I have a few things need to change with Diria for it to be a 4star hotel.
First, this hotel has the nicest beach front in tamarindo.. The hotel is very nice there are rooms on the ocean as well as rooms located across the street.
We stayed in the 600 area located across the street with a view of the inner pool. The room was nice and clean, although, I was shocked that it didn't have a coffee maker, tour brochures, menu for room service, information about the hotel etc. I like to have these things on vacation. The price we paid was fair for the room, although any other hotel would have included what this hotel forgot. Our room had a mini fridge, although in the middle of the night we heard a weird dripping noise and saw it was coming from the fridge, we unplugged it just incase.
We were at first wanted to see if We liked the rooms so we only booked one night and told the reception if we wanted to stay another night we would call the next morning and book the same room again,. The next morning at 9:30 before taking off the flamingo we wanted to book 2 more nights, we went to reception and the woman said they already given our room away and we would have to go pack our things and move to another room! My husband was mad and so was I, there was many other rooms available to give away. We though it was more laziness on the reception part. We told them we were going to stay elsewhere if they made it difficult and we advised the woman to go speak to a supervisor and tell them what we said.... We ended up staying in out original room. Good choice on the hotels part
The grounds of the property are very nice, lots of pool chairs. Although, to get towels you have to go across the street and go to the kiddie pool and get them.. Wasting time for sure..
The pool is huge, funny on our last day walking to my usual spot I looked to my left and saw a path to what looked like another big really nice pool, no signs telling us there was another pool but I thought I would check it out! A beautiful pool, I was right.. Adult only too, nicer more comfy beach chairs too. I was wondering why they didnt tell us about this other adults pool? It also had a bar, there was a woman who worked there who I asked if the bar was open, she laughed and said no. Ok so that was odd. My husband and a couple we met swam and hung out there for the afternoon, having to walk a lot back and forth to get drinks.
In the pool, I had noticed my nails, skin and bathing suits were turning very yellow. Other guests and a few people we met also complained about yellow bathing suits. Apparently from the higher ppm chlorine. I think that is bad personally, my bathing suits were new and now they are yellow.
The rooms also need weather stripping on the doors, after the rain the bugs all got in the room and were crawling on the bed all over me, all on the walls by the front door, it was gross.
Staff was not really around the hotel besides the bar lady, we really never spoke or was spoken to by staff members. More of a serve yourself breakfast, with coffee pots already on the table so no service was needed.
So in a nutshell the hotel could be a 4 star if they fixed the little issues, for now as is it's a 3 star.
I hope the owner of the hotel reads this and makes the changes needed to make it a 4 star. Therefor making it more enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort Costa Rica is the iconic beach resort located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 6 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel