I will try not to trash the place as it is perfectly adequate for a lot of people just not for me. First I will go over the negatives I encountered. To start with I first requested on the phone, then via email, an additional night on my reservation 1 week in advance. When I stopped by the night before I was supposed to check in they had no record of the additional night although they had charged my credit card for it. Luckily it wasn't an issue as it was the slow season and they had plenty of rooms. The A/C unit blew room temperature air and it was very hot the night we stayed. We left the room at around 6:30 for dinner and notified the front desk about the problem and were told someone would look at it. We returned around 8:30 and it had not been taken care of so I called the front desk and again asked for someone to come up. We waited until 9:30 and still no help. We were very tired and decided to just go to sleep. I am sure the problem with our A/C is not a widespread at the hotel but it was a big inconvenience. In the morning the toilet did not work. The entire second floor was affected by this but the hotel had it fixed within 90 minutes. Also, the beds are not very comfortable, I am not very picky about what I sleep on unless I can feel springs in my back. Now for the positives. The free breakfast buffet is great, don't miss it if you stay here. The location cannot be beat, right on the good part of the bay. Not too many rocks. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I don't know whose responsibility it was to see that someone looked at our A/C so I do not have any unkind words for the service staff. The standard rooms are adequate but small and a bit overpriced for what you get. Remember that you are paying for location. One last note. I am a bit of a snob when it comes to spoiled snotty Americans. This place is full of them and it was embarrassing at times. I hate entitled tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort Costa Rica is the iconic beach resort located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 6 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Otel, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel