 100USD/person/night all inclusive so we did not expect too much. The beach right below the hotel isnt nice at all but if you walk to the left for a few minutes you will find an amazing beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Liberia, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed during holiday season and had a nice time. The room was spectacular and the beach is one of the nicest beaches in Guanacaste (I should know since I am Guanacastecan!).
My only negative comment is related to the food. What they offered for lunch was served for dinner and what was left for dinner was given during breakfast. Vegetables were always overcooked (as expected since they were put on hot plates). Everything was nice, the hotel looks like it would need a nice coat of fresh paint but it isn't urgent.

• Stayed December 2012
Lake Grove, Ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We traveled to Costa Rica in December 2012. We got a great price on this hotel for 7 nights all inclusive. The resort was lovely, not too large. It only had one pool, but you were also right on the beach. The rooms were normal sized, nothing more. Since we only used the rooms to change and sleep, they were fine. The entertainment committee was great always getting the guest involved, if by the pool for water fun, also on the dance floor in the afternoon by the outside "hut". They put on shows every night and they were wonderful. We were a group of 10 and had a great time. Be sure to go to the town, the taxis are so cheap, but it's only 1 mile and you can walk there for your tee shirts and authentic costa rican food. Be sure you venture out of the hotel and do some horseback riding, zip lining, hot mud baths, and enjoy the country.
The drinks at the hotel were not the best, but you could pay extra at the lobby bar for top shelf if you wanted. The real negative would be the food. It basically was the same thing day after day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Every night they have entertainment in the amphitheater and it's loud. Be sure to ask for rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Barcelo Langosta Beach? Share your experiences!