Saw another review with this pun, way too late for us. I should've done my homework on tripadvisor before booking. The hotel's grounds, location and design details are lovely. But that's where it ends. Someone who knows how to run a hotel needs to take this place over and retrain everyone who works there, starting with the front desk staff. The overall feel of service is begrudging, penny pinching and sub-par in every way. This is our second trip to Tamarindo, first and last to the Diria. Gone were the warm and inviting Costa Rican people I remembered from 10 years ago. This hotel's staff are unhappy, underpaid, and poorly managed. Very sad.
Our entire family got horribly ill with what's been diagnosed as travel's diarrhea. One of my daughters couldn't get on a plane and had to be given IV fluids in the hotel room just to regain her vitals. We've been sick for 5 days, up to a dozen trips to the bathroom per day, and are now on antibiotics. The hotel did nothing to help us except call in a doctor.
All of the negative reviews I've read here are true, DO believe them. It's sad because the resort has so much potential. We are seasoned travelers, and love Tamatindo for the magnificent surf; our kids are in their 20s and loved the town's funky vibe We were taking all the "small stuff" (see other negative reviews) in stride until we got sick. We even managed to laugh when my son's constant attempts to get a bath towel included locking one into the room safe ! It wasn't as funny to us as parents when one daughter called once again for towels and the man who brought them walked into the room and KISSED her. Inappropriate at best.
Yes we were there Easter week and the resort was very crowded and possibly terribly understaffed. But the lingering illness has left us with a very bad impression of this hotel and we cannot recommend it until the Board of Health and/or new management take over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern oceanfront Hotel and Resort with Costarican flavor, located in Tamarindo Beach, 65 km from Liberia Airport (LIR). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel