We stayed at this resort for 4 nights. It was overall a good safe resort but see below as we break it down into discernible pros and cons.
1. The AC
2. Relaxed attitude (see 1 in Cons)
3. Gorgeous sunset seen from the hotel's premises
4. Safe location, also very convenient
5. Good spa
1. Being solicited for drugs on the beach and in many other places in Tamarindo (unrelated to the hotel) only because there was beach access yet not beach chairs (sold separately for rent at $6/pop)
2. A sheet for a blanket
3. No mini bar
4. Ambiguity in bills (10% above 10% already charged at checkout for drinks without being told beforehand, differing late checkout charges)
5. Dark room
6. On our last day, we ran into 3 bats on our balcony
7. Restaurant recs seemed to be situated where they got a commission as we were recommended to La Palapa which induced food poisoning and we were told we needed reservations yet everytime we showed up at a restaurant it was not full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern oceanfront Hotel and Resort with Costarican flavor, located in Tamarindo Beach, 65 km from Liberia Airport (LIR). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel