“Tamarindo Diria Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
Miami, Florida
“Tamarindo Diria Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have stayed here several times, very beautiful grounds that are well maintained, food was excellent, rooms are decent with the exception of old plumbing which makes showering more of an effort with either freezing cold or raging hot as your temperature changes constantly while showering...staff is friendly, security is good and overall a nice stay, very close to all shops and restaurants in Tamarindo. A nice place for families but not overwhelmed with children! I would recommend this hotel overall with the exception of the showering and old plumbing, etc.

Room Tip: Rooms on the newer side of the hotel would be better because the plumbing is an issue at this hotel...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We chose this hotel due to the central location within the Tamarindo beach area. We did not want to pay for an all inclusive resort located outside the area, in the middle of nowhere, and used the savings towards several day trips. There are plenty of decent restaurants and convenience stores within walking distance. Having said that, this resort is in a great location, but is tired and slightly dated. The layout is very nice however, but is showing it's age. We stayed in a beachfront room that again was showing it's age, expected a little nicer room considering the extra price paid. The rooms are small, nowhere to sit except on your bed or on the balcony (only 2 chairs). The sliding balcony doors were causing us grief all week, would not close properly (a little better after maintenance repaired). The grounds were well maintained and had plenty of visible security. The swimming pools close by 8:00 p.m., would have been nice if open until at least 9:00 p.m. since there was not much entertainment after dinner. The included breakfast was very good, the service almost non-existent. The coffee pots were placed on the tables and unless we arrived early the coffee was either cold or gone and then you would have to go searching for a pot. Overall, not a bad place, seems to be in line with or better than what we could see in the immediate area.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Paid extra for an ocean view room. At this hotel, it's worth it. Right on the beach. Stepped out of my room and could enjoy the view and sounds of the surf. Nice gardens and pool. Hotel workers very friendly and helpful. The Italian/Pizza place attached to the front of this hotel was really terrific. The room itself was not spectacular. Clean, but small with a few more insects than I like in a hotel room. Ground floor room had a nice little patio area.

Room Tip: Ocean view more expensive, but WORTH it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Did not stay at the hotel but the area where the beach restaurant is great for happy hour and appetizers while you watch surf lessons and the sun going down. Really lovely. We spent a few hours just watching people surf,,,,

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Long Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

After leaving our first hotel, which was very disappointing, we checked into the Diria and was so happy that we did. We had a nice room facing the ocean/beach and everything was great.
The pool was nice, the restaurant was very good and service was also good. We had a choice of pool, ocean, and a nice grassy area to lay around. The room included a great buffet breakfast which had so much good food. The price was a little high, but you get what you pay for.
Would come back again, and recommend this hotel to anyone going to Tamarindo.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sao Leopoldo, RS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I reserved one night at Tamarindo Diria well in advance from my arrival. When the day of the check-in came, and I showed up at the reception desk, not only was my room not ready, but the staff made me wait for almost an hour to get into the room. When I spoke to the attendant, he said that my room had been changed, that it had been "upgraded" and so that I had to wait a little. That little turned into almost an hour and I was able to get into the room only because I requested to speak to the reservations manager and because I "raised my concerns", so to speak, in front of the other customers. At the end, I was given the room I had originally reserved, that means no upgrade, only a headache. The staff's response to this situation was not very professional. They front staff did not even want me to speak to the manager about it and the manager tried to keep on delaying my access to the room by offering crap I did not want. To me, service is everything, so I give this hotel a zero, not only because it was a problem they created themselves, but also because their management skills were pretty darn bad. As for the rest of the hotel, I know for certain that the installations are pretty decent. My room was clean and well-furnished. One thing I also found to be lacking is that everyone seemed to insist in speaking Spanish, even though I spoke English from the beginning. Breakfast is good. In general, this hotel did not offer anything beyond the average things that are expected from a place that is rated with four stars. I'd actually say that it could be placed at the three star level.

Room Tip: Ask to be given a room in the newly constructed area, across the street from the main building. The...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

When I was coming to Costa Rica, I was a little worried about the security from what I had heard, but when I arrived, I was amazed at how safe everything was here at the hotel and condo's. The Condo's are very large, very clean and offers large decks over looking the pool area. There are several pools and a couple hot tubs. There is even a Cabana at the main pool during the US summer. The hotel/condo's are very close to all of the best restaurants and lots of shopping. Its a must stay place. The prices are wonderful and more importantly the safest hotel in the area with guards at many of the gates, and a need for a scan card to get into the gates. The perfect hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms in the hotel seem a little small, but if you go for the condo's most of them have 2 be...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort? Share your experiences!