We got married at the Tamarindo Diria in Costa Rica on March 2, 2013. Below are some of the highlights. We hope this is helpful for those trying to decide on the Diria as a wedding venue.
- Three pools, two with swim up pool bars, which was a prerequisite for my husband. One has a tropical feel and the other is very chic and lounge like. If you are staying multiple days it is almost like having a completely different experience in one resort.
- Nice, clean rooms – we were in room 200, which is an ocean premium room and is slightly in front of the other rooms on the 2nd level. This was nice and made us feel like we had some privacy. Also, we could see the bar and pool from our room so we were able to find people relatively easily.
- We have stayed in every room type at the Tamarindo Diria (except for the classic) and they were all great. I don’t think you can go wrong here.
- Good breakfast
- Location was important to us. We wanted to be on the beach, but we also wanted our guests to have a lot of options for restaurants, bars, activities, etc. This resort had everything we were looking for.
- A small group went fishing on one of the days and the chef prepared 18 fish for our group. Not only did they cook one of our best meals we had in Costa Rica, but they also decorated the tables just for our group. It was such a special touch.
- Since we were there for 10 days, the staff got to know us fairly well and were constantly checking in to make sure we were ok.
- I did have a few guests complain that the bartenders at the pool bar were a little slow, but I never experienced that problem.
The Wedding (Welcome party, rehearsal dinner, reception)
- Welcome party – We had an informal meet and greet at the beach bar. Wanted to provide some light snacks so we asked for one long table to put a few pizzas (from their restaurant) and ceviche shooters. When we arrived, they had a cute chalkboard sign saying our names and they even set-up a few tables where our guests could sit. And by set-up I mean nice tablecloths, glassware, stemware, etc. This was above and beyond what we anticipated.
- The rehearsal dinner was even more impressive. We had an authentic Costa Rican buffet that consisted of enough food to feed the entire resort – our guests continued to say how delicious everything tasted. The tables, food and bar were decorated beautifully and it was well organized making it easy to navigate. Even though we shared the restaurant with other guests, our area was blocked off so we felt like there was some privacy.
- We ended the night with a fire show on the beach. The hotel was nice enough to provide towels on the beach so we had something to sit on.
- Day of wedding – we hired Samantha Kohn as our private wedding coordinator, and she worked closely with Eunice (the onsite Tamarindo Diria wedding coordinator). Between the two of them, our wedding was flawless. We got married on grass to the left of the beach bar. This location was a lot quieter compared to the right side where people were still swimming. It is also adjacent to a brick floor area that we used for the cocktail party.
- Dinner was in a small area overlooking the tropical pool. It is outside with fans to keep you cool and has its own bar. They also decorate the dance floor with twinkle lights giving it a very romantic feel.
I would highly recommend the Tamarindo Diria as destination wedding venue in Costa Rica.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.