After staying in smaller hotels and national park lodges, the Diria does come as a bit of a cultural shock. It is very large and very busy. The good news is its location right on the beach, clean rooms, despite earlier reviews plenty of towells and face cloths including two pool towels despite issuing us with tickets to get more from the poolside. There is more than adequate storage space for clothes, both drawers and wardrobe. A nice view over the pool from our room. Also the beach is huge and sandy with some rocks for looking for crabs and shells and is also great for surfers - although we are not. The staff without exception were all polite and happy and greeted you each time you passed them. The staff at the beachside restaurant were very attentive and service was fast. However in the main restaurant at breakfast, due to the large number of people there, service with hot drinks could have been faster. There are three pools plus a small childrens pool. We found the best one was the newest one which is across the road near the new block of rooms. This was exceptionally clean and often we were the only people there. All of the grounds and gardens were well kept and constantly watered. Often to cross the road, the guard would stop the traffic for you. Reception were very helpful when we discovered we had lost something at a previous hotel. The bell boy arrived as requested and we had a letter through our door the day before we left telling us our transport time to the airport.
The bad news is that you do have to cross a busy road if you are the other side from the ocean. There is no fridge in the room to keep drinks cool. Also as mentioned in an earlier report there are teething troubles with the new rooms in the new block where we were. There was a strong smell of sewerage in our bathroom that drifted into our room. Some in our group asked to move, but we defeated the smell by putting a soaked face cloth over the drainage holes in the shower tray where the smell was coming from. When you flushed the toilet, you could hear the water from it running under the shower drain and it seemed that there was no trap of any kind under the shower drain to pevent smells from coming up through it? Also workmen were still working on this block, although not much of a problem. There was also the same strong smell on the path from the room towards the road. The bar at the pool nearest our room was not manned until noon, so no chance of a drink until then unless you went elsewhere. At night the guards seemed to have a two-way radio switched on and the transmissions could be a nuisance in the quiet of the night. The wake-up call of the howler monkeys was better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort Costa Rica is the iconic beach resort located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 6 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel